Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Reading these threads it's as if Americans desire yet another war. So be it. I tried to talk folks out of Iraq but they wouldn't listen. This time we won't be picking on some a-rabs with a couple scuds (China).

War with China would be unthinkable because nuke is the ONLY way it can go. They have intentionally kept their nuke count low to avoid "arms races" with the US and Russia, yet it would be their only choice if we decided to even touch their mainland.

Watch what you wish for. Then again, I think enough Americans hate the world (their lives) enough that they might welcome the end of it. After all, that was the purpose of much of the Trump vote "we'll show them by creating chaos".

If you have kids...think of them. Basically the world would take a century or more to recover....even then, we'd have to deal with the DNA mutations, etc.

My suggestion is to stop talking about and reading about nukes. Words and thoughts tend to turn into deeds when enough attention is put into them.
you are assuming that the US will go to war with china. but as china has already said, if NK attacks the US and the US retaliates, then china will remain neutral. if the US attacks first though, then its on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 08:38 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
China is irrelevant.

If the USA decides that a strike is needed on NK, it will happen regardless of China.

If China decides to get involved, it becomes a target as well. This isn't the 1950s. China's military is a paper tiger. It is no match for the USA.
And I could not care about you lunacy, thing is the idiot you elected has the same idiotic point of view.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:21 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
The US could soundly defeat China in a conventional war. They need to realize that a miscalculation on their part could mean the end of their communist party and life as they know it...

Old 08-11-2017, 10:32 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The US could soundly defeat China in a conventional war. They need to realize that a miscalculation on their part could mean the end of their communist party and life as they know it...
And now you want to go to war with China??? I'm sorry but if Trumps goes through with his rhetoric, we will have world war 3. And we will have no allies because Trump has alienated them.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And now you want to go to war with China??? I'm sorry but if Trumps goes through with his rhetoric, we will have world war 3. And we will have no allies because Trump has alienated them.
Who said I wanted to go to war with China? People love to put words in the mouths of others here..

I was just stating a fact.

Trump is an idiot and hopefully he doesn't get us into a war before he's impeached...

Old 08-11-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Who said I wanted to go to war with China? People love to put words in the mouths of others here..

I was just stating a fact.

Trump is an idiot and hopefully he doesn't get us into a war before he's impeached...
Oh sorry But, unfortunately I think he will get us into another war because he can't keep his mouth shut.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:11 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
The US could soundly defeat China in a conventional war.
A conventional war? Not hardly. Not even for a moment.

China would swallow up American conventional forces. The US can't defeat China conventionally anywhere their soldiers can walk to.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:25 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

China would swallow up American conventional forces. The US can't defeat China conventionally anywhere their soldiers can walk to.
I agree. China just has too many soldiers and too much tenacity and If they are anything like the Japanese in WW2 were. That's was why we went nuke because it cost too many American lives to try and defeat them. We didn't have the stomach for it then and we surely don't now.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:

I fought in Iraq in 2003 and 2004 and know what the US military can do first hand. Where is your informed opinion coming from?

Old 08-11-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:

I have never been to China. Is it like Vietnam where we fought in the jungles and lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies