Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

What government needs to elucidate the fact it's military will defend itself if attacked?

A bit of inane fluff-puffery for the peasant class impressed with inane, redundant and stupid statements.

Comic opera at it's worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 01:40 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You didn't address what I posted.
Why would I? Its simply a attempt to deflect. But you want me too? Sure!

Quote:
Bless your hearts.
You too buddy.

Quote:
Try to keep up. You seem to be so intent on personal attack you miss the message.
Nope, we got the message. People called out your nonsense, and posted why it was wrong. Thats not a personal attack.
  • Quote:
    Claim was made that war in Syria is illegal. (I take no stand on this)
  • Of course you don't, because thats your fallback position, you will simply say it was legal. The argument being made to you is that it can't be both, and if it IS illegal then its illegal now.
  • Quote:
    Thus Trump should be impeached for doing an illegal thing because he is fighting war in Syria.
  • One person has mentioned this in the thread. Its a valid statement as well. If it is against the law, then it is impeachable. The Republicans should have tried it if they thought it was. But heres the difference....Obama did not target Syria directly, he was going after ISIS, and he repeatedly asked congress to provide authorization.
  • Quote:
    I argue that IF the law was broken about Syria then it was Obama's doing based on the standard given. It was Obama that started it. Trump simply inherited it.
  • And THIS is where the utter nonsense starts. Seriously, this statement is just nuts. If it was illegal then, its illegal now, full stop. And THIS is what people are primarily calling you out about.
  • Quote:
    Trump is not liable for Obama's decision.
  • But he is liable for his-he is not only doing what Obama did (fighting isis), but he has expanded it and attacked Syria directly, which is even worse. How do you not get this?
  • Quote:
    Whether Trump continues in Syria or not, is not illegal. He inherited the mess.
  • Again...wrong. This is why people are calling you out, and not respecting you here.
Quote:
This isn't hard to understand, but I get why you try to spin it into something else. It's all you have these days.
Uh huh. Apparently you cannot understand that if someone else robs a bank, that doesn't mean its legal to rob banks.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What's apparently hard for you to understand is the very simple question: Was Obama right or wrong going into Syria?
She is trying to say Trump should not be held accountable for US actions in Syria. Period.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why would I? Its simply a attempt to deflect. But you want me too? Sure!

Uh huh. Apparently you cannot understand that if someone else robs a bank, that doesn't mean its legal to rob banks.
You disagree with what I said. I fully agree with your right to believe as you wish.

But here's the thing.

Trump won't be impeached for Syria. You can take that to the bank.

Case closed.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What government needs to elucidate the fact it's military will defend itself if attacked?

A bit of inane fluff-puffery for the peasant class impressed with inane, redundant and stupid statements.

Comic opera at it's worst.
This is what was actually said.

US responds to Russian threat after shoot-down of Syrian jet | Fox News

Old 06-20-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She is trying to say Trump should not be held accountable for US actions in Syria. Period.
Absolutely not.

I said that Trump was not criminally liable for Obama's decision to start a war with Syria, IF as some said here, that it was an illegal action.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
You disagree with what I said. I fully agree with your right to believe as you wish.

But here's the thing.

Trump won't be impeached for Syria. You can take that to the bank.

Case closed.
On that we totally agree.

The articles of impeachment (if they occur) will list a ton of things. But not this.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:56 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Absolutely not.

I said that Trump was not criminally liable for Obama's decision to start a war with Syria, IF as some said here, that it was an illegal action.
But you have yet to answer whether you think a US presence there is justified? Doesn't that fence get uncomfortable after a while?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:58 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
We don't know that. We've been there for years. Pulling out completely and immediately out at this point may do much more harm to our interests now and may put lives in danger. i.e. Trump has not committed an impeachable offense.

It was Obama who make the illegal decision to get us involved in Syria, if it was indeed illegal. It's not clear to me that a President, who inherits an illegal war, is legally liable for the decisions of his predecessor.

The party I was responding to, made this bad jump to conclusions. And simply because of the double standard being played.
i agree with this!

Also want to add,

"US Pilots Will Defend Themselves If Attacked By Russians"

Of course they would. What else do you expect them to do? Die?

Old 06-20-2017, 02:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
I wonder if Vlad has called Don on the red line and ordered him to tell the generals to stand down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies