Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 02:53 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times

Advertisements

The worst thing here is that OP is at best confusing nationalism with patriotism. But I have the feeling that they believe them to be one and same.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:55 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Remember when all the people who hate Obama lied and said they couldn't wait for him to leave The White House so they wouldn't have to see, hear or talk about him anymore?

I remember too.

About 8 months later, and they still obessss over him.
But the problem is..WE ARE seeing and hearing from Obozo. That moron is in a foreign country, talking crap about us.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:59 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Trader O has no dignity

Old 07-02-2017, 03:00 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Civility is gone, just waiting for the shooting to start!

Old 07-02-2017, 03:02 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
Any American trashing him on foreign soil is a traitor.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:05 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
But the problem is..WE ARE seeing and hearing from Obozo. That moron is in a foreign country, talking crap about us.
Just like Trump is in Trumpistan talking crap about us! Next week, he'll be harping on crooked Hillary again! That man's self-esteem must be as small as his privates and tiny hands!

Old 07-02-2017, 03:27 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Obama didn't trash his predecessor either. the same is most certainly not true for Trump. If at 71 Donny hasn't learned what goes around comes around, despite his slurs of Mika, it's HE who's really dumb as a box of rocks.
What country were you living in? Obama kept blaming Bush 43 for all his problems well into his second term.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Obama warns Americans about too much patriotism - on July 4th weekend! - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

I thought it was an unwritten rule that former Presidents dont trash current Presidents. When Bush left office, he did not utter a word about Obama for years. Of course it seems Obama could not do the same courtesy for Trump. I dont care if you think Trump deserves it or not, It is classless and rude.
Who?

Who is Obama?

Was he President of something?

Old 07-02-2017, 03:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I believe Republican presidents stick to the accepted decorum of not being vocal about current presidents, or even their policies (which they will in most cases oppose if it is a D in office).
Up until Bill Clinton, I think it was followed by most modern presidents, (D's & R's) alike. Granted Carter started to become more vocal in later years, but he at least seemed to follow the rule when Reagan & Bush Sr. were in office.
Now with Obama, he has gone beyond the pale, talking about the resistance movement, and bashing Trump on a regular basis. He is also still lecturing us on how to not be so patriotic, which is just another extension of his apology tour we witnessed for his two terms.

I can only imagine how bad Trump will be when he is a retired president, but for now, no one in modern history has been as bad as Obama.
Yet the media does not seemed outraged, and it is in part due to them thinking as Obama does, so what should be legitimate criticism of Obama, is mute.
That "decorum" has stood for years because it's basically harmful for the United States and our Foreign Policy for American Leadership/Past Leadership to go abroad and say Nasty things about current Leadership.

Carter didn't do until GW and he began to get a bit senile. Far Leftists have always run down the US & it's leadership because they really don't like this country.

You are correct - we have never had a President like Obama, one who openly defied Court Orders and the Constitution, a President who had no respect for Law & Order. It's no surprise that Obama, Clinton, Holder, Lynch are all on board with "la Resistance" and happy to run down the USA and it's Leadership at any opportunity .... it's what they really think about the USA and the American people.

I spent years on forums in other Nations, particularly the Mid-East. I wasn't a Bush fan, but I always believed he loved the USA and was a Patriot - I never made excuses for Bush in Foreign Forums and could direct the conversations into more productive channels.

When Obama was elected - I quit. I was too afraid I might say something about his policy and I personally considered it both Un-Patriotic & possibly harmful to do so on a Foreign Forum. I quit because I'm a Patriot - it's very harmful to run down the USA on Foreign soil if you have a large audience as I did and as Obama does.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Any American trashing him on foreign soil is a traitor.
Anyone who gives foreign agents national security information is a traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies