Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll ask again: Either Obama did the right thing going into Syria or the wrong thing which Trump is prolonging.
WHICH is it?
Or is that just too difficult a question for you to take a position on other than I wuv widdle Donny and he's never wrong even when he is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Waldo can't answer until they figure out how to make it wrong for Obama, but good for Trump.
Bless your hearts.

Try to keep up. You seem to be so intent on personal attack you miss the message.
  • Claim was made that war in Syria is illegal. (I take no stand on this)
  • Thus Trump should be impeached for doing an illegal thing because he is fighting war in Syria.
  • I argue that IF the law was broken about Syria then it was Obama's doing based on the standard given. It was Obama that started it. Trump simply inherited it.
  • Trump is not liable for Obama's decision.
  • Whether Trump continues in Syria or not, is not illegal. He inherited the mess.
This isn't hard to understand, but I get why you try to spin it into something else. It's all you have these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 01:19 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Bless your hearts.

Try to keep up. You seem to be so intent on personal attack you miss the message.
  • Thus Trump should be impeached for doing an illegal thing because he is fighting war in Syria.
  • I argue that IF the law was broken about Syria then it was Obama's doing based on the standard given. It was Obama that started it. Trump simply inherited it.
  • Whether Trump continues in Syria or not, is not illegal. He inherited the mess.
This isn't hard to understand, but I get why you try to spin it into something else. It's all you have these days.
Trump is liable for his current actions. PERIOD. If its illegal then, its illegal now. Thats like claiming that the current mob leadership isn't accountable because they inherited it.

Its utter nonsense. You should be ashamed at trying to play games like this. Its not a personal attack to point out how totally flawed your argument is.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Bless your hearts.

What's apparently hard for you to understand is the very simple question: Was Obama right or wrong going into Syria?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Its utter nonsense.
Nope. It is not.
Quote:
What's apparently hard for you to understand is the very simple question: Was Obama right or wrong going into Syria?
I told you that I take no stand on the legality of the war in Syria.

If you want to go boil the ocean, that is your business.

It's also irrelevant to this topic. Please stop trying to hijack it.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Nope. It is not.

It is, as is your refusal to answer simple questions.

You've alleged Putin puts his people first. Specifically, HOW?

Or is Vlad also on your list of untouchables?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Nope. It is not.
LOL. You claim that if it was illegal before, that doesn't mean its illegal now. Seriously? And thats not nonsense? Its not illegal now because Trump inherited it, and decided to continue it, even launching dozens of Tomahawk missiles into the country?

Yeah Waldokitty that is in fact nonsense.

If it was illegal before, Trumps actions are just as illegal. Perhaps even more so as Obamas actions were to support people fighting isis, not to attack Syria. Trump has directly attacked Syria.

Your argument here is hilarious, and you just make yourself look worse trying to continue with this nonsense.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:27 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
So, when these guys are out playing they never get locked on, or are stories of response with extreme vigor regularly suppressed?

When a fighter pilot says "locked" that far different from "painted." Others tend to conflate the terms.

When their radar warning receivers indicate that active or semi-active homing from another fighter aircraft has them locked, there is no further indication of whether the missile has actually been released.

Fighter pilots--Russian and American-- are aware that an active or semi-active target lock is a fight that has begun.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Nope. It is not.I told you that I take no stand on the legality of the war in Syria.

If you want to go boil the ocean, that is your business.

It's also irrelevant to this topic. Please stop trying to hijack it.
And I haven't said one word about the legality of the war in Syria. And very relevant to the topic is whether the US presence there is justified? A question you refuse to answer. WHY is that?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
LOL. You claim that if it was illegal before, that doesn't mean its illegal now.
You didn't address what I posted.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When their defensive systems indicate that active or semi-active homing from another fighter aircraft has them locked, there is no further indication of whether the missile has actually been released.

Fighter pilots--Russian and American-- are aware that an active or semi-active target lock is a fight that has begun.
But that doesn't really answer my question, if they're being locked on and responding with "extreme vigor", why aren't we hearing reports of shoot downs? It seems we've heard the stories for many years of both sides playing games with each other in international airspace, isn't locking on just to show you can part of those games?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies