Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 03:05 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's a discussion I'm willing to have, but not here.
I can sleep better at night knowing you won't discuss this here. Huge news for me.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
I identify as black like Rachel Dolezal today, so I'm ready to talk.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I identify as black like Rachel Dolezal today, so I'm ready to talk.
About what? Hell, it ain't like anyone is breaking bread with her either.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 04-09-2017 at 05:34 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 05:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I was inspired by a few female posters in my last thread (still active, check it out)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-looking-input.

Black women are our mothers aunts, grandmothers, sisters, cousins, daughters, and [in some cases]our friends. That said, often we don't see [many] black men PUBLICALLY advocating for black women's issues they way that they've campaigned for us in the past.

Now let me say, that not every black woman has our best interests out there, that said, I would like to see more unity within the community and a big part of that raising awareness to the black women out there who are also victims of the same shootings that black men are (even if possibly to a lesser degree).

Do you think that there is a lot of self-hatred among black men that's been swept under a rug for too long?

What do you that we as black men can do to better advocate for black women? How can we work to eliminate misogyny?

How do we advocate for OURSELVES without neglecting the hardships of women?
Many of the problems on the "Black world" were also a BIG problem with people of Irish family. It's up to the dudes to step up and, many Black men ARE doing the right things. Just their kind DON'T seem to exist according to the MSM.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:41 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
This reminds me of when Farrakhan was leading the pledge at the 1MMM, he asked the men gathered to repeat... "...I will never use children again..."

It was accusatory to the whole when the problem is not all, but a infinitesimal minority.

I also agree with DesertDetroiter that this is not the place to discuss such things.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:27 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Do you think that there is a lot of self-hatred among black men that's been swept under a rug for too long?
I hope not. I don't know many black men, but the black men I know are all hard working, productive members of the society. They are handsome, honest, hard working, intelligent, they have no reasons to hate themselves.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:34 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
My guess is there are more white men posing as black men here than there are black men.
Wow, that's a weird statement. Why do you think they would do that?

Anyways, I do hope more men advocate for women, it can only lead to a good outcome. I think there is a macho stereotype going around that's difficult to break but I've seen a lot of it disappearing lately.

I do hope people just have good conversation, and not go overboard and start adding to the already huge divide we have going on in our country.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:38 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,197 times
Why is this in the politics section......?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:44 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
I was inspired by a few female posters in my last thread (still active, check it out)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-looking-input.

Black women are our mothers aunts, grandmothers, sisters, cousins, daughters, and [in some cases]our friends. That said, often we don't see [many] black men PUBLICALLY advocating for black women's issues they way that they've campaigned for us in the past.

Now let me say, that not every black woman has our best interests out there, that said, I would like to see more unity within the community and a big part of that raising awareness to the black women out there who are also victims of the same shootings that black men are (even if possibly to a lesser degree).

What do you that we as black men can do to better advocate for black women? How can we work to eliminate misogyny?

How do we advocate for OURSELVES without neglecting the hardships of women?
Collectively they can fight their own battles.

Loyalty is something I only owe to the people that I know. My mother, aunts, female friends and cousins will continue to receive my unwavering support.

The rest? You're on your own.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:45 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Collectively they can fight their own battles.

Loyalty is something I only owe to the people that I know. My mother, aunts, female friends and cousins will continue to receive my unwavering support.

The rest? You're on your own.
Many (if not most) black American women are in deep denial about how many black American men hold this mentality. The sooner black women TRULY understand this the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies