Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 09:59 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Wait a minute here. In one sentence you say, "singing about the blight of closed factories and the death of industry" and go on to say, "Now we FINALLY have Trump to rectify this blight" and then go on to call Springsteen a liar and a dirtbag. So if Springsteen lied about blight, what exactly is Trump rectifying?

Also, I'd never call Springsteen's music patriotic yet many music critics erroneously did when Born in the U.S.A. came out. It never ceases to amaze me how people latch on to the imagery of a record cover rather than the substance of lyrics.
I know Springsteen is talented but I just don't get the attraction to his music. I have heard his shows are full of energy and last all night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 10:03 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Arguably the best album of all time. Again, Waters was only lead vocals on two of the songs on that album, and it's not like his bass playing is what made the album great. Like I said, his writing was his contribution. He should stick with that.
Gilmore is a brilliant guitar player.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:03 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Play them without Roger Waters songs and see how many show up.
I never denied he was a good writer.

Funny thing is, he has a summer home near mine and I have seen him walking around town now and then. Usually, when I see a famous musician I try to strike up a conversation about music. Some are receptive, some not, but with Waters, I have no desire to talk to him. He is such a horrible human being that I can't look up to him as a musician anymore. He once played at a little bar in town, and at the time I was so upset that I missed it. Now I'm glad I did.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:05 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Love Pink Floyd music... care less about the band...

Old 07-11-2017, 10:05 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I know Springsteen is talented but I just don't get the attraction to his music. I have heard his shows are full of energy and last all night.
I never got the appeal of Springsteen at all. I would rather get a tooth pulled than listen to 3+ hours of his music. Lots of so-called classic rock falls into this same category for me, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Eagles, etc.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:08 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Pink Floyd is over. Waters is just a former member of a band performing without the band. Not worth the price of those tickets, and three nights in a row at venues...but if people will pay it why not.

I had some middle aged fanboy at another concert bragging to me he was taking his kid to see Waters, and how it was going to be the experience of a lifetime for the kid. Uh, ok. The kid probably fell asleep.
That would be hard. His shows- like Floyd's- are filled with huge props and videos. Walls, inflatable pigs, goofy costumes, etc.

I love Pink Floyd, but watching their show or one by Waters and you see why Punk began.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:08 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Gilmore is a brilliant guitar player.
Yes. He is. Look at any list of best guitar solos of all time, and Comfortably Numb will be on that list, and usually towards the top of the list.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW ORLEANS – People likened Pink Floyd front man Roger Waters' packed show in New Orleans overnight to propaganda and were frustrated with the second half of the show being devoted to Waters' hatred of President Donald Trump.

Attendees told WBRZ, Water featured images of war and protests on giant screens as he performed. During one set, a pig with Donald Trump's image on it floated above the heads of spectators. Graphics spelled out “Trump is a pig” throughout the performance.

People frustrated when La. concert turns into an anti-Trump rally
This isn't a new thing, Waters has been doing this for a while. Maybe know who you're going to see before you buy tickets?

Old 07-11-2017, 10:10 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
People who are fans of Pink Floyd are not going to put with anti-Trump bull s***. I'd demand a refund.
Haha... for real? Do you even listen to the lyrics to their songs?

Old 07-11-2017, 10:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no Pink Floyd without Roger Waters. After Barrett left, he wrote or did most of the co-writing of everything. It's his words and ideas you go see.

ha ha charade you are
Momentary Lapse Of Reason, and The Division Bell were both very good albums, without him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies