Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 01:22 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's a ridiculous concept. So ridiculous that the fools automatically jumped on the 'it's satire!' train without doing further research on the site.

Yet they're jumping on you for saying the concept is ridiculous.

Critical thinking doesn't seem to be their thing.
Haha Yeah, it's like people find it to be satire, but...this is really how some people think/are. Takes 5 mins just to look around to see what it's about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 01:22 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yikes!

Everything is racism these days. I don't have a racial preference, a hot man is a hot man. But I don't believe people who have racial preferences are racists. Such belief is too extreme.
IMO, racism implies a behavior or belief that results in a negative impact to a particular racial group. If one likes to have sex only with Mexicans that is not racism, as this person suggests, not only because Mexicans are not a race, but also because unless you are exceptionally kinky, I don't imagine most Mexicans would fell insulted or uncomfortable about it.

Interesting, that in a face-off between progressive interpretations of racial equality and sexual freedom, also presumably a progressive value, race politics wins over the absolute freedom to choose your own partners without social stigma.

Its like supporting cultural diversity even in cases when one of those diverse groups sanctions the public stoning of women and the execution of gay men.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:34 PM

471 posts, read 826,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
https://medusamagazine.com/youre-a-b...h-a-gay-friend

Really can't even make this stuff up anymore.

What is happening to our society?
So Tolerant! Hey, as long as it's not forced bootybanditry, what's the problem? A little bit of social coercion is not really coercion for God's sake! Embrace vibrant enrichment.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:37 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
So Tolerant! Hey, as long as it's not forced bootybanditry, what's the problem? A little bit of social coercion is not really coercion for God's sake! Embrace vibrant enrichment.

Yeah dude, "its only skin."

Old 07-19-2017, 01:41 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
IMO, racism implies a behavior or belief that results in a negative impact to a particular racial group. If one likes to have sex only with Mexicans that is not racism, as this person suggests, not only because Mexicans are not a race, but also because unless you are exceptionally kinky, I don't imagine most Mexicans would fell insulted or uncomfortable about it.

Interesting, that in a face-off between progressive interpretations of racial equality and sexual freedom, also presumably a progressive value, race politics wins over the absolute freedom to choose your own partners without social stigma.

Its like supporting cultural diversity even in cases when one of those diverse groups sanctions the public stoning of women and the execution of gay men.
The far left wants us all to jump into one big pile and get busy. No preferences or its bigotry. Except for conservative white men, they can stay out of the pile.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:02 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
While some of you may be laughing, there are people out there right now who are trying to push such a narrative. This particular story may be satire, but you wait a few years and see how this becomes a talking point in the mainstream. I'm not kidding, there's people out there actually telling others this very type of thing, and they are telling people that if someone is a transvestite, and you won't sleep with them, you're a bigot.

By the way, the OP is not a Conservative. Got some real dumb asses on here, don't we.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:30 PM

471 posts, read 826,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
While some of you may be laughing, there are people out there right now who are trying to push such a narrative. This particular story may be satire, but you wait a few years and see how this becomes a talking point in the mainstream. I'm not kidding, there's people out there actually telling others this very type of thing, and they are telling people that if someone is a transvestite, and you won't sleep with them, you're a bigot.

By the way, the OP is not a Conservative. Got some real dumb asses on here, don't we.
Embrace Di-versity. Don't fight it. Just lay back and enjoy the vibrant enrichment...

Old 07-19-2017, 02:32 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
This is likely some satire.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:05 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

^^ Pretty much sums up what I've been thinking as I've read through this thread. The writings in the link can be down played as satire but this viewpoint does actually represent a section of thinking out there. Truth is often stranger than fiction. There are people out there with some VERY radical views LGBTSQWXYZ. There are these "centers" where they purport to "reorient" gay people. Reprogram or whatever they call it. Pretty out there stuff.

By the same token there are lesbian and gays who have it in their heads they can "convert" heterosexual men and women. And they have some pretty sick and twisted methods of their own. The link in this thread may be satire, but personally I see no humor in it. None at all. I find no humor in sexually based innuendo of any kind. It's crass, lewd,
shows a complete lack of intelligence and yes...it's offensive. At least I find it to be so. Have damn good reason to feel thus.

Stuff like that isn't humorous. I'm going to be a bit more objective to the OP than some and say I can see how the piece could be taken as being serious just as easy as seeing it as satire. I won't dignify it by calling it humor. The people who do actually feel this way would see it as vindication, validation, affirmation. Not satire. How something like that is interpreted depends greatly on one's own personal vews. To me there's better "humor" in the smell that comes off a dairys slurry pond.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:14 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
99% of gay people would never believe this.

Trust, regular gay folk are already the subject of social justice warrior-ism themselves.

Gay white men, for example, have essentially been told that they are barely part of the community, since they are white and male. They have also been told that it is RACIST for them to only have sexual attraction only to other whites. But, POC explicitly can have sex exclusively with their own race.

Also, trans have attacked gay men who don't want to have sex with someone without a penis. And lesbians have been attacked as transphobic if they don't want to have sex with a woman who has a penis.

Social justice warriors are a very vocal fringe. They are intellectual terrorists. We need to stop giving them the oxygen of publicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies