Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 09:38 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Did i say anything about the "bill"?

I don't think I did.

You may think this is not about Trump, I think it has everything to do with Trump.

I am not saying I am right, but it is my opinion.
In a thread largely based on McCain's opposition to the two repeal bills, I asked a rather simple question. Are you in favor of these bills or not? Yes or no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 09:45 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
He's lost it. And that was before the diagnosis.

Not to worry, he is not long for this world. He has an aggressive and deadly cancer that virtually no one survives. It's only a matter of time. Less than 2 years, most likely, and maybe much sooner.

I think he's nuts to go back to work, he should be spending time with family and friends before the grim reaper arrives.
According to many, being sensible means "losing it".

One more addition to the R-list of this forum.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:47 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
In a thread largely based on McCain's opposition to the two repeal bills, I asked a rather simple question. Are you in favor of these bills or not? Yes or no?

First of all, your question has nothing to do with the point i was making. I wasn't talking about the bill, I was talking about my PERSONAL OPINION about McCain.

Secondly, you don't demand an answer because I don't owe you one.

Careful, you’ve fallen into a combat mentality. This allows the conversation to become a zero-sum game, with a winner and a loser. This is not the game I am interested in playing.

All these said, since you asked an interesting question, I don't mind answering.

I agree with McCain on this one, but I don't believe he did it for the people. He did it because of the feud between him and Trump. (My opinion.)

I don't worship McCain, nor do I respect him. war hero or not, he is not somebody I respect.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You mean the value of returning power to the states, those kind of values that the country was founded on? Maybe McCain sees this as a threat to the absolute power of D.C. over the people and therefor a loss of said power?
McCain made it clear, when a bill is passed through regular order all the states via their representatives have a stake in the bill. Things are taken out or put in to make both sides not accept that this is the bill that will pass. When regular order is applied, there is no power. To many people want to see power and there should be none in politics.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
First of all, your question has nothing to do with the point i was making. I wasn't talking about the bill, I was talking about my PERSONAL OPINION about McCain.

Secondly, you don't demand an answer because I don't owe you one.

Careful, you’ve fallen into a combat mentality. This allows the conversation to become a zero-sum game, with a winner and a loser. This is not the game I am interested in playing.

All these said, since you asked an interesting question, I don't mind answering.

I side with McCain on this one, but I don't believe he did it for the people. He did it because of the feud between him and Trump. (My opinion.)
You were making the point in a thread largely about the votes on the two bills, which is why I pushed it. If you made the point in another thread about Trump and McCain that wasn't as focused on the two bills, I likely wouldn't have pushed it.

Now, the other question. Why do you think this is about McCain's views on Trump and not the bill itself? John McCain is still voting the GOP line 75-80% of the time while Trump has been in office, just like he has during the past several decades. He votes with his party more than he doesn't, but voices his opposition when he disagrees. Perhaps, he might be more vocal on certain things, but he has always been vocal.

So why would McCain be voting on something to stick in to Trump on these bills when he has been very specific about his reasons that he isn't in favor of them (especially in regards to what he said it would take to get his vote on the last go around when he voted to open debate). Also, if McCain was going to "stick it to Trump" don't you think he would do it on something Trump was heavily involved in, legislation that Trump had input in or helped craft? And not just something Trump favored, but had no involvement in?

Old 09-23-2017, 10:00 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
McCain is the only smart person of this bunch he is trying to get a bill passed not some back room cooked up junk passed by a slim majority which in a couple of years will swing the other way when Democrats are in control.

You think this majority control for GOP is going to hold pass the next election your out of your mind. Voters are going to do away with this majority no one likes the feeling of an unchecked government that is how Dems feel right now they will come out and vote these guys out of office the senate will swing back to Dem control possibly the house as well. Then your going to have a lame duck president until he is done.

I'm a republican I'm from Arizona I think McCain is doing the right thing here he wants a health care law that will not change every 3-4 years. If you want to go backwards to the old days of health care your a fool.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
You were making the point in a thread largely about the votes on the two bills, which is why I pushed it. If you made the point in another thread about Trump and McCain that wasn't as focused on the two bills, I likely wouldn't have pushed it.

Now, the other question. Why do you think this is about McCain's views on Trump and not the bill itself? John McCain is still voting the GOP line 75-80% of the time while Trump has been in office, just like he has during the past several decades. He votes with his party more than he doesn't, but voices his opposition when he disagrees. Perhaps, he might be more vocal on certain things, but he has always been vocal.

So why would McCain be voting on something to stick in to Trump on these bills when he has been very specific about his reasons that he isn't in favor of them (especially in regards to what he said it would take to get his vote on the last go around when he voted to open debate). Also, if McCain was going to "stick it to Trump" don't you think he would do it on something Trump was heavily involved in, legislation that Trump had input in or helped craft? And not just something Trump favored, but had no involvement in?
Do you mind if I move on at this moment?

NO offense, I am not interested in answering random questions. Maybe another time.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:04 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
It's very simple: when the chips are down, McCain supports continued tyranny and de facto slavery.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Do you mind if I move on at this moment?

NO offense, I am not interested in answering random questions. Maybe another time.
I don't see how what I asked was random questions.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational, You mentioned you felt it was basically about McCain trying to stick it to Trump, so I was trying to figure out why you felt that way.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I don't see how what I asked was random questions.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational, You mentioned you felt it was basically about McCain trying to stick it to Trump, so I was trying to figure out why you felt that way.
ok maybe next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies