Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 05:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

I own a multitude of guns many full auto. My hicaps number in the hundreds from pistol to AK, ARs, etc.

I have them because I can and I hate to reload as often.

That's why.

Anybody wants to differ with me, pound sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 05:49 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The big question is, why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? Made to one thing, kill lots of people in a hurry.

Oh, yeah, because gun lovers want them and have that right.

Because terrorists and white nationalists have 2nd amendment rights. Their goal is to kill as many as possible and high-capacity magazines makes their job easier.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:53 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
but if he knew they was illegal magazine, why did he have them in his car?

Old 04-30-2017, 05:57 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Because terrorists and white nationalists have 2nd amendment rights. Their goal is to kill as many as possible and high-capacity magazines makes their job easier.

That is why we have the police and military. This ain't the old west, where everybody was strapped. By 2017 we should have come a lot further than for grown adults to be thinking they need to be carrying military type weapons around to "take out the bad guys."

Just what I want, a world where everyone sitting near me at a restaurant is armed to the teeth !

Old 04-30-2017, 06:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Really shouldn't be any gun laws outside of a few small rules and regulations.

Such as anyone under the age of 21 cannot purchase a firearm with out an adult present. Anyone under the age of 18 must use a firearm with an adult present.

Should be training for firearms every five years and then 10 afterwards.

Individuals in prison or parole or probation will gave their 2nd Ammendnent rights suspended.

Individuals who are currently in outlatient psychiatric treatment must have a letter from a Doctor to purchase a firearm and cannot posses a firearm till after 6 month's from discharge from an inpatient psychiatric. Individuals can have exemption to use at their employer if required to. Also this is at the discretion of the employer.

Any one who uses a firearm under the influence of a substance will have their 2nd Ammendnent right suspended, 2nd time a year, and third time possibly jail time.
The NRA and gun nutters would never get behind those common sense laws.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:03 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is why we have the police and military. This ain't the old west, where everybody was strapped. By 2017 we should have come a lot further than for grown adults to be thinking they need to be carrying military type weapons around to "take out the bad guys."

Just what I want, a world where everyone sitting near me at a restaurant is armed to the teeth !
Actually I am armed most of the time going out. When I retired from the PD NY said I had to go from my 15 round magazine to 8 rounds. Then they did the "fix" for retired cops and I was able to go to 15 round magazines again. Now I reside out of state and I have a 33 round magazine in my Glock. That's a nightstand gun. When I carry out I have a 15 round. I always say I don't care if you carry. I do not care if you choose not to have a firearm in your house. Certainly that's your right. Just don't tell me what to do.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Blog: Veteran faces 21 years in prison for possession of pistol magazines Pretty crazy. I know they will never sentence him consecutively but harsh for what he is accused of. Probably owned them pre-ban. A law abiding citizen turned into a criminal because of ridiculous gun laws!! In the meantime real criminals are doing a lot worse!!!
It's okay to possess marijuana. It's even okay to have an abortion. But God forbid you possess a high cap mag. Insanity!

Old 04-30-2017, 06:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why do I need a car that can do 164mph? Why do I need a gas tank bigger than 5 gallons? Why should my wife, daughter and I live in a house over 5,000 sq ft? And most of all, why should you decide what someone else needs?
The car isn't designed to kill a bunch of people at once. The gas tank isn't designed to kill a bunch of people at once. Your house isn't designed to kill a bunch of people at once. High capacity gun are designed to kill a bunch of people at once. Why should you decide how many people die in a mass shooting?

Old 04-30-2017, 06:46 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The big question is, why does anyone even need a high capacity magazine ? Made to one thing, kill lots of people in a hurry.

Oh, yeah, because gun lovers want them and have that right.

Do have that little imagination or are being deliberately obtuse?
An attacker doesn't fly backwards and die like in the movies.
It takes several rounds to stop a determined attacker.
Now add additional attackers and figure on a few misses.
I wouldn't want to run out of ammo and die helpless because
some moron thought magazine restrictions will make any
difference to criminals with an already illegal weapon.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The car isn't designed to kill a bunch of people at once. The gas tank isn't designed to kill a bunch of people at once. Your house isn't designed to kill a bunch of people at once. High capacity gun are designed to kill a bunch of people at once. Why should you decide how many people die in a mass shooting?
I decide nothing.

But you will not decide what I can and can't own. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies