Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
About Us

“What is Medusa Magazine?”
Medusa Magazine is a Feminist blog that is dedicated to promoting diversity and multicultural values.

Not satire. But funny nonetheless.

I wanted to believe that it was satire also, but the source of the article suggests otherwise.
If it were satire, the question would be "who is it satirizing?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly. I was about to post the same thing. The OP expresses dismay at what is happening to our society, implying he absolutely does believe it. Then it's shown to him how stupid it is and he pretends he never believed it to begin with.

Hilarious. It's like the OP doesn't think we're capable of scrolling back up to read his first post of the thread. The stupid just keeps on rolling along...

The fact that you feel the need to post 2 paragraphs about someone who simply posted a link to an article and you came to this conclusion says more about you than anything else.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
ah it's probably just tongue in cheek.
Even if it isn't, so what? If it's OK for Alex Jones to throw emotional fits in public over human/animal hybrids, then it is surely OK for the author of this piece to think that "bud sex" (I like the phrase, thanks to the previous poster) should be OK within gender lines as well as across them. Friends-with-benefits has been a thing since about forever.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I wanted to believe that it was satire also, but the source of the article suggests otherwise.
If it were satire, the question would "who is it satirizing?"

And I'm reading other articles like this one, which don't appear to be satire.

https://medusamagazine.com/why-racia...ces-are-racist

Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

The fact that you feel the need to post 2 paragraphs about someone who simply posted a link to an article and you came to this conclusion says more about you than anything else.
The fact that you posted this at all, starting out all offended and then pretending you're not, says everything that we need to know about you.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:

Trying too hard, buddy. All I did was post the article. It's just a funny article, imo.

Why the attacks on me for literally no reason? Trying to make yourself feel better about yourself?
I'm pointing out your back pedaling. Did you not realize we can see your OP? You keep telling yourself you didn't take it seriously, lol. We know better, which is why we're laughing at you. Fail.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Satire or not it's pretty disgusting nonetheless.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The fact that you posted this at all, starting out all offended and then pretending you're not, says everything that we need to know about you.
Where was I offended? LOL. Where did I say I believed this? LOL.

You're digging yourself a deeper hole, here, not me. Keep going though.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm pointing out your back pedaling. Did you not realize we can see your OP? You keep telling yourself you didn't take it seriously, lol. We know better, which is why we're laughing at you. Fail.
Show me where I backpeddled and said I believed this article, then you'd have a legit argument. But I never said that. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Only fail I see is someone being so triggered by a fluff piece article.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:55 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Where was I offended? LOL. Where did I say I believed this? LOL.

You're digging yourself a deeper hole, here, not me. Keep going though.
Says the guy who thought this was worthy of a thread to begin with. Your continued efforts to explain yourself are making this thread funnier than your initial backtracking. Carry on. We're all enjoying your futile protests to the contrary. Funny stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies