Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 07:35 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You're okay with local businesses going bankrupt so the president can vacation at his leisure?"

All of a sudden the left is concerned about "small businesses!"

Oh, the FAKE outrage!
So I guess that was a "yes" to the question of you being cool with forcing local businesses out of operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Where have you been all these years?
... Running a small business to directly fund my hobbies and vacationing habits

Salary job for the bills and longterm savings. Small business to cover the emergencies and fun stuff. Having money is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The Government Accountability Office has requested an investigation into the costs associated with these Mar-a-Lago trips and all the security involved. They agree there is excessive expense and want to rein him in. They also want proof that Trump has done what he's promised when he said he would donate all the money his hotels are making from foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest.

Government Accountability Office to Examine Cost, Security of Trump Florida Trips - NBC News
Trump will probably try to fire them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This is one thing that I am not happy with at all. The weekend trips to Florida on the taxpayer's money has to stop. I didn't realize the impact on local businesses. I agree something has to be done about this. It is absolutely ridiculous.

They are not as lucky as trump.they can not raise their prices one hundred thousand dollars to recoup their loss's.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:43 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Trump’s nonstop vacations to Mar-A-Lago in South Florida are not only costing taxpayers big time, but they’re also costing tons of money for local businesses that have to shut down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jn6I9TiH6Yc

IOW, 'America First' is really 'Me First'!

Old 03-29-2017, 07:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's about time.

I really don't get why people don't see that this is a huge problem.

It's not like he's Bush Jr and visiting a secluded ranch on ACRES of land. He's right there, in the thick of it, shutting down highways every weekend going and coming.

It's incredibly rude.

Leopard can't change its spots.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:48 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Does anyone have a list of who these officials are and more specifics? I am not familiar with the man speaking in the video clip, but "officials" and no real specifics seems to be lacking, of course that is "par for the course" with libs.

So, which cities and officials are being referred to here? I got bored listening to the man in the clip as he didn't seem particularly, well, intelligent.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Once again, empty headed liberals give heed to a handful of equally empty headed whiners and bellyachers, and their whole world crashes. Someone complains and it's a deal breaker.

Liberals: Deal with it. Your ugly schtick is boring and just plain stupid, and it's not going to help you win.
So you don't actually care about people losing their jobs and livelihoods.

Why am I not surprised?

Old 03-29-2017, 08:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Does anyone have a list of who these officials are and more specifics? I am not familiar with the man speaking in the video clip, but "officials" and no real specifics seems to be lacking, of course that is "par for the course" with libs.

So, which cities and officials are being referred to here? I got bored listening to the man in the clip as he didn't seem particularly, well, intelligent.
Is your Google broken?

I am not surprised that they didn't name anyone - it would be just like 45's acolytes to start harassing these poor people for daring to speak out about their idol's deleterious behavior.

I've seen reference to the assistant county commissioner for Palm Beach, the sheriff's department and several others.

Surely you can find more specific information is it is that important to you.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you don't actually care about people losing their jobs and livelihoods.

Why am I not surprised?
And this is yet another hypocritical move by Trump. He claimed to care about American jobs in his campaign, about how he would create bring in thousands of jobs, blah, blah, blah, but he's actually eliminating jobs. He fired a lot of his staff because they were guilty of the crime of working under Obama. That's typical, except he never rehired employees for most of these positions. He enacted a hiring freeze on federal jobs. He is threatening the livelihoods of the people who earn their living in Palm Beach with these frequent vacations. He and Ivanka even use Chinese materials for their goods. And where is that wall and the thousands of workers he was going to hire for it?

Old 03-29-2017, 08:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Here are a couple of links for your perusing pleasure. Enjoy~

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department and Fire Rescue have spent about $70,000 in overtime and more than $1.7 million to date

Business owners at the airport say they’re losing as much as a combined $15,000 a day every weekend when the president visits Mar-a-Lago.

economic toll now includes at least one flight training contract worth $400,000 being lost as the contractor relocated the operation to an airport in Alabama

Stellar Aviation, Lantana Airport’s FBO, has been taking its biggest financial hit in lost fuel sales

Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,261,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Found a couple of other dates missed in other years, but this schedule seems to be far more spread out in comparison to Trump's visits to Mar-A-Lago. I completely get why people would be upset about it in general, but these dates are a couple of months apart. Not a couple of days apart.
Actually, Obama visited Los Angeles way more than that during his two terms in office. Counting brief layovers for his jaunts to Asia, Hawaiʻi, and other parts of California, he was in Los Angeles about once every three months. Here links to lists of his "official" presidential trips from 2009 through 2016...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2013
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2014
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ma_during_2016

As for Trump, he has yet to venture west of Tennessee since getting elected...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Donald_Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies