Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 04:40 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Shut up and sing.
...and fire up a joint...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 04:47 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW ORLEANS – People likened Pink Floyd front man Roger Waters' packed show in New Orleans overnight to propaganda and were frustrated with the second half of the show being devoted to Waters' hatred of President Donald Trump.

Attendees told WBRZ, Water featured images of war and protests on giant screens as he performed. During one set, a pig with Donald Trump's image on it floated above the heads of spectators. Graphics spelled out “Trump is a pig” throughout the performance.

People frustrated when La. concert turns into an anti-Trump rally

So sad... I grew up with Pink Floyd! Money was the hit of the time that was played at my Jr High graduation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
...and fire up a joint...
Not before 10p bro

Old 07-11-2017, 04:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So sad... I grew up with Pink Floyd! Money was the hit of the time that was played at my Jr High graduation.

Not before 10p bro
Money is a statement on society.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
It's art. Anything can happen.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:08 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Officials want Nassau Events to cancel Roger Waters concert | Newsday

Quote:
Waters has been labeled an anti-Semite by the Anti-Defamation League. His concerts often feature visuals such a flying pig emblazoned with a Star of David.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
$300 per ticket and VIP sections?

Is he selling Wall golf balls too?
Yes.

Is this a new concept for you? Anti-capitalists who make money? Gee, I'm sorry. This isn't a new thing.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,307,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Love Pink Floyd.
Can't stand Roger Waters.
This. Pink Floyd was a great band 40 years ago. Now it's time for Roger to hang it up and call it a day and stop trying to pretend he is any good. Hasn't wrote anything remotely good or groundbreaking since the 70's yet still pretends he's cool and not a total douche.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Pink Floyd was never a favorite of mine and this wasn't them anyway. British bands have always tended to stick their noses out in commentary on American politics. The Beatles sort of kicked that trend off. Personally I can care less what Waters thinks about our country. His own has its issues, and he could stay busy enough playing to his fans there, but I guess he's just doing as Romans do with the venue here.

I used to like Floyd well enough. However the classic rock stations here have quite burned me out on them and Zeppelin as well. And a couple specific US bands. One can count on hearing Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and Van Halen offered up in just about every play set. Meh. I can't care what any band or celebrity types think of US leadership and policies. Thankfully, I don't have to listen to any of them.
Interestingly enough, The Beatles were against the ginormous taxes England imposed on their income. No matter. Still one of my faves.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Like I said, I was equally cheezed at the liberal AND conservative nonsense.

I mean, be an effin professional and do your damn job. I don't preach politics in the middle of seeing patients.

"Wait! Stop CPR. I'd like to share My ALREADY WELL-KNOWN and highly irrelevant political opinions with everyone in this room."

My mechanic or plumber or electrician doesn't stop working to stand there and give me his opinions about the election.

I mean, geezus. So disrespectful.
I respect artists and I understand their sole purpose isn't to kiss my arse and appeal to MY sensitivities.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:28 PM

11,268 posts, read 11,032,046 times
If I stopped listening to (or watching) every artist or actor that was opposite of my political liking it would be a very lonely and boring world. I can always get past their views and respect their work. I recognize no one is perfect and we all have flaws....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies