Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 02:20 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Crime is related to not only poverty, but lack of opportunity, guns, drugs, etc.

Show me the access to guns and drugs in these communites you speak of. And your only using Orthodox Jews as an example of a racial social heirarchy that says black and brown people are inferiors.

El Salvador, Colombia, Mexico, Brasil, Honduras have some of the most dangerous cities on Earth, and the highest homicide rates on the planet. You used crime as an example. So what do poor black American neighborhoods that these neighborhoods don't. Explain that.
Crime is related to not being civilized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 02:25 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoit View Post
Just back then? Stuff like this is still happening today. They call us violent and uneducated when in reality throughout history a lot of what white people have accomplished was made possible through violence, genocide, and other disgusting acts. I find it hard to believe they, as a whole, will ever change.
Well back then it was incredibly blatant. The more I learn the crazier I have to look at people who speak so poorly of African-Americans. They are extremely resilient...amazingly so.

I agree with you regarding how whites accomplished much of what they did. But honestly, that is a human problem. Which group you see committing such acts really depends on the specific point in time.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Because the premise of the thread is that there is more violent crime among black people than among white people. And statistics prove that out.

YOU want to ignore statistics because they confirm what the OP is saying.

Or do you not understand the simple concept of context?
Correct. Stats prove the OP is correct.

That's why sane folks ignore inner city neighborhoods, as their odds of escaping unharmed would decrease if they went into those urban jungles.

If I had to take my train in an area I dislike at 8 pm, I'd quit the job, search in an area that was safer. Even in daylight, I am off that street in 4 minutes flat each time.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:28 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I don't think that giving welfare is the solution. It will only prevent hunger riots and will contain the violence mainly into the AA communities.
The solution for me is injecting values in those people.
Injecting values? Which values? German/Brit (anglo-saxon) values? As you know, these entailed having vast numbers of people as slaves (virtual or otherwise) upon whose shoulders those anglos sat.

American values? These were land grants, the gold rush, the oil boom and the vast resources which were given away or sold cheap...or, which required money from Wall Street and London to develop (those two places, for example, deforested WV and bought the mineral rights, etc.)....

Don't you think if the full employment (high wages, good benefits, etc.) of the war years had gone onward for the black community...that their values would have automatically been raised? I think it actually did happen - you will find the MANY of the black college grads of the last 40-50 years were the result of families that fronted them at least some money and values...which they then took advantage of.

The bigger problem today - among whites (opiates, suicide, drinking) and blacks is that of hopelessness, which is born out of lack of education and opportunity. IMHO, anyway.

I was born on 3rd base and probably made it to home plate. It wasn't that hard - even though I refused many (most?) of the advantages my parents wanted to provide to me (college, etc.)....

But without a "stake" one has nothing. Nothing.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Injecting values? Which values? .
Taking advantage of a free k-12 education, student loans and scholarships 13-16th, have a work ethic, volunteer to network with successful people, do not commit any crime, do not have children before you are 100% economically independent with surplus income to care for a newborn, sty away from drugs, gangs, derelicts..

Polar opposite: http://www.albany.edu/scj/jcjpc/vol2is5/deviancy.html

Old 08-26-2017, 02:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Chicago in 1910 was the most dangerous city in the world - and it was at that time 90 percent white.
Were whites not "civilized" yet?

Old 08-26-2017, 02:35 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Great. Then Rome, ancient china, Japan (which had plenty of crime) weren't civilized. Great.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoit View Post
Just back then? Stuff like this is still happening today. They call us violent and uneducated when in reality throughout history a lot of what white people have accomplished was made possible through violence, genocide, and other disgusting acts. I find it hard to believe they, as a whole, will ever change.
Look at what those gangsters did in Chicago in the 1920s and 1930's - machine guns blazing away from moving vehicles. Heck, even today we rarely have automatic weapons being sprayed at cars by 5 or 6 dudes.

The whole country was a mess - but since we didn't the interweb people often had no idea what was happening elsewhere. Banks were being robbed, people kidnapped, booze smuggled, prostitution and gambling and political corruption were everywhere....and ALL citizens paid for it.

The FBI was established for this exact reason - in 1935. Nothing to do with violent black people - everything to do with violent white folks.

"Early homicide investigations of the new agency included the Osage Indian murders (murders OF Indians by whites). During the "War on Crime" of the 1930s, FBI agents apprehended or killed a number of notorious criminals who carried out kidnappings, robberies, and murders throughout the nation, including John Dillinger, "Baby Face" Nelson, Kate "Ma" Barker, Alvin "Creepy" Karpis, and George "Machine Gun" Kelly."

Old 08-26-2017, 02:36 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Chicago in 1910 was the most dangerous city in the world - and it was at that time 90 percent white.
Were whites not "civilized" yet?
True. But these are facts and statistics that they don't like hearing.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Correct. Stats prove the OP is correct.

That's why sane folks ignore inner city neighborhoods, as their odds of escaping unharmed would decrease if they went into those urban jungles.

If I had to take my train in an area I dislike at 8 pm, I'd quit the job, search in an area that was safer. Even in daylight, I am off that street in 4 minutes flat each time.
I made this thread for several reasons.

First, as you may or may not have noticed, I haven't posted in it since the original post. I've been reading along though. I wanted to see ....

1. Would people try to defend a statement so firmly incorrect in any and all possible ways of measurement because it was race-based?

2. Would anyone condemn the BLM founder for making this statement as it does no favors to the people she allegedly cares about?

3. Because it's not all about black folks...would some self-identified white posters use this soft target to disparage black people in general?

So yes, I ran a psychological experiment on you folks.

And the results, for the most part, mirrored what I expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies