Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 02:31 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How are you going to check EVERY gun free zone? Metal detectors everywhere, wanding, x-ray to get into every city?

We already have a Federal Law the states agreed to a long time ago that states have illegally disrespected. It is called the SECOND AMENDMENT. Please read the Constitution.
I am one of those that believe

A) The second amendment was and says it was for militia's.

B) They had no way of knowing how firepower changed over the years.

C) If the second amendment is so " sacred " then why are there ANY regulations at all? Don't the current US gun control laws fly in the face of it?

D) following an amendment written in the 18th century about 18th century technology in the 21st century is madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you both have a big problem called the second amendment. it was created to PREVENT the government from regulating firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens. so all you need to do is get the second amendment repealed, and you are good to go.
Rules and guidelines are created and changed to suit the needs of the people. If the majority of Americans wish to see a change to an Amendment then that will happen. I wouldn't repeal the second amendment, I would just add wordage that would make it only applicable to state militias.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:34 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Yeah, I know that. But you're trying to influence our policies of which you have no business doing. You don't live, work, vote, or pay taxes here.

I just resent it when foreigners interject themselves in our affairs. Sorry about that. I don't suggest how you run your country nor do I interject in your countries affairs on the internet or anywhere else. I guess I would expect the same.
Wow, I had no idea I had so much power! Who knew posting on CD could influence US policies?

As for " foreigners " interjecting...I suggest you see what your fellow citizens on CD do and say about foreign affairs...then move onto your government.

EDIT: As for why I care more about what happens in the US than say Italy? Because I have family and friend in the US.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:35 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,530,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Correct, I think that the only legal guns should be single-shot bolt-action rifles, revolvers, and double-barrel shotguns. I think this should've been put into place 50 years ago.
<>
Those weapons were very effective in the three greatest shootings in American history, which all occurred before the invention of the auto loading rifle.
"Go look it up"

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
maybe. when people are packed in like sardines, aim becomes somewhat irrelevant.

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
The same kind of fools that thought Prohibition and drug laws would stop drinking and drug use are the ones that think gun laws will work.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:36 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Does that molded piece of plastic look like something a 3d printer is incapable of, given the level of complexity 3d printers are currently capable of? Does it look like something that couldn't have a metal mold created to fabricate them on a large scale?

Knowledge and technology are out there, in the public domain. There are dozens of resources on the regular web that give detailed instructions on all sorts of bad things. FFS, McVeigh got a good chunk of his idea out of a single book. Do we outlaw books and knowledge too?

Yep, banning just about anything these days is fast becoming largely symbolic.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Those weapons were very effective in the three greatest shootings in American history, which all occurred before the invention of the auto loading rifle.
"Go look it up"
The greatest shootings in American history have all occured within the past few years.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:37 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
just because KC said it doesnt make it untrue. the fact is that the bump stocks were made legal during the obama administration, so the democrats own that.
They were not made legal, the ATF had no authority to regulate them. If it was simply an ATF issue then why do you suppose legislation is required to ban them. Feinstein’s assault weapons bill in 2013 included a ban on bump stocks but it failed.

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-05-2017 at 03:33 PM..

Old 10-05-2017, 02:39 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The ATF under Obama at the time decided it was a part.

Post-Vegas, Conway blames Obama's ATF - CNNPolitics
Impossible, repubs for 8 years said Obama was on the verge of taking everyone’s guns, so did the NRA, who was lying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies