Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 05:23 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,400,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You can't fight like a man-therefore you want a gun. Too cowardly, lazy and out of shape to learn how to defend yourself without a firearm. Case closed.
You should tell us all about how you've defended yourself against an armed perp.

Do your spin kick the gun or knife out of their hand like Chuck Norris?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:37 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,604,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL

I took Krav Maga when I was younger. Alot of my friends from highschool who came back from Afghanistan and Iraq showed me a few things as well.

Pull a knife or a pistol close up on me and it's semi auto, I'll have it out of battery and your arm broken at the elbow and dislocated from the shoulder socket in a blink of an eye.

I think one would rather take a gut shot or shot in the leg than to feel that kind of incapacitating pain.
{snip} .
Is that you, Grasshopper?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:39 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,508,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Is that you, Grasshopper?
Nope. But go on with a feeble attempt at mockery. It only amuses me.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:42 PM

21,493 posts, read 10,611,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have to give them credit on this one. An lone, overweight, elderly man armed with a knife or baseball bat, running around a baseball field trying to attack Congresspeople probably young enough to be his children? Laughable, but put a gun in his hand and it is deadly.

THIS is the real issue, not politics, not religion, not even mental illness. Guns. Sorry, NRA, MORE guns are not the solution. "Rounding Third, Carrying an AK-47, and Headed for Home" ???????? NO, NRA. LESS guns is what is needed.

I am a Sanders supporter, who voted for Hillary. Senseless Violence, be that against a Democrat, Republican, Black Churchgoers, or School Children.

Eliminate the MEANS, and the Motive becomes Moot.
How do you propose to eliminate the guns? It's impossible! There are 300-400 million of them in the US alone. You think drug cartels are bad now? Wait until we give them a brand new black market. It will make Prohibition look like tiddlywinks. It is never going to happen.

But did you notice a guy with a gun stopped the bad guy today?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:43 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
We are given 3 basic rights under the Constitution -

Right of Free speech
Right to bear arms
Right to vote

Just make the procedures to exercise those rights the same for all 3. Want more restrictions on right to bear arms? Go ahead, but restrict right to vote and right of free speech in the same way.

When you read these threads, it is clear that many folks abuse the free speech thing every day....
No, the Bill of rights has 10 different rights established. I as an individual have more rights than speech, fire arms, and voting (which is not even in the bill of rights and is introduced later).

And no, even if a constitutional amendment were put in place to alter the 2nd amendment to legally allow limitations on it, the language of such an amendment would have to specifically include voting and speech, which would alter the 1st, 15th, 19th, 24th, and 26th, in addition to the 2nd, which that on it's own would likely not pass the amendment process, let alone adding 5 others.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How do you propose to eliminate the guns? It's impossible! There are 300-400 million of them in the US alone. You think drug cartels are bad now? Wait until we give them a brand new black market. It will make Prohibition look like tiddlywinks. It is never going to happen.

Yah. A POLICEMAN did. We're good with them having guns.

This ridiculous rhetoric of a 'good guy with a gun' has led only to more violence in the violent USA.

I wonder if the shooter considered himself a 'good guy' when he purchased that gun?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:58 PM

251 posts, read 312,314 times
Quote:

He was a trained professional who is SUPPOSED to have a gun. Big difference!!!

Old 06-14-2017, 05:59 PM

21,493 posts, read 10,611,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No, the Bill of rights has 10 different rights established. I as an individual have more rights than speech, fire arms, and voting (which is not even in the bill of rights and is introduced later).

And no, even if a constitutional amendment were put in place to alter the 2nd amendment to legally allow limitations on it, the language of such an amendment would have to specifically include voting and speech, which would alter the 1st, 15th, 19th, 24th, and 26th, in addition to the 2nd, which that on it's own would likely not pass the amendment process, let alone adding 5 others.
Yeah, good luck with that. What part of the right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed is confusing?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:59 PM

10,254 posts, read 6,346,458 times
Quote:

A LEO whose JOB it was to do that, not a private citizen with a gun.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:00 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,602,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You should tell us all about how you've defended yourself against an armed perp.

Do your spin kick the gun or knife out of their hand like Chuck Norris?
Not really an issue for him, as he moved to Australia......yet he still feels the need to insert his two cents into our business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies