Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:23 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
It's called FREE SPEECH, get use to it.
I pay to see a concert, not have some ridiculous political message rammed down our throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 08:24 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Don't forget to add in the liberal Jews and non Jewish supporters of Israel, who abandoned him because of his anti semitism.
Roger Waters’ Antisemitism To Be Subject of Documentary | Israellycool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzPoAg03VQ

Old 07-11-2017, 08:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Ha, ha, charade you are

Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW ORLEANS – People likened Pink Floyd front man Roger Waters' packed show in New Orleans overnight to propaganda and were frustrated with the second half of the show being devoted to Waters' hatred of President Donald Trump.

Attendees told WBRZ, Water featured images of war and protests on giant screens as he performed. During one set, a pig with Donald Trump's image on it floated above the heads of spectators. Graphics spelled out “Trump is a pig” throughout the performance.

People frustrated when La. concert turns into an anti-Trump rally
The first bolded part is what Pink Floyd has been doing since the early 80's It is what the album and movie "the Wall" is all about. Only a narcisistic Trump Supporter would think it is about them. This IS what PF's most successful album stood for.

And the second bolded part: I saw them back in the 90's and they floated the Pig then. Sure, it didn't have Trump's head on it at the time, but if you think about Pink Floyd, they have consistently stood against Facism and have made strong statements about Government Overreach. If somebody made it to their concert and was surprised, they were a poseur and were probably just there to get the T-Shirt.

More PC Whining from the Snowflakes who support Trump. They stand behind him, until someone hurts their feelings. If you are a supporter of a politician like Trump, and you also find yourself being offended by Water's message, then you have not been paying attention. Again, only explanation would be poseurs who just want the t-shirt.

BTW, title is double misleading:
1. Not a Floyd Concert, as already mentioned
2. It sounds like it turned into a Rally, but in reality, they played their show, as they have for decades. One would think they stopped playing and started doing a rally. Not the case. (Fake news, dare I say!)

Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, go!

I saw them in 1988 during the Delicate Sound of Thunder Tour and while they aren't even remotely my "favorite" band, that was the best arena show I have ever seen, to this day.
My point exactly. Waters didn't tour with them and they sounded just as great without him. That was the first time I saw them without Waters, in 1988 at RFK stadium and I didn't miss him at all.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I pay to see a concert, not have some ridiculous political message rammed down our throats.

You should pay to see concerts that you can handle. If you don't want to hear their message (that they've been doing for decades), why would you pay to see them? So you could whine about it?

Seems silly to me. Snowflakeism by the Snowflake projectors.....

Old 07-11-2017, 08:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You might want to avoid Pink Floyd shows, then. Were you there, having the message rammed down your... throat, was it?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:33 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That doesn't make them synonymous and it doesn't mean that everyone who makes money is a pure capitalist at the expense of all else.
$300 per ticket and VIP sections?

Is he selling Wall golf balls too?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My point exactly. Waters didn't tour with them and they sounded just as great without him. That was the first time I saw them without Waters, in 1988 at RFK stadium and I didn't miss him at all.
I think he's quite talented, but I was really just there to see Pink Floyd's show, which is more a production than it is about one band member.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:34 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW ORLEANS – People likened Pink Floyd front man Roger Waters' packed show in New Orleans overnight to propaganda and were frustrated with the second half of the show being devoted to Waters' hatred of President Donald Trump.

Attendees told WBRZ, Water featured images of war and protests on giant screens as he performed. During one set, a pig with Donald Trump's image on it floated above the heads of spectators. Graphics spelled out “Trump is a pig” throughout the performance.

People frustrated when La. concert turns into an anti-Trump rally
I would be so pissed.

Thanks for sharing this, we almost bought tickets because we are long-time fans, but will not support artists like this or like Bruce Springsteen that use the venue as anything but a concert that we paid to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies