Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2017, 05:38 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It is estimated that there are more than 6M newly minted felons in CA now... much to the glee of the entire legal system that minted them.
Really? Well I sure would love to see a source for that one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 05:51 PM

29,447 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Dude... You need to ditch that steel cased crap... Ammo prices have plummeted can get 420 round cans of Federal Lake city M193 for 131.68 as of Sunday at walmart. On stripper clips. Includes the speed loader.
I pulled the pick randomly of google.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:57 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times
Ohhh my bad... Last time I did that I got my peepee spanked...

Old 05-01-2017, 06:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I never in my life knew that people like that existed but, here they are. "Looks" make a gun dangerous. I guess everyone with a tattoo is more dangerous than those without. Shaved heads, long beards. Scary stuff. We'll need to start profiling. I'll need to shave.
I know how that goes, I rode a 1964 Harley Pan head years ago No beard, short hair and clean clothes.
Pull up to a stop light and I'd laugh at all the car door locks I'd hear and watch as people rolled up their windows...

Old 05-01-2017, 06:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The Pro Gun guys always have this excuse of wanting to protect yourself and you need lots of ammo in case there are multiple bad guys. Do you realize how rare those situations are ? Somehow, millions and millions of us go through our daily lives without the need to be carrying heat. How often do average citizens find themselves in situations that require you to shoot someone else..........never has happened to me in my 71 years on this planet.

Guns for hunting are one thing, but military style weapons are just that, to be used by the military. They serve one purpose and one purpose only.....to kill as many people as possible without reloading. If you guys can't take down one or several criminals with 5 or 10 rounds, you need to spend more time at the shooting range.
The ignorant anti gun nuts always ready to prove how little they know. You clearly have no idea what a "military style weapon" even is. Hint - IT'S COSMETIC. Period, that's it.

Do you realize how rare it is to need a seatbelt in a car? Somehow millions of people go through their daily lives without ever needing a seatbelt. How often do average citizens find themselves needing a seatbelt.......never has happened to me in 1.4 million miles driven. Yet seatbelts are required by law.

Seatbelts are estimated to save 13,000 lives per year - that's it. Even Obamas CDCs low estimate is 500,000 to 1,300,000 defensive uses of firearms per year. We can't say that every one of those people would have died without a gun but even 1% were saved that matches the number of lives saved by federally required seatbelts.

I'm sure you'll ignore all the facts and continue with your ignorant eye rolling.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Should there be different laws for Army vets?

Laws are laws, don't break them unless you are willing to take the punishment.

Of course he is not going to get 21 years.
Like Jim Crow? When a law is unjust we the people have a duty to break it.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:56 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Really? Well I sure would love to see a source for that one
I don't know how many gun owners there are in California (is it 6mil?), but I bet the majority don't know the laws that have passed lately make them felons. Main ones are regular ("high" lol) capacity magazines are now outlawed, "evil featured" guns have to be registered, non-serialized guns must have a serial number and registered, pistol versions of rifles have to be permanent mag and single shot, one gun owners cannot let another adult borrow their gun.

These laws do absolutely nothing except make law abiding gun owners into criminals at the stroke of a pen.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I don't know how many gun owners there are in California (is it 6mil?), but I bet the majority don't know the laws that have passed lately make them felons. Main ones are regular ("high" lol) capacity magazines are now outlawed, "evil featured" guns have to be registered, non-serialized guns must have a serial number and registered, pistol versions of rifles have to be permanent mag and single shot, one gun owners cannot let another adult borrow their gun.

These laws do absolutely nothing except make law abiding gun owners into criminals at the stroke of a pen.
oh please..there are no laws that are going to turn 6 million gun owners into felons, why do you say stuff like that? Here are the gun laws they don't look all that scary to me. Confused over California

Old 05-01-2017, 07:16 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
oh please..there are no laws that are going to turn 6 million gun owners into felons, why do you say stuff like that? Here are the gun laws they don't look all that scary to me. Confused over California
The state is confiscating my personal property come July 1st or I become a criminal. All while we release criminals from jail.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The state is confiscating my personal property come July 1st or I become a criminal. All while we release criminals from jail.
That's a little dramatic shooter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies