Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
lol no I don't.
Quote:
https://medusamagazine.com/youre-a-b...h-a-gay-friend

Really can't even make this stuff up anymore.

What is happening to our society?
Lol, yeah, you do. You're simply trying to backpedal because you feel stupid now. And you should feel stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 09:40 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Transgender people are complaining about non-transgendered people not wanting to date them. That is not satire.

Ah, so they are like any other single person that doesn't look like a supermodel or the Rock or doesn't have the gift of gab. You can't always date who you like to date it is just life. I so wanted to date Sandra Bullock after JJ screwed her over... should wouldn't give me the time of the day, and my wife wouldn't be too happy about it.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
About Us

“What is Medusa Magazine?”
Medusa Magazine is a Feminist blog that is dedicated to promoting diversity and multicultural values.

Not satire. But funny nonetheless.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:44 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Lol, yeah I would think it is satire. Google "bud sex" , I saw the term come up in my FB feed...supposedly is it more common now. Not for this guy.
Looks like its mostly among guys who live in rural, conservative areas. I'm surprised I've not heard of it living where I do. Any guy who would have sex with another guy is gay or at least bi. "Bud sex" seems to be just an outlet for closeted gay/bi guys to release tension in environments where it's not acceptable to be gay. My guess is its similar to the homoeroticism you commonly see in evangelical Christian youth groups.

As a closeted gay guy myself, I can attest that there are parts of the US where saying "I'm gay" is one of the most socially damning things you can say. Yet, there are LGBT people everywhere. This is pretty much the white, rural equivalent of "down low brothers" in the black community.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:45 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:

That was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

It's satire right? Surely, it is. Just looking through their websites makes me think this is actually meant to poke fun at feminism and social justice, not an affirmation of said values.

No one thinks it's bigoted to not have sex with a man if you don't want to.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:45 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, yeah, you do. You're simply trying to backpedal because you feel stupid now. And you should feel stupid.
Exactly. I was about to post the same thing. The OP expresses dismay at what is happening to our society, implying he absolutely does believe it. Then it's shown to him how stupid it is and he pretends he never believed it to begin with.

Hilarious. It's like the OP doesn't think we're capable of scrolling back up to read his first post of the thread. The stupid just keeps on rolling along...

Old 07-19-2017, 09:46 AM

810 posts, read 668,110 times
ah it's probably just tongue in cheek.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:48 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:

Never heard of this magazine, looks pretty sleazy.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:48 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Trying too hard, buddy. All I did was post the article. It's just a funny article, imo.

Why the attacks on me for literally no reason? Trying to make yourself feel better about yourself?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
In college, a lesbian told me "..everybody was sexually fluid, so you should try new things" (meaning, do it with her)

She has her opinions and i know what I like. I think it should be the end of the story. Lucky for me, she didn't say I was a bigot although she didn't agree with me when I said, "I just don't find women attractive." lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies