Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 05:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What do you have to say about neo-nazis screaming "HAIL TRUMP" while giving the nazi salute.
Can you show the video?

Seriously as skeptocratic and I agree that there are extremist, if they are doing this then I would say they are extremist. I have no issue acknowledging it. Now you need to take a good look at how these people are acting. I would think that either side would want to associate with either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 06:00 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't believe it's all liberals, its the extremist or radical liberals, progressives and democrats. I didn't see reports of the right flipping cars or physically attacking liberals but it could be I missed the reporting or it wasn't reported just as the liberal media doesn't report many of the going's on but I'm sure there are extremist on all sides.

The liberal media is acting as agitators and that's important to acknowledge. Then view liberal media with a different lens, you may see it too.

Our country doesn't need this. There are too many Americans hurting financially. There those of us who if we had reason can be part of the solution but as it stands with the extremist many are not going to risk it. Unfortuatly there are people who have no choice like I do, they need every penny they earn and they are really being hurt by all this. The extremist are also hurting the views of what liberalism is all about.
With the media thing, I don't totally agree that the issue is the "liberal" part. There is a liberal bias in much of the media, and for many that's a problem, but I think the more universal problem (since that bias affects liberals less, though it does have a negative affect on them as living in a bubble would anyone) is that it's sensational. This leads it to being disconnected, rushed, and non-impactful.

I was listening to a podcast the other day, because I'm a millennial and I listen to podcasts (and drink craft beer and coffee like a tool), and a journalists from snapchat (that's at thing... I'm a millennial and I genuinely had no idea) was saying the big issue with media right now is that journalism almost can't happen. A fluff piece and a massive investigative journalism may have the same shelf life. From the perspective of business, why invest in big investigative projects if there's no major pay off?

What's more, local cable news and newspapers will spend unnecessary time talking about a plane crash in Yemen or something. That's important, I guess, but if I living in Denver, why do I care what's happening in Yemen. Leave that to CNN; channel 8 in Denver should be telling me about stuff happening in Denver and Colorado and spend less time looking at global and national news. But when they don't, it makes people feel disconnected from politics.

We're having a respectful discourse and I think it's clear we probably disagree on a fair amount of things. But we can reach an agreement in saying the media is doing a crap job right now.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:02 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I was angry during the Obama administration but I didn't go melt down and destroy property like these people are doing. Instead I came up with a solution. My situation and calculations determined that it made no sense to invest more to grow my business. Then I had an aha moment.... life is to short to bust my butt only for so much to be taken away so I'll keep the business going, but I won't invest to grow which means not having to deal with a lot of things, I will go into cruise mode, relax and spend more time with family and friends... enjoy life more and that's what I did.
I too had gripes with Obama. I think he did alright overall though. I too never broke anything when something I didn't like happened.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:03 PM

21 posts, read 8,117 times
Another video elsewhere where the left is burning an American flag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCg3jZaCo9w

We have many people in this country that do not respect and want to undermine this country.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:03 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I do wish these people would stop.

The right wants civil unrest. They want constant fighting. They want to destroy the nation.

And a small minority of those of the left take the bait every single time. It'd be far more effective to simply ignore the right wing extremists. They'd quickly grow tired of trying to get a rise if it wasn't always successful.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
To the people here, you all would probably consider me "left" and I deplore violence, attacking people, damaging property etc.
It is wrong, no matter which side does it. And the people who do it, should be held accountable in courts of law in my opinion.
But then again, don't stereotype so much. You wouldn't appreciate it if I stereotyped the right would you? There are just as many
law abiding, nonviolent citizens who love their country and wants what is best for it on the Democratic side as well as the Republican side.
What is happening is they are so loud and obnoxious it's hard to look past them and that's what they want. Just like a child learns that throwing a hissy fit gets him/her his way.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I do wish these people would stop.

The right wants civil unrest. They want constant fighting. They want to destroy the nation.

And a small minority of those of the left take the bait every single time. It'd be far more effective to simply ignore the right wing extremists. They'd quickly grow tired of trying to get a rise if it wasn't always successful.
^^^ and this is an example of someone who's been listening to way too much main stream media, it's not the moderates left or right, it's the extremist. The media is stoking the extremist and that's what we are seeing. It's seems you bought what they're selling though.

People just want to be able to make a decent living and if elitist keep working for big money nothing will get better for the average American people. We already have too many people who are struggling to make ends meet.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:08 PM

21 posts, read 8,117 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_A82ROGu_w

A masked anti-Trump protester claims he only wants to enter and "listen".

Then why does he have the mask on?

Old 03-05-2017, 06:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
MEanwhile the right folks are shooting people. Telling them to go home, and shooting them with guns.

And the massive violence? Not so much. yes theres probably some. Certainly based on the videos. But we got people shooting others. And they arent the leftists. Not yet.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
MEanwhile the right folks are shooting people. Telling them to go home, and shooting them with guns.

And the massive violence? Not so much. yes theres probably some. Certainly based on the videos. But we got people shooting others. And they arent the leftists. Not yet.
Can you include a link that reports this happening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies