Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:20 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I do wish these people would stop.

The right wants civil unrest. They want constant fighting. They want to destroy the nation.

And a small minority of those of the left take the bait every single time. It'd be far more effective to simply ignore the right wing extremists. They'd quickly grow tired of trying to get a rise if it wasn't always successful.
Sure, and women who are raped are just asking for it.

Wake up! Nearly every supposed hate crime turns out to be a hoax perpetrated by the left. Nearly every protest in California turns violent, and would be everywhere else if our police just sat back and watched it happen like the ones in California. There is evidence that these are paid agitators. It's pretty disgusting, and a huge turnoff to most people. I don't know why anyone would pay for this since it's going to have the opposite effect and push people to the right, and cause Democrats to lose even more seats.

My whole life how much money a candidate had determined who would win. This last election all that was thrown out the window. And why? Because you can spend a billion dollars on a campaign and have all the media on your side, but if you try to strongarm American voters and show contempt for them, they're going to protest in the best place possible, the voting booth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 07:44 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlee81 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0QngkYj4Rg

Official news report. It's clear who is throwing the first punch and who is responding.

The reporter says the Police possibly were concerned for their own safety.
Well then what is the point of having police at all? It is their job to put themselves at risk to stop crime.
If someone gets killed because police stood there and watched I would think there would be a problem. It is not only embarrassing that law enforcement acts like this it puts us at greater risk as criminals get away with violent crimes right on camera. It merely emboldens and encourages them to do more as they get away with it and police look like cucked wimps.
When Reagan was governor of CA he brought in the national guard to deal with tis s***. He was not considered a fascist for that, he later became president winning by a wide margin.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Why are these antifa protesters so afraid to show their face and always wear hoodie and bandannas and always attack en masse. Cowards.

There needs to be the type of anti-masking laws that stopped the klan from hiding behind masks, if I am a cop and see some anarchist in a hoodie and bandanna, you know he is about to loot or vandalize or commit a crime of some sort
In many places there is already a law against covering ones face, laws that were put in place to deal with the KKK. They just need to be enforced...

Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
There may come a time when there is guilt by association going on. Oh wait, we already see a lot of that here on this board or accusations of it.

That said, there are so many slices of what is apparently called 'the left', 'leftist', liberal, etc. that no one knows any more what bit of the spectrum anyone is on any more, or what they support/tolerate or won't support/tolerate. And just being an admitted Democrat doesn't tell us anything any more either. I have no idea what that stands for any more.

So .. you are one of the 'I don't support 'genocide' leftists' then I guess. What DO you support?
I support political discourse. I feel we're at a point where we need to change how we do politics (which incidentally is actually a reactionary viewpoint, as I think we used to do it just fine) before we can truly do anything else.

For other issues, I support people's freedom of speech, privacy, and believe the government should subsidize basic social utility, like healthcare.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlee81 View Post
No the two isolated incidents are not unimportant, but you are comparing apples to oranges.

What is shown in the video is a consistent behavior among a group of people in different locations across the country on the same day. They are not "hiding in the crowd" as normal adults would listening to the speech. They all have masks on to hide their identity as a terrorist would.

This doesn't mean that all Democrats present with this behavior. It does mean that a significant proportion of them do.

All of them start with a Pro-Trump speaker stating things positively about Trump publicly only to be met with shouts of obscenities from a group of people wearing masks. Eventually the Trump supporters are the recipients of physical aggression that equivocates to charges of Assault and Battery, which some of them I'm sure will be charged with.

As for the idealistic ideations of the Democrat party, we can see how well it's worked as we see the problems of our nation today weaker than ever burdened with a 20 Trillion Dollar national debt.

It doesn't work. Yes you and others can look at Sweden to see the problems of unregulated immigration. I could go all day to demonstrate the flaws, but one only has to look at the condition of this country to see how the Democratic philosophy does not work.
I feel like you just really wanted to disagree and that motivated nearly all of what you said.

How much is a significant portion? That's a serious question.

As for the nation being weak, that's not entirely accurate. 20 trillion is debt does little to me. For many people, a total repeat of Obamacare will be far more disastrous for them than Obamacare ever was. You might want to see it gone, but you aren't the country.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So......you're only for warranted violence. Take a side.
Yes, I'm only for warranted violence. Self defense. Political revolution (things are not anywhere near there yet, and hopefully own't come to it). Some wars are necessary. So yes, I support justifiable violence as being the necessary evil it is.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I believe this is just a segment of the left, the ones being paid to do this. What bothers me is that there are big money donors supporting Democrats who would pay for this violent chaos. The average Democrat voter is a nice person, but when your leadership wants this to happen I cannot support them.
Both parties are funded by massive corporations. This isn't a Democrat/Republican issue. Republicans are to deny climate change at all because who's funding them benefits from that. Meanwhile, Democrats support it but aren't necessarily using a scientific argument to back their claims, all the while saying it's scientific, for much the same reason.

In my mind, you either want honest politics are you don't. If it's an issue of the Democrats do it so it's bad, you don't want honest politics; period.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:01 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
The sad part is, most of the MSM isn't reporting on it, and if they are, they're making it seem like the Trump supporters are the ones causing the division, but you can clearly see the liberals starting the violence.

What's weirder is that Antifa keeps saying they're fighting for blacks and gays, yet, are attacking black and gay Trump supporters...

Old 03-06-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmmm...I saw the violence initiated by the left but not the right.

Am I missing something?

Trump Supporters Beaten and Bloodied in Berkeley | LifeZette
I don't think you're missing something. I think you're injecting additional things because, I'm gathering, to you, anyone who doesn't flat say "all liberal are evil" is saying "I'm a liberal."

I oppose unwarranted violence, regardless of political motivation. And actually, same with apolitical motivations. Unjust violence is unjust (hence the name...).

Old 03-06-2017, 08:13 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,177,836 times
Lol.

You let me know when one of these "violent, liberal thugs" go into a church or mosque and kill a bunch of people, because of their skin color or religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies