Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 03:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The "failure" here is the failure to see the big picture about Planned Parenthood: Its historic core services are birth control and abortion, but it also provides everyday health services - gyno exams, cancer screenings, any treatments necessary - to uninsured women, underinsured women, and women on Medicaid.

Conservatives don't want to hear that, nor do they want to support the children that are born because abortions aren't available and birth control isn't accessible. They are not pro-life; they're just pro-pregnancy.

Why is Burger King called Burger King when it serves chicken?

Because it's what you do when you're a member of a society. If you don't like it, then go live elsewhere.

And I'd be willing to bet that every single one of those clinics are stretched to the max and underfunded. How would eliminating 25 percent of them provide better service to their patients?
I suggest you donate or volunteer. That is what i do with my pet charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 03:51 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. 5/22 isn't 60%, or even close to it.
The 17 non-PP publicly-funded FP Clinics listed are within a 10 mile radius, with plenty of public transportation available.

Good grief! You all will defend a white supremacist eugenicist organization at all costs, including that of your own integrity. /SMH
My mistake on the 60 %. How do you know about clinic capacity and if they will accept low income and how do you know if there is mass transit to those facilities that may be 20 miles away. How about those areas like Idaho that have two facilities in some areas. What is the point, to make it as difficult as possible on these low income recipients because of ideology.

I am going to go with the medical associations on this one that say this is a terrible idea. It will be interesting to see if Trump signs the bill since he made a promise of access to health care.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:58 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
This rule is less than 8 years old. Don't see how it can be that disasterous to return back a whole 8 years.
Actually Title X was passed in 1970 by the Nixon administration with overwhelming support from both parties. Obama was just trying to protect poor people from the nutty right wing that decided they need to punish poor people from using a clinic because they hated the name.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:59 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually Title X was passed in 1970 by the Nixon administration with overwhelming support from both parties. Obama was just trying to protect poor people from the nutty right wing that decided they need to punish poor people from using a clinic because they hated the name.
I suggest Planned Parenthood stop providing abortions. I mean it is only 3% of their services. Seems pretty stupid to keep providing them when it means the loss of federal funds.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,167 times
[quote=nononsenseguy;47715288]Ever hear of adoption? You don't have the right to tell others whether they should or shouldn't have children. Would you like the USA to have a policy like China? Or wold you rather live free?

Besides, financial difficulties are usually temporary

Adoption is a solution for real children. It was never intended to keep a poor woman pregnant, so her offspring goes somewhere to live. That's inappropriate towards the potential child.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Is everyone missing the point? It will be up to the states!!
So, Mediaid won't pay for any service at PP anymore?

Old 04-02-2017, 04:43 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You can't tell the difference between me saying it's not my job to guarantee quality of life -and- caring about others?

Let me put it this way... you will say you care about women's rights, yet you have no problem killing a female child in the womb and her right to life.

I'm not the one with the problem.

its a fetus. not a child..........

Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Grasping for strings going from enabling poor choices, throwing personal responsibility for ones actions out of the window, defending frivolous behavior, to mens fault for no birth control, to rape. What's next?

Do you have any daughters?

Old 04-02-2017, 04:51 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And I'd be willing to bet that every single one of those clinics are stretched to the max and underfunded. How would eliminating 25 percent of them provide better service to their patients?
By funding legitimate FP and Women's Health Clinics instead of funding a white supremacist eugenicist organization. PP specifically targets Black and Hispanic women for abortion. They are 5 times and 2 times more likely to have an abortion, respectively, than white women according to the CDC.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:00 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
By funding legitimate FP and Women's Health Clinics instead of funding a white supremacist eugenicist organization. PP specifically targets Black and Hispanic women for abortion. They are 5 times and 2 times more likely to have an abortion, respectively, than white women according to the CDC.
Idiotic hyperbole aside, how do you figure Planned Parenthood is not a legitimate women's health clinic? Have you ever been a patient there? Does it not provide family planning and health services and treatment for women (and men!)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies