Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 07:13 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I think we should have unrestricted access to all arms honestly. Can't tell me it wouldn't be cool to have an MG42 or a tank to cruise around with... I'd be beyond thrilled to have an F16 fighter jet but I'll settle for an A10... and if those were off the list... well I'd settle for an apache or a cobra or even a huey...

Traffic? What traffic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt-MofnMsAs

Old 06-14-2017, 07:15 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
yes!
:d :d

Old 06-14-2017, 07:17 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Humans are the problem. I may not have a gun, and may get intimidated by a person carrying. But despite the events of today, it's still a very low % of people that misuse or mistreat gun ownership.

Background checks etc have their purpose. Maybe education needs to be ramped up a few notches. Maybe in order to get a gun you need to enroll in and go to more detailed schooling. But guess what, a really bad person can be really nice throughout that entire process, and then once gun in hand, it can be used for bad things.
But here is the problem in that schooling and education is about regulating a right.

Do we require schooling and education if a person wants to use their right to vote or their right of free speech? Do they need schooling and education before they are free from unreasonable search or being given sodium penathol?

Do we require schooling and education for any of our other rights?

If not, then why do we want to require them so we can have guns?

As others have said, bearing arms is not about duck hunting, it is about keeping the government in check. When things come into play (and quite frankly, there are too many things in play as it is), then there is less ability to keeping the government in check.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:17 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,215,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Irrational fear... gets the best of everyone...

Maybe if her husband was allowed to have one locked and cocked in the night stand the would be attacker would either surrender or become Swiss cheese...

Sounds odd to marry someone whom you have little in common with... I know I won't waste my time with a woman who doesn't like guns, or doesn't shoot. These guns and my other hobbies were here before you, they'll be here after you. There's the door. Bye felicia.
My wife does not really care for a Guns. But she has come to understand them to some point. My wife has since we have been together has gotten her own carry conceal permit. And she has on occasion carry her gun.

My Wife also has also gotten her own gun's ones that fit her small hands. I learned this less the expensive way, I got her a firearm, that I though she would not only like but be able to us. I was incorrect on both counts. I wound up selling that gun, and we went to the gun store together to find one that my wife would like and one that fits her hand.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sure cars can be used AS a weapon, but that is not their designed use. They are transportation vehicles to haul you from one place to another. That's what they are for.

Guns? They ARE a weapon. Extracting projectiles at high speeds to do damage are what they are for.
Guns are a tool. It takes a person for them to kill.

If a person wants to kill someone, they don't need a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
All legal gun owners are good guys with a guns, until they aren't. Just like my 68 year old neighbor, terrified of "bad guys" with guns, who SNAPPED one night and shot her invalid 72 year old husband in his wheelchair. She was a law abiding citizen with a gun, until she wasn't.

Can your cliches, gun people. I have been married to an NRA gun owner (dozens) for 43 years. Makes his own bullets too. I even went shooting in my younger years to please HIM, not me. Why I am doing this when I do not like it myself?

HIS guns have been locked up in a safe for 43 years, when we had young children, and today. I do not want to be around his guns. I will not go anywhere with him when he is carrying. Do I have that RIGHT under your 2nd Amendment? Do I have the right to frisk my own husband if I want to?

I will protect myself. You do not have to protect poor little, old lady me with your gun. I HAVE protected myself as a teenager with a burglar with a knife with whatever I had around me, AND against a burglar as a young married before my husband could get out and load his gun.

I have had this in the back of my mind for 43 years, which is why I want them locked up. What if he SNAPS like my neighbor? Strange bad guys with guns? What is you answer for good guys with guns, who you know, who snap and become bad guys with guns????? Never happen? The 2nd Amendment trumps this? MORE people with guns is your answer?

As I said in my OT, relative to this shooter, "A gun is the great equalizer" according to the NRA. My husband is an overweight 68 year old man. I am half his height and weight at the same age and can today out walk him, let alone out run him, let alone any one younger and more fit. A GUN would give an overweight old man the advantage over anyone else. POINT of my OP.
So, you're claiming that when your neighbor snapped, she wanted to specifically kill her husband with a gun.

Wow, that's such a bizarre thought process you have.

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel your terror of guns should take away might right to own them?

Old 06-14-2017, 07:19 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
I love this song by Exodus -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HNZrHZ0-xI

Intense lyrics into the mind of a hateful person with a gun.

Everything around me ignites my rage
I'm burning with animosity
Everywhere I look another war to wage
Filled with purpose of singularity
Got my hollow points, got my magazines
Wrote my manifesto of decay
Commencement of the killing at the university
Antipathy, the lesson of the day
They never should have pushed me away

Student bodies lying dead in the halls
A blood splattered treatise of hate
Class dismissed is my hypothesis
Gun fire ends the debate
All I ever wanted was a little affection
But no one ever gave it to me
My hate primer's the result of my rejection
You'll die for it, and I'll die for thee

The halls of learning now a shooting range
My final exam with a gun
Killing everyone who ever thought me strange
My bloody dissertation has begun
Pomp and circumstance replaced by bullet wounds
The smell of gunpowder on the air
Murder is the nightmare of this afternoon
My malevolence, your cross to bear
All because of my despair

Gun fire ends the debate

Hate lives in me
Hate lives in me
Hate I need it and it needs me
Hate I feed it and it fed me
Hate I breed it and it bred me
Hate
Hate I read it and it read me
Hate I lead it and it led me
Hate I bleed it and it bled me
I breathe it in, and it breathes through me

While SWAT teams swarm all around the quad
The symposium of slaughter carries on
Smith and Wesson is my only God
And the line in the sand has been drawn
Valedictorian of violence
Graduation day, one bullet remains
Charles Whitman set the precedent
I pull the trigger and blow out my brains
They never knew I was insane

Gun fire ends the debate

I instruct you
And I destruct you
I deconstruct you
Until my hate has ****ed you

Old 06-14-2017, 07:20 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My wife does not really care for a Guns. But she has come to understand them to some point. My wife has since we have been together has gotten her own carry conceal permit. And she has on occasion carry her gun.

My Wife also has also gotten her own gun's ones that fit her small hands. I learned this less the expensive way, I got her a firearm, that I though she would not only like but be able to us. I was incorrect on both counts. I would up selling that gun, and we went to the gun store together to find one that my wife would like and one that fits her hand.
I built an ex an AR chambered in 308 to go deer hunting with me. She could knock the eyes out of bee with that thing! I wonder if she still has it after the Safe act went through...

The ones I meet at the range are either married or taken

Old 06-14-2017, 07:22 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
But here is the problem in that schooling and education is about regulating a right.

Do we require schooling and education if a person wants to use their right to vote or their right of free speech? Do they need schooling and education before they are free from unreasonable search or being given sodium penathol?

Do we require schooling and education for any of our other rights?

If not, then why do we want to require them so we can have guns?

As others have said, bearing arms is not about duck hunting, it is about keeping the government in check. When things come into play (and quite frankly, there are too many things in play as it is), then there is less ability to keeping the government in check.
The world has changed incredibly fast, fast enough that maybe the original right to bear arms may need adjusting because life has passed it by.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:22 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I want a gun therefore I need a gun.

Case closed.
This. End of discussion.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:23 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Gun deaths in the US have declined every year for more than 20 years. Most of the gun deaths are black on black, mostly gang killings with illegal guns. The areas with the strictest gun laws, have the most gun deaths. CCW owners have the lowest crime rate in the country, even lower than police. About 1/3 of gun deaths are suicides, those people would kill themselves if they could not get a gun. These facts are all from the FBI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies