Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:38 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many still hate Vick for what he did to dogs. However, he served his jail time, paid his debt to society, and seemingly reformed. He has also now been hired by Fox to do commentary after his comeback in the NFL. We, as a nation give second chances when someone reforms. Is that not OK? This has no relation to current political protesters at all. NONE.

Of course it does, Vick committed a crime and he still played. No crime had been committed by kneeling though. Stop being so uptight. Why are people being condemned for using their first madmen rights. You many not agree but it is their right

Old 09-23-2017, 10:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You guys have no problem with someone like Michael Vicks abusing dogs yet he got hired. Yet, omg kneeling is a sin that isn't forgiven lol
You have no idea what my opinion is about Michael Vick. I never mentioned him.

I also stated the players have a right to do what they're doing and the owners of the team / the league have a right to start penalizing them or canning them.

Anyone who protests anything while they're on the job is taking a big risk and isn't too bright. That's FACT.

You seem very confused, Natalie.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Of course it does, Vick committed a crime and he still played. No crime had been committed by kneeling though. Stop being so uptight. Why are people being condemned for using their first madmen rights. You many not agree but it is their right
It is their right. It is our right to voice disagreement, and not watch. It is the NFL's right to not hire them. While no crime has been committed by disrespecting the U.S. the conduct is unsuitable for much of the NFL's customers. It is a business. Michael Vick paid his debt, and reformed. Different deal. You didn't see him murdering dogs on the sidelines every game, or talking about murdering dogs.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree with you alot. And this is why. You mention that "we cut Blacks alot of slack because of White guilt". The only White people I see cutting Blacks any slack are young liberals. Apart from that, there is alot of complaining directed towards Blacks. Keapernick can't seem to find a team that wants him. Muhammad Ali lost some years of his career because he refused to serve in Vietnam. John Carlos and Tommy Smith were banned from the Olympics after they made their Black Panther salute.

Something else. I know a few things about Mexico. Whites make up much of Mexico's elites. I don't think many Mexicans of European descent have much to worry about in terms of police harassment.

And here is how I would explain Blacks in the USA. You cannot compare Whites in Mexico to Blacks in the USA. Blacks, for the most part, are descended from people who did not volunteer to come to the USA. They came as slaves and then after slavery, the ravages of Jim Crow. That's over, but Blacks are still the most looked down on group in America. The way I see it, Blacks are not likely to be cut much slack, but said persons who are "taking the knee" don't really care. Thet pretty much know that they will be looked down on no matter what. You can't compare Mexicans and Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico to Blacks in the USA. You especially cannot compare Hispanics of European descent to Black Americans. Far different histories.
Conservatives cut blacks slack when it's warranted......when the hands up don't shoot propaganda came out that was B.S. that liberal whites fed into it and there was NO reason to cut them slack and feed the ignorance. It does blacks more harm than good. I will fight for anyone any injustice and violation of their rights regardless of race, gender and sexual orientation or religion but when I see bullshiat and a culture of victimization and hate and destruction then like the Beatles Revolution song goes "Brother you can count me out"

You don't think Racism EXIST in the institutions in Mexico and Latin countries?......you just said White Latinos are the elites on T.V. and in society, you won't see many native-indians looking Mexicans on T.V. in their enteirtemnent industry or high office in government.

and the Mexican police are very corrupt and very abusive to the Natives Indians of their country and the illegal immigrants from Central America. Just because you are white Mexican doesn't mean the Mexican police won't harass you. They will even kidnap you for money.....don't get me started with all the bullshiat that goes down in Mexico.

You don't think Latin countries had any Black SLAVES for centuries????? try Cuba, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama and the many islands in the Atlantic.....do you see any of their black athletes being disrespectful to their flag and national anthem because they have a beef with their history on slavery???? NO!!! they moved on because they don't have that propaganda fed to them as children.

Go to Brazil, Portugal was the KING of slavery in the Americas and they were brutal. Do you see the black athletes in Brazil who are poorer by far than blacks in the U.S.A being resentful to Brazil and their flag and national anthem? NO!!!

In Puerto Rico, slavery lasted longer than the U.S.A, it lasted until 1873. Do you see any black Puerto Rican athlete being disrespectful to the Puerto Rican National Anthem and P.R. FLAG because their ancestors were brought to Puerto Rico by chains centuries ago? NO!

you know why, because we have spoiled blacks in our country and cut them too much slack....it is white guilt that comes from the left. It has done them more harm than good. You don't see that in any of the Latin Countries because they don't play the victim card or the white guilt card to excuse bad behavior and being disrespectful to others and the country.

Blacks in Africa and Blacks in Latin countries see the American Blacks and call them spoiled. Compare to them, they have it good and still they complain a lot and are disrespectful to the flag and over play the culture of victimization.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Well if it's more reverent to kneel then why are you folks making such a BFD about it. If that is so, then why aren't you praising them for their great show of respect? You're right. "We aren't dealing with rational folks when talking about these athletes." It works both ways. LOL.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Conservatives cut blacks slack when it's warranted......when the hands up don't shoot propaganda came out that was B.S. that liberal whites fed into it and there was NO reason to cut them slack and feed the ignorance. It does blacks more harm than good. I will fight for anyone any injustice and violation of their rights regardless of race, gender and sexual orientation or religion but when I see bullshiat and a culture of victimization and hate and destruction then like the Beatles Revolution song goes "Brother you can count me out"

You don't think Racism EXIST in the institutions in Mexico and Latin countries?......you just said White Latinos are the elites on T.V. and in society, you won't see many native-indians looking Mexicans on T.V. in their enteirtemnent industry or high office in government.

and the Mexican police are very corrupt and very abusive to the Natives Indians of their country and the illegal immigrants from Central America. Just because you are white Mexican doesn't mean the Mexican police won't harass you. They will even kidnap you for money.....don't get me started with all the bullshiat that goes down in Mexico.

You don't think Latin countries had any Black SLAVES for centuries????? try Cuba, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama and the many islands in the Atlantic.....do you see any of their black athletes being disrespectful to their flag and national anthem because they have a beef with their history on slavery???? NO!!! they move on.

Go to Brazil, Portugal was the KING of slavery in the Americas and they were brutal. Do you see the black athletes in Brazil who are poorer by far than blacks in the U.S.A being resentful to Brazil and their flag and national anthem? NO!!!

In Puerto Rico, slavery lasted longer than the U.S.A, it lasted until 1873. Do you see any black Puerto Rican athlete being disrespectful to the Puerto Rican National Anthem and P.R. FLAG because their ancestors were brought to Puerto Rico by chains centuries ago? NO!

you know why, because we have spoiled blacks in our country and cut them too much slack....it is white guilt that comes from the left. It has done them for harm than good. You don't see that in any of the Latin Countries because they don't play the victim card or the white guilt card to excuse bad behavior and being disrespectful to others.

Blacks in Africa and Blacks in Latin countries see the American Blacks and call them spoiled. Compare to them, they have it good and complain a lot and are disrespectful to the flag.
It's a piece of cloth. How about caring about the treatment of real human beings?

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is their right. It is our right to voice disagreement, and not watch. It is the NFL's right to not hire them. While no crime has been committed by disrespecting the U.S. the conduct is unsuitable for much of the NFL's customers. It is a business. Michael Vick paid his debt, and reformed. Different deal. You didn't see him murdering dogs on the sidelines every game, or talking about murdering dogs.
Agreed, and it's the President's right to express his opinion.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:52 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The players are part of a union. While what you're saying sounds cute (in a bigotry type of way), there wont be an NFL without the players. Period! The players hold the majority of the power in this business model.. No one shows up to watch the team owners...
No, no, no... the power is with the NFL viewers. They stop watching, going to games and your million dollar paycheck goes down the tube.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:57 PM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Keep all the players off the field until after the anthem is played.

Keep the politics away from the game without jeopardizing anyones 1st Amendment rights.
Yeah, terrible idea. Then all the players would be assumed to be protesting.

It boggles my mind that so many Americans are so 'triggered' by these acts of protest. If only they were so offended by the actual life conditions of so many areas of this country--like the one you and I know pretty well (Buffalo)

Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies