Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:41 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

The Trump Wall represent the biggest Big Government boondoggle ever.
Yes indeed. Billions of dollars in construction contracts and they still get to keep their nannies, housekeepers, gardeners...

It's a scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 09:43 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Exclamation Build that wall!

The wall is a great deterrent against normal Illegal Migrants. However the wall has to be monitors and patrolled routinely. The Wall is part of the tool box and their is good reason why we have to increase our security since Mexico does not care about the movement of immigrants.

Those of the open borders crowd have no concept of safety and security fro the US and our citizens.

Visa and work permits are fairly easy to obtain. Do it right or get deported. simply as that!

Old 03-03-2017, 09:44 AM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The wall advocates are the ones who have a vested interest in illegal immigration.

That way they can claim they are doing something by spending a big bunch of our money while still employing their undocumented housekeepers, nannies, gardeners, chicken pluckers, slaughterhouse workers, roofers, landscapers... at slave labor wages.

The only vested interest I have in illegal immigration is that it negates the rule of law, has cost Americans their jobs, reduced their wages and are costing us $113 billion a year. I have never employed an illegal alien (not undocumented) for anything. I know that walls do work, therefore I am for the wall. I am also for e-verify, denying them any benefits and ending birthright citizenship for their kids.

Most who don't want the wall are those who employ them, are bleeding heart liberals or have ethnic ties to them. Those type of people have never been for the wall so I don't know what you are talking about.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Yes indeed. Billions of dollars in construction contracts and they still get to keep their nannies, housekeepers, gardeners...

It's a scam.
Europe is building walls and are actively deporting Immigrants. Most of the countries in the World have strict immigration laws. Why should the US compromise its laws????

Old 03-03-2017, 09:45 AM

73,043 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

The wall will probably be built along the coast, maybe two miles north along the shoreline.
Problem solved!
Except for one problem, NIMBY. And San Diego is a major port. I don't think ships want to deal with a wall. And who is to say said illegals won't swim around that wall?

Old 03-03-2017, 09:46 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.

We used to winter in the Yuma area and for many years witnessed all this crappola first hand.

Fences pile driven into river areas, balloons with infra red sensors on the end of cables a couple of hundred feet in the air, cherry picker trucks with longer booms with small sensor cabs at the tops of the booms, all manner of detection and observation methods being used ...they still easily got into the country. The ones you caught would get bused back across the border on chartered Wackenhut owned buses only to reappear the following week back where they were before.

All of the businesses like Love's and F/J truck plazas truck washing stations , tire changing, Jiffy lubes, landscaping, roofing contractors, chrome shops, golf courses.....all employ them.

Just take your big rig through one of the wash places and wonder where all the staff disappeared to while your truck's in one of the bays to then notice the white with green stripe Border Patrol Chevy in the parking lot of the Burger King next door, give a sigh of resignation, go back to reading the four year old issue of Guns and Ammo until the Chevy leaves and all the nearby businesses start back up again. It would be laughable if it weren't so utterly predictable.

It's a freak'n joke reading all this stuff on here with some Americans all upset about them when the whole dang nation is employing them, from New York to Arizona.

Just like your war on drugs being futile, so to will this wall accomplish NOTHING unless you STOP THE DEMAND like any other demand based negative.

You can bust a Canadian septuagenarian retiree's balls at the border by demanding to know his complete financials and submitting him to a 2 hour interrogation and after he proves ownership of property in Canada and a closer connection to that country, still deny him entry because you suspect he "might" desire to be a Walmart greeter in Fort Myers Beach but when it comes to the cheap labour everyone from Trump on down has used; it's: "c'mon over".

NOTHING will change and I don't shive-a-git how high Trump wastes your dollars building that stupid wall.
Yes!

This is worth rereading.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:49 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Just another open border jackass, he doesn't know what the new wall will look like.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
No, a nice roll of barbed wire at the top will not take care of that.

A pair of wire cutters and you're good to go.

If you doubt me, ask your Mensa group about this.
Or heavy blankets thrown on top. Or sheet metal and a light blanket.

Look, I just though of two easy ways to defeat this expensive fence in 10 seconds and I'm not even desperate to get over it.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Yes!

This is worth rereading.

The wall is needed and as a country must take back our border from the cartels. Drugs demand? I see demand going down and tis demand thing is a diversion from defending our borders.

This is not a free trade zone. the US has Laws.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:54 AM

62,980 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

It's a scam.

If we enforce our immigration laws in the interior how would those who employ illegal aliens get to keep them? The point of the wall is to deter any more from coming here. They aren't all looking for jobs either. However, I am for e-verify also. There is no scam in building a good physical barrier that will deter many of them. Once they get in here they are much harder to root out and the ensuing costs to do so.

As for e-verify, the Gang of 8 bill included amnesty, would take 5 years to implement and those already on a payroll would not have to pass it so they'd get off scot free. We need a clean e-verify bill that doesn't include such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies