Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:55 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You clearly lack the power of discernment.

I totally understand folks wanting to flee Donald J. Trump's Redneck America, by the way. I'm not sure America is ever going to get any smarter unless it is forced to, and Republicans will continue to work hard to keep America stupid.
Now its suddenly Trumps Redneck America even though he is essentially continuing the policies of the last guy and someone you voted for not once, but twice. No mirrors in your house, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 11:12 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Mexico allowed naturalization, but what you quoted doesn't have anything to do with dual citizenship which is a different matter. It glosses over the dual citizenship part

Edit: I looked and looked in both English and Spanish. I haven't found anything concrete, so I'll concede you are right in this

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 04-09-2017 at 11:29 AM..

Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
These are sites from 2 facilitators to the expat community in Mexico.

I know at least a dozen expats who went for citizenship. It's kind of a big deal...when someone gets their Citizenship, there's always a big party for them (drinks on them!).

Personally, we think Residente Permanente is sufficient for us. However there are some expats who want a MXN passport and want to vote in the local elections. I may do that some day, but not worth the cost (to me).

Immigration | Chapala Law - Spencer's Office S.C. Abogados

Quote:
Mexican Citizenship
We can help you be a Mexican citizen if you have a Mexican parent and can do everything without you having to come to Mexico personally. Foreigners who have completed 5 years with an FM2 (inmigrante), inmigrado or residente temporal or permanente or any combination of the aforementioned documents may apply to be naturalized citizens.
People married to Mexican citizens (with their marriage duly registered in Mexico), people with a Mexican child or who are from a Latin American country only need wait 2 years to obtain citizenship.
Citizenship ETC.
Quote:
Mexican Citizenship

There is more than one way to become a Mexican Citizen These include being a resident; child born to a Mexican national in another country; expat being married to a Mexican national; being adopted by a Mexican national; people born in Spain and Latin American; one who contributes to the country in ways such as business, art, sports, cultural, scientist in a very significant way.

The following process only applies to those with 5 years of residency. One must have been a resident of Mexico for 5 years. This means being a Temporary or Permanent Resident for 5 years. And one needs a letter from INM stating what was your visa status 5 years ago. This I process at INM for you.

Those over age 60 do not have to write a test in Spanish with questions pertaining to Mexico. Those 60 and under write the test. There is a study guide on line: Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores | Gobierno | gob.mx

Your birth certificate has to be legalized (Canadian) or apostille (American) and both the birth certificate and apostille /legalized document need to be translated in Mexico by a certified translator.

Required are three photos, passport size 4.5 x 3.5 cm with a white background, front view, no glasses, etc.

The name on your passport must exactly match your name on your birth certificate. If not, your consulate or embassy can provide a letter stating the documents are for one and the same person.

One needs two criminal records. One is from the state in which you live and one is Federal. For the latter, one needs to go to Mexico City or have a person on your behalf with a power of attorney represent you.

One completes the form Solicitud de carte de naturalizacion (DNN-3). With the form you need to submit a letter indicating how many times you exited Mexico in past two years and complete a chart indicating when you left, when you returned, where you went and the page number in your passport with the stamps confirming this. You also need to copy your complete passport. You must be present to submit.

All applicants regardless of age will be interviewed in Spanish with questions about your name, where born, citizenship, etc. For those in San Miguel and area the interview is in Queretaro.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
How funny you want to move to an island because you don't like living with people with differing views....but want to bring millions of people to this country that would chop your head off because of your views.
Well said.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:16 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You noticed that too?

Reost #16
As usual more morons who don't even read the full OP, you both would have seen that I said I would choose Ireland or New Zealand! D-U-H

Old 04-09-2017, 12:21 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Honestly, it seems like threads/notions like these are intended to try to make people embarrassed about how undesirable of a place to live the USA is becoming, but that's not going to work.

If anything, all it does is give conservatives a boner just imagining the country without pesky liberals in the way.

And it validates the stereotype of liberals being drama kings.

Feel free to get upset/dismissive of this if you like, but I'm just being realistic here. This isn't helping your cause.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:29 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You clearly lack the power of discernment.

I totally understand folks wanting to flee Donald J. Trump's Redneck America, by the way. I'm not sure America is ever going to get any smarter unless it is forced to, and Republicans will continue to work hard to keep America stupid.
Redneck??
Stupid??

Excuse me, but you belong to the party who glorifies thugs, terrorists, illegal immigrants, rioters, anarchists, racists, communists, airhead celebrities, and liars and cheats.
Your party paid agitators to beat up and cause violence at Trump rallys.
Your party cheated with debate questions.
Your party was too stupid to know not to give their password to Russian hackers.
Your party's candidate didn't know what "wipe" a computer meant.
Your party glorifies killing and demeaning cops.
Your party protested the pipeline for "environmental" reasons, but left miles of garbage and pollutants (propane and gas tanks, diapers, clothes, mattresses, ) that cost taxpayers millions to clean up.
Your party corrupted the election for Bernie Sanders,
Your party lost a record 1,000 legislative seats in just the last few years.... etc etc etc etc etc --- redneck and stupid much???

Last edited by mountainrose; 04-09-2017 at 12:42 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 12:30 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Yes, please go.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Reost #16
As usual more morons who don't even read the full OP, you both would have seen that I said I would choose Ireland or New Zealand! D-U-H

Ireland and New Zealand both have white Europeans as their majorities.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:51 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You do know that is TOTAL BS... right? Other nations do NOT have open borders , or allow unlimited immigration, or I would have already left!
So you're not good enough for any other country to accept you and the US is stuck with you? Let me guess you voted for Hillary, support amnesty for illegals and "sanctuary" cities too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies