Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 01:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Has it fixed their problem? Are the white women feminists all happy and satisfied with white men now?

Or is the name of our game supposed to be, "White people have already done those things, so let's do them, too?"
I think you are the one obsessed with what white people think of you and/or black people since you are the ones asking about "white people" and caring about what they have done.

I honestly don't care but I do know that there are a lot of groups created by white people that speak to what you stated above.

In regards to fixing problems, no societal problems IMO are 100% fixed in society, but in regards to improvement - yes, it has improved the way white women are treated in society by white men and in general, as stated white men don't have whole internet channels or hang out with their friends and consistently denigrate "white women" on a daily basis and compare them to black, Asian, or Latina women and basically b**ch about how horrible they are. So I'd think it "worked" in that regard.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM

I'll also note, as I did on the other thread that oftentimes when issues of gender is brought up, many black men will bring up some sort of "race" diversion tactic.

Why would I care about what white people do if, for one, I was speaking about all men, and two, the only thing I mentioned specifically about black men was that they denigrate black women. That is also something that was mentioned consistently in the thread by black women posters.

Are you Ralph - in support black men denigrating black women by comparing us to women they see as "better" like whites, Asians, and Latinas? Are you in support of black men ignoring when their friends harrass black women, sometimes aggressively (black women have been killed BTW) on the street, in stores, restaurants, gas stations, or just out in public in general. Or are you just going to blame all this on black women and white people?

Do you think there should be no steps taken by concerned black women to protect ourselves or address these issues within the greater "black community?"

Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 PM

209 posts, read 220,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

What do you think you're going to do to people making comments on YouTube? If you're being told you can suppress their rights to free speech, your pockets are being picked.
We plan to primarily focus on the content creators who have their own youtube channels and thousands of subscribers. They will soon come to realize that their freedom of speech is limited when they engage in targeted hate speech against black women.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think it depends on the individual.

People who get hurt in the past tend to be more, well... Jaded. There are so many men on relationship forum moaning and complaining about American women, (including white women)

For example, I know several white males love the mail order brides from Asian countries. They all say Asian women are the best, blah blah. I am not saying they are undesirable men, I am saying their judgement might be a little bit more clouded. Some people just don't take rejection well.

I have always been curious about black men when I was single. It has nothing to do with stereotype I must say, I just think their skin color is amazingly beautiful and I am more attracted to the male athlete or the military type. I've never really dated a black guy but I always found many attractive.

My brother likes black ladies, but he really does not have any "preference". He found them beautiful.

Like I said earlier, I don't know many black men, but the black men I know never looked down on me. So I don't really know.. Like I said earlier, I would suggest that it is far more about local culture than about race in the US; and this is especially true amongst some of the younger generation.
Not to be rude, but they would not look down on you for the most part because you are not a black woman. You would be the pedestal us black women should reach for.

If you were a black woman, you would have already had someone in your life denigrate you for being a black female by the time you were 10 years old. You would have heard a male family member or family friend say something negative about "black women/black girls" that would have affected you.

I think you don't understand this whole conversation because you are not a black woman and are not constantly berated and being accused of being a certain negative way or being told you don't know how to "keep a man" by both black men and black women. It is a stupid mindset, but it is one that is common IMO nationwide amongst black people in America.

I remember you saying someone in your family is marrying a black man. I bet his black male friends have said something negative about black women and him being lucky to not have to deal with a black woman for a wife. I know this because I have heard my own family members say it to other family members who marry non-black women. They also frequently "joke" about what cousins/uncles who are married to white woman can "get away with" because they have a white woman. All this serves to tell a black woman they are less than others and also pits women in general against each other and shows how much more of a positive view that black men have of non-black women.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:55 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I remember you saying someone in your family is marrying a black man. I bet his black male friends have said something negative about black women and him being lucky to not have to deal with a black woman for a wife. I know this because I have heard my own family members say it to other family members who marry non-black women. They also frequently "joke" about what cousins/uncles who are married to white woman can "get away with" because they have a white woman. All this serves to tell a black woman they are less than others and also pits women in general against each other and shows how much more of a positive view that black men have of non-black women.

The point is that SOME men would disrespect women of their own race; such men will not show much respect towards women in general. When you hear men bragging about their mail order brides wives (from East European Latin America, or Asian countries), pay attention to the language they use, "These women are the best, they know how to take care of their men and are not as bi*chy and demanding as American women.. blah blah." Honestly speaking, women have to have mental illness to find such males attractive!

My future brother-in-law is a black man, he dated many black women in the past. He just happened to fall in love with my sister who happened to be non-black.

My next door neighbors (black husband white wife) have a biracial son who went to west point. He dates women of all racial backgrounds. I've never heard him or his dad talking down on black women, believe me, I am very close to their family. I remember I asked my neighbor once, "Have you ever dated any black ladies?" He said, "Of course I have." I then asked, "well, you think white women are better than black women?" He basically just told me, he has no racial preference when it comes to dating. His wife doesn't mind questions like this, by the way. I believe him because my brother is exactly the same way. He finds many women attractive, including many black women.

This said, my dad has always told me when you choose a boyfriend, you need to find out how he treats OTHER people. If he treats everybody with respect, then it is safe to say he is a good man. I agree.

I don't date any men who refuse to date women of their own race. To me, such men are jaded and have issues. But if a man happened to fall in love with a girl outside his own race, I won't automatically assume he hates women of his own race.

Do I think some black men disrespect black women? sure, such men exist, no doubt about it. I doubt such men really respect women in general. So women of all races should avoid such men at all cost.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-11-2017 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 02:18 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

In the circles I run in...and the online places I frequent (not this place...lol) black men dating out their race, but specifically white women, are sometimes labeled c00ns. Or at the very least, people kind of look at them like "be careful bro". See, this is a good example, just how vastly different our experiences can be. Black people are not a monolith and we can both 100% truthfully pull from our experiences and still have different opinions and views. While you talk about how it can make a black woman feel to see a black man with a non-black woman...on the flipside a black woman is sometimes seen as leveling up if she's dating of the race as well. There are full blown websites and youtube channels dedicated to swirling. If I were to base my entire rational on this internet stuff and not what I see in reality, I'd be a lot more combative. And as I said before the reality is interracial dating amongst blacks is extremely low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQnvL2ve41E

Beyond Black & White - Chronicles, Musings and Debates about Interracial & Intercultural Relationships

Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I would say that interracial dating in general is still pretty rare. People (well, most) still date those whom they feel familiar with. White dates white, black dates black, etc.

This said, I understand the point op is trying to make. What can I personally do? well, brag about my future brother-inlaw I guess LOL tell people he is one good man. But clear thinking adults already know that, people who treat everybody as an individual will not judge him because of the color of his skin.

well, People will always speculate and judge my sister's relationship. Such is life and no need to pay attention to such people.

My sis once told me, the previous marriage felt like a combat experience. This time around, screw others' opinion, she just wants to be happy. Well, isn't that the right attitude?

Old 04-11-2017, 02:53 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Do you read the negromanosphere? I commentate on that platform sometimes. My comments have already caused me to get in trouble with my employer.

Black women and Black men are bitterly divided. Tommy Sotomayor, Ohsay Jackson, Obsidian, Angryman, BGS Ibmor, and even white personalities like Tom Lykis and Freedomain Radio talk about black women. Much of anger is expressed in the MGTOW MRA movement. Just recently some black women forced YouTube and google to take down YouTube videos because of hateful comments and themes that had ad revenue on it. This is clearly a violation of free speech.

Don't get me wrong. Their are plenty of good black women out there, and I mean plenty. Black women are just caught up with the wrong guys. The good black men are either went to the military, went away to college and never returned home. Than you have good black men in the community who do not associate with debauchery. The black men that I described tend to be a bit more on the conservative side of the spectrum. Then you have the educated black women. The woman with 2 or 3 degrees, the woman with 100k debt, the woman living in some hip neighborhood in NYC or Atlanta. those type of women don't want anything to do with black men. Especially since most black men are not in their level. Black America is deeply divided. White America is also divided, I suggest you should read Charles Maury Coming Apart, the decline of white America.

I don't think their is self hatred, but their is too much pride, and this pride clashes with other peoples pride. A black woman who's educated prides herself with being educated and like minded people, and can be snobbish to those under her. And those who are above her can and will hate her because they view her as a sellout. Which to a certain degree is true.

Same way how people say, if you do the crime, you do the time. Same applies to women. If you sleep with the guy and got pregnant and no marriage, if you went to that school and you owe 200k in tuition. Those are their responsibilities, and their are going to have to fix them. A good man outside of a woman's realm cant fix anything. A woman has to fix that on her own regardless of race. However these common themes are very prevalent in the black American community. Even though I'm not African American, I do see them a lot in my area.
I agree 100%

Old 04-11-2017, 04:45 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,752 times
This is interesting - do you have a link/website where I would be able to look up more information regarding the Black Woman's Anti Defamation Project?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I don't invest time ingesting lies about myself, but I most certainly do work towards creating positive change (which is why I decided to join in with other black women on social media to create the Black Woman's Anti Defamation Project). I don't want young impressionable black girls logging on to social media seeing such hateful, derogatory statements.

You may believe that it's best to simply ignore them, but their presence has substantially grown. What is currently happening is, more and more men are joining in to bash and attempt to humiliate black women, because they view black American women (in particular) as a largely unprotected group. When these males come for us, we are going to come for them LEGALLY.

There are a few black women attorneys who will serve as board of directors for the organization. Currently, the founders are in the process of collecting over 1,500 online signatures and statements from black women and girls about the constant online harassment and abuse.

We are about ACTION!

Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,822 times
Default You're in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Any discussion about the relationship between the black man and the black woman would be dishonest to not acknowledge the role that colorism/featurism and misogyny play.

In my world, most of the black people around me (black women and black men) are marrying non-blacks. Seeing a young (under age 40-50) black couple is unicorn RARE in my neck of the woods.

You've said the exact same thing a good girl friend of mine says and she lives in the Bay Area/SF (born and raised). She said that even her non-Blacks friends and colleagues have pointed it out and asked her why do BM date everything and everybody except a BW? She put the age of Black on Black couples at those age 60+ years and older. Younger than that she said is very rare to see a Black couple and that regardless of how beautiful, educated, soft-spoken, economic status, or small (not overweight/obese) the BW are in that area, they're SINGLE because BM will not date them but openly pursue "other" women for relationships.
According to her "even the broke down, busted BM with nothing to offer have the same mentality as the wealthy, highly educated BM when it comes to dating/mating".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies