Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 AM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I've noticed that a number of black guys don't seem to have a problem with referring to black women as "black b&%ches," "hos," "thots," "ankles," "skanks," "c&!ts," "hair hatted hooligan," "BT-100s," or by other very derogatory and misogynistic terms on facebook, twitter, youtube, snap chat and in un-moderated public forums. More often than not, the vitriol is unwarranted and unprovoked.

To better address this issue, a number of black women have decided to form our own anti-defamation organization, to legally protect ourselves from those who seek to destroy us.
Now, you realize that if a white person came on the other thread where black people are discussing the problems of being black and expressed the same opinion "a number of white people have decided to form our own anti-defamation organization, to legally protect ourselves from those who seek to destroy us," that comment would not be regarded as helpful.

You realize that, right? Do you think it's helpful here?

Old 04-11-2017, 11:37 AM

209 posts, read 220,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
They need to stop it. It is ridiculous and embarrassing and they look stupid. For example, calling black women "nappy headed" when they have the same hair texture growing out of their own scalps. Remember that whole Imus scandal? D.L. Hughely had the audacity to go on national tv and say that he agreed that those girls were "nappy headed" when his head looks like a sheep's a**. Is he serious? LOL They criticize black women for having the same features they have. That sounds like self hate IN MY OPINION."
Much of it is self hate and it's now totally out of control, hence the need for the creation of the black woman's anti-defamation project. Thus far, we have raised $ 6,755 dollars and will probably reach our goal of 10K by Sunday of next week.

Quote:
There are plenty of non-black men who date outside of their races but, do you see them on youtube, instagram, and twitter degrading their women and declaring their hate for them? Nope. Even if they don't care for dating their women, they still have enough decency and respect to publicly shame those women.
I concur, you don't see these other races of men verbally abusing and harassing the women of their own race (collectively) online.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
The strategy that you are attempting to employ is one of deflection. Instead of simply acknowledging that you may be out of the loop, you're actually telling me that it's women who call ourselves "thots." Do you know what a thot is? It essentially means "that ho over there." This language was created by black males to demean black women.

Also, it is not mere locker room talk when a number of black men all over social media are using those derogatory terms to primarily describe black women.

Surely, I'm not the only one stating this:
Why do you invest time ingesting lies about yourself?

There are hundreds of thousands of anti-black racist YouTube videos...do you invest your life moments ingesting those? I certainly don't.

Why would you? I try to invest my life moments in things that bring life, not in lies about me.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I do hear white men talk about women in general...they may not mention race, because they are talking about white women the same way "all lives matter" means white. I have also heard dudes that were italian talk about italian women, asian men talk about asian women, irish men talk about irish women. Everybody does it. It comes off as a specific black male problem the way SOME black women portray it. And on the flip side i've heard black women say bad stuff about black men. And honestly, it's just venting in my opinion. It's expected and some times it is a round about way of getting things off your chest. I mean, if some dude's girl cheats on him and he calls her a "h0e"...is he talking about all black women? If a black man cheats on a black woman and she calls black men dogs in that moments can she just be venting and it not be some declaration of war?

And, the "i like nerdy guys" thing...is extremely new in the black community. I'm 35 I know this wasn't a thing until maybe as recently as like 5 years ago. This wasn't a thing for the longest. LOL. And I know of the dudes alot of black women have chosen based on what i see and the fact that the vast majority of my female family members are single mothers all from the same type of thugged out bum dudes. Black for the most part aren't picking mr. stability, they are picking mr. excitement.
This is true.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Why do you invest time ingesting lies about yourself?

There are hundreds of thousands of anti-black racist YouTube videos...do you invest your life moments ingesting those? I certainly don't.

Why would you? I try to invest my life moments in things that bring life, not in lies about me.
I don't invest time ingesting lies about myself, but I most certainly do work towards creating positive change (which is why I decided to join in with other black women on social media to create the Black Woman's Anti Defamation Project). I don't want young impressionable black girls logging on to social media seeing such hateful, derogatory statements.

You may believe that it's best to simply ignore them, but their presence has substantially grown. What is currently happening is, more and more men are joining in to bash and attempt to humiliate black women, because they view black American women (in particular) as a largely unprotected group. When these males come for us, we are going to come for them LEGALLY.

There are a few black women attorneys who will serve as board of directors for the organization. Currently, the founders are in the process of collecting over 1,500 online signatures and statements from black women and girls about the constant online harassment and abuse.

We are about ACTION!

Old 04-11-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Now, you realize that if a white person came on the other thread where black people are discussing the problems of being black and expressed the same opinion "a number of white people have decided to form our own anti-defamation organization, to legally protect ourselves from those who seek to destroy us," that comment would not be regarded as helpful.

What is not helpful is your attempt to minimize this issue, by injecting race into the discussion, when clearly this is about protecting the rights of black women and girls.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
When these males come for us, we are going to come for them LEGALLY.

That sounds just like what I see in conservative gun forums. I know what they mean by it. What do you mean by "when they come for us?"

Quote:
There are a few black women attorneys who will serve as board of directors for the organization. Currently, the founders are in the process of collecting over 1,500 online signatures and statements from black women and girls about the constant online harassment and abuse.

We are about ACTION!

What do you think you're going to do to people making comments on YouTube? If you're being told you can suppress their rights to free speech, your pockets are being picked.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
So would your advice to young black women be to "marry out" or what?

Now, of course, you realize that if a white person came into the other thread expressing the same generalized point of view about black people in general, he would not get a welcomed response, right? But you expect one here.
I think all people should get married if they want to. ETA: Per below, my post was about ALL men! Not just black men. White men have the same behaviors as I described as do other ethnicities of men. I think all men are basically the same in regards to being lazy and inconsiderate. And again, as I stated, I admit I have my prejudices of men in general. Those comments were about men in general, not black men only.

I also don't really care about what white people think of me as a black woman or of black people in general. My comments about "men" were about all men in the portion you quoted and not specifically black men.

The main issue I have with black men specifically is that they specifically denigrate "black women" too often and too much and laugh and joke about it amongst themselves. IMO that leads to a lack of disrespect in the community and encourages (sometimes aggressive) street harrassment/cat calling of black women.

What I stated of men in that post goes to white men too. I know a lot of white men with the same attitudes/behaviors and have good friends who are white females who speak of the same things regarding their men as what I wrote.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:

White people have already done these things, especially white women with feminist groups.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
White people have already done these things, especially white women with feminist groups.
Has it fixed their problem? Are the white women feminists all happy and satisfied with white men now?

Or is the name of our game supposed to be, "White people have already done those things, so let's do them, too?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies