Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 08:20 AM

448 posts, read 366,277 times

Advertisements

There is no argument that Islam and gay rights and gender bending are not compatible. They are matter antimatter. Let some gays lesbos or genderbender trannys have a march down main street in Dearborn. They would be stoned.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:24 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
I have no issues with any of these groups of people you mentioned. I see Muslims and gay people in downtown Denver every day and none of them have attacked each other. Despite what Breitbart wants you to think, not every Muslim person living in the USA wants to burn down America.

Everybody doesn't have a black and white tunnel vision of the world, spillerNburr. Open you mind and try to understand that not everybody thinks the way you do. I say that honestly, not trying to be a smartass.

And you use the term "genderbender tranny." Sounds like you're the intolerant person we need to be worried about.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:26 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Hopefully, the religion of Islam will come around.

Christians are on the edge of change. The majority of younger Christians are pretty accepting, but until the older establishment dies off, the most vocal voice will continue to dominate.

Obviously, the animosity towards gays is radically different between the two religions. The old school Christians want to "cure" the gayness while the old school Muslims prefer a tall tower or a good pile of stones.

I look forward to the day when gay bashing is a rare event.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I have no issues with any of these groups of people you mentioned. I see Muslims and gay people in downtown Denver every day and none of them have attacked each other.

Everybody doesn't have a black and white tunnel vision of the world, spillerNburr. Open you mind and try to understand that not everybody thinks the way you do. I say that honestly, not trying to be a smartass.
Do you honestly think ardent believers in Islam that come to our country will automatically abandon their beliefs and embrace our open and accepting culture? DO you think people are so weak willed that they will give a belief system imbued in them since birth and for many generations prior?

Old 05-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Christians are on the edge of change. The majority of younger Christians are pretty accepting, but until the older establishment dies off, the most vocal voice will continue to dominate.

Obviously, the animosity towards gays is radically different between the two religions. The old school Christians want to "cure" the gayness while the old school Muslims prefer a tall tower or a good pile of stones.

Great post, I agree with you 100%.

While I myself am not religious, I am cool all religions and people who chose to worship.

A lot of younger people I know, both Muslim and christian, are a lot more open-minded to the idea of homosexuality than older religious folks seem to be.

I too look forward to when all people are accepted for who they are. However, I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Do you honestly think ardent believers in Islam that come to our country will automatically abandon their beliefs and embrace our open and accepting culture? DO you think people are so weak willed that they will give a belief system imbued in them since birth and for many generations prior?
I'm not sure what else to tell you. As I said, walking about 5 blocks from the train to my job in downtown Denver this morning, i saw several Muslim people, and I saw several gay people. None of them were trying to kill each other.

Contrary to what Breitbart wants you to believe, not all Muslims want to kill you.

Just like Christianity, there are varying levels of believers when it comes to Islam. Some Muslims in Syria would prefer to cut of the heads of every gay person they come across. other Muslims have assimilated into American culture and go about their lives every day just like you and I do. Even if their religion is intolerant of gays, many Muslims are decent people and simply don't care.

it makes me sad that most people who are intolerant of Muslims have never spent time around them. This might come as a shock to some of you, but Muslims eat, sleep, ****, watch TV, and pay taxes just like the rest of us.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Great post, I agree with you 100%.

While I myself am not religious, I am cool all religions and people who chose to worship.

A lot of younger people I know, both Muslim and christian, are a lot more open-minded to the idea of homosexuality than older religious folks seem to be.

I too look forward to when all people are accepted for who they are. However, I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.
Unless you're fairly old, I think you will.

Not too many years ago, I wouldn't broach the subject with the more old school Christians, because it was pointless. They would not even consider the argument at all. Additionally, I could not expect any support from anyone else, even the ones that secretly were on my side.

Today, I can actually have such a debate and get backup. Now, I always get the same "They choose to be gay" lame a$s retort, but they will hear me through. Before, I wouldn't even be allowed to finish a sentence, and many times I'd encounter anger.

It could be that I'm too optimistic, but I have really seen quite an attitude change in just the last five years.

I wish more openly gay Christians would attend church. I think more exposure to gay people not in the closet would go a long way, but I do understand the hesitation due to what so many have experienced.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:52 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Perhaps the OP should try actually meeting some Muslims instead of assuming that everyone fits the right wing stereotype of what a Muslim is.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:54 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times
There are Christians that accept those who believe differently than they do and there are those who are so smug in their belief and the neato concept of being forgiven for the weeks sins every Sunday that they think they know what's best for everyone else. Same goes for Muslims.

Seeing groups of people that are in the billions through such a narrow field of view, you miss the trees for the forest.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
I have no issues with any of these groups of people you mentioned. I see Muslims and gay people in downtown Denver every day and none of them have attacked each other. Despite what Breitbart wants you to think, not every Muslim person living in the USA wants to burn down America.

And you use the term "genderbender tranny." Sounds like you're the intolerant person we need to be worried about.
Conservatives see the world in black and white; liberals tend to operate in shades of grey.

How's that for a sweeping generalization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hopefully, the religion of Islam will come around.

I pretty much agree but I think that some militant Christians would like that tall tower as well.

I look forward to the day when gay bashing comes to an end.

If the Church continues to preach hate and intolerance - they will find their pews growing ever smaller; just as it is today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies