Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:15 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times

Advertisements

Almost no one agrees on what it is to be American.

AP-NORC POLL: DIVIDED AMERICANS FRET COUNTRY LOSING IDENTITY

"If you lose your identity," Lawrence said, "What are we? We're not a country anymore."

I'm actually disappointed it wasn't higher. You people disappoint me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 09:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times
Well duh... Got boys thinking they're girls. Girls thinking they're boys... Or "identifying" as something else...

Know what makes America great?
Guns
Fireworks
Trucks
Beer
Bikinis
Quads dirtbikes jetskis snowmobiles boats Harleys
Beaches
Back roads
Mountains
Race cars (be it drag racing, dirt oval, asphalt oval, auto cross, road courses whatever)
Building stuff
Bon Fires
Fishing
Hunting
Growing crops
BBQs
(All things fun and great that most libs despise for it may offend, objectify, harm the environment, or pose a risk to someones health/life for we should all live in sterile safe bubbles)

I feel bad for people stuck in cities and the city mentality... Theres a whole lot to America outside of grabbing a hot dog at 2am, overpriced night clubs, congested road ways, nowhere to park a car or pay an arm and a leg for parking. If thats your idea of living or fun. You haven't lived or had fun yet.

Get you some ear phones an mp3 player download you some jams, find a helmet buy a dirtbike. Buy a truck. Fill it with guns ammo beer fire works pallets. Mount 2 American flags in the bed. Jump a 90 foot triple, take the win in a race car spend sleepless nights building something only stopping to shower change and go to work. Get a Banshee rip through trails in a blur. Or stud the tires and rip across a frozen lake. Throw sand paddle tires and launch it in the dunes. Build a sled rip up a trail and a mountain. Swap the suspension and track and race across a frozen lake. Do donuts and burnouts with your truck on some back roads. Get a Harley. Punch it out, swap the cams ditch the silent mufflers for some pipes. Have a bon fire. Shoot some bottle rockets mortars set off a block buster some fire crackers.
Buy a snowboard rip down a mountain. Get a tow strap have your buddies tow you around an unplowed parking lot on that snowboard or even a sled.
Buy an old muscle car throw some headers to glasspacks and a big honkin cam with a 4 barrel.

Shoot a deer. Some ducks and turkey or wild hogs.
Throw a BBQ slam a beer or 2.
Thats the America I lived in. Not one sheltered from a good time...

Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlovesme1986 View Post
And 9 out of 10 think our president needs to be in a straight jacket
And yet he still won. What does that say about Hillary?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:23 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Well duh... Got boys thinking they're girls. Girls thinking they're boys... Or "identifying" as something else...

Guns
Fireworks
Trucks
Beer
Bikinis
Beaches
Back roads
Mountains
Race cars (be it drag racing, dirt oval, asphalt oval, auto cross, road courses whatever)
Building stuff
Bon Fires
Fishing
Hunting
Growing crops
BBQs
(All things fun and great that most libs despise for it may offend, objectify, harm the environment, or pose a risk to someones health/life for we should all live in sterile safe bubbles)

I feel bad for people stuck in cities and the city mentality... Theres a whole lot to America outside of grabbing a hot dog at 2am, overpriced night clubs, congested road ways, nowhere to park a car or pay an arm and a leg for parking. If thats your idea of living or fun. You haven't lived or had fun yet.

Get you some ear phones an mp3 player download you some jams, find a helmet buy a dirtbike. Buy a truck. Fill it with guns ammo beer fire works pallets. Mount 2 American flags in the bed. Jump a 90 foot triple, take the win in a race car spend sleepless nights building something only stopping to shower change and go to work. Get a Banshee rip through trails in a blur. Or stud the tires and rip across a frozen lake. Throw sand paddle tires and launch it in the dunes. Build a sled rip up a trail and a mountain. Swap the suspension and track and race across a frozen lake. Do donuts and burnouts with your truck on some back roads. Get a Harley. Punch it out, swap the cams ditch the silent mufflers for some pipes. Have a bon fire. Shoot some bottle rockets mortars set off a block buster some fire crackers.
Buy a snowboard rip down a mountain. Get a tow strap have your buddies tow you around an unplowed parking lot on that snowboard or even a sled.
Buy an old muscle car throw some headers to glasspacks and a big honkin cam with a 4 barrel.

Shoot a deer. Some ducks and turkey or wild hogs.
Throw a BBQ slam a beer or 2.
Thats the America I lived in. Not one sheltered from a good time...
You sound like one bad ass mfger! Wanna hang out some time and shoot guns at random crap in the yard then shotgunn a couple beer? I got a 50cc dirt bike we can crash over and over it won't die!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
So glad that's your bubble and not mine

Old 03-05-2017, 10:39 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
"America is a business, not a country."

Truer words have not been spoken.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:

Guns
Fireworks
Trucks
Beer
Bikinis
Beaches
Back roads
Mountains
Building stuff
Bon Fires
Fishing
Hunting
Growing crops
BBQs

I feel bad for people stuck in cities and the city mentality... Theres a whole lot to America outside of grabbing a hot dog at 2am, overpriced night clubs, congested road ways, nowhere to park a car or pay an arm and a leg for parking. If thats your idea of living or fun. You haven't lived or had fun yet..
Not only that. I live close enough to but far enough away from the city but I do try to avoid going there.

I had to go to the city the other day and my god, no wonder liberals are so uptight. Once in the city it was bumper to bumper traffic jam. Can you imagine 5 days a week fighting the bumper to bumper traffic going into work and coming home? Take an 8 hour day, tack on travel time to and from work, sitting there stuck in traffic when all you want to do is get home. Oh hell no. No damn wonder liberals are so uptight.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,169,525 times
Quote:

Guns
Fireworks
Trucks
Beer
Bikinis
Beaches
Back roads
Mountains
Building stuff
Bon Fires
Fishing
Hunting
Growing crops
BBQs

All fun, but you're forgetting:

-art festivals & shows
-concerts/music festivals
-baseball games, football games, basketball games, hockey games, soccer games (all with aforementioned hotdogs and beer, plus nachos)
-car shows
-museums
-theatre performances
-bars & breweries
-clubs
-going to parks
-golfing
-automobile races (legal and illegal )
-plain old people watching
-community events
-chatting with neighbors
-zoos/aquariums
-tourist attractions
-a *huge* variety of food/going out to eat
-watching a movie at the theatres (despite Netflix/Amazon prime/etc, people still do it)
-runs/walks/5Ks/10Ks/marathons/etc
-parades & holiday festivals
-city tours, architecture tours, etc
-****, anything you can think of that won't cause bodily or property harm

There's a whole lot to America outside of running around on a farm, shooting guns, drinking beer and grilling food. If that's you're idea of having fun, you haven't lived or had fun yet.

Nah, just kidding, I enjoy those things too. But your way isn't the only way. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not only that. I live close enough to but far enough away from the city but I do try to avoid going there.

I had to go to the city the other day and my god, no wonder liberals are so uptight. Once in the city it was bumper to bumper traffic jam. Can you imagine 5 days a week fighting the bumper to bumper traffic going into work and coming home? Take an 8 hour day, tack on travel time to and from work, sitting there stuck in traffic when all you want to do is get home. Oh hell no. No damn wonder liberals are so uptight.
News flash: in a big city you don't need a car!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Putin stole my identity.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:58 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
Well of course. The Dems have flooded this country with people who don't understand it, don't neccesarily love it or even like it, sometimes don't even want to be here and often want to make it more like the places they come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies