Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 12:20 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think there's a DNA sharing somewhere in your background between you and Chucky.

In all your posts you refer to Puerto Rico government in it's entirety as being corrupt but are seemingly willing to exempt the governor from that descriptor due to the fact he's the one guy willing to kiss Trump's butt.

He's the governor for crying out loud but supposedly he among all those others is the only one you imply being immune from corruption solely because he's a Trump licker.

Can't have it both ways; either the government is corrupt or it isn't. If the entire government, as you've stated multiple times is corrupt and dependent upon U.S. for handouts, then it would follow the governor is among those dudes and would probably have more reason than others to suck up to Trump.

Give it some thought beyond your usual "Heil Trump" bullcrap.
Give it up. There is nothing to this story but scared and unprepared PR government and their bitter citizens with their hands out.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:21 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think there's a DNA sharing somewhere in your background between you and Chucky. .

What's wrong, don't like the truth, BS?

Old 10-30-2017, 12:26 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,497 times
From all the supporting posts, Trump was right when he said: "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any support." PR needs a reputable company, not a crony of this administration.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:27 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The work hasn't stopped. They have other companies working on restoring power. This one contract was cancelled because as more and more information came out, it was a public relations disaster. The company was subcontracting all the work, and their rates were very high. It's possible that the Puerto Rican power company can contact the subcontractors directly and negotiate more reasonable rates, so that this is barely a hiccup in terms of restoration.
Yeah, you are correct - Whitefish is doing a portion of the restoration. They will be working for the next 30 days before they stop work.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:28 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah, you are correct - Whitefish is doing a portion of the restoration. They will be working for the next 30 days before they stop work.
Don't worry, Elon Musk is going to fly some of his electric cars out there on one of his rockets to power the island. They have nothing to worry about now.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
From all the supporting posts, Trump was right when he said: "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any support." PR needs a reputable company, not a crony of this administration.
They are a reputable company. Ramos was happy with their work.

Read the link I posted on page 1.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Don't worry, Elon Musk is going to fly some of his electric cars out there on one of his rockets to power the island. They have nothing to worry about now.
FYI... from the article I posted...

In a conference call Thursday, JEA said 41 line crew and direct support personnel were about to leave for Puerto Rico to assist in grid reconstruction, the first step of what will include more mainland repair teams.

JEA said it was working with the corps, Whitefish Energy, Crowley Maritime, TOTE Maritime and the Jacksonville Port Authority to deploy line crews and equipment, and to coordinate logistics to support operations in Puerto Rico.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:32 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post

Maybe you can show us where all the complaints about whitefish doing their job, are?

Old 10-30-2017, 12:34 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,203 times
I am normally skeptical of any small company getting the contract but in this case I heard from NPR that the other utilities who normally do such work wanted bigger payment amounts and part of money upfront. Since PR Power authority is bankrupt and cannot do that it went with whitefish who were ready to accept payment later.

They subcontract the work and had the people and machinery in the island and were starting the work and it got cancelled. Wonder how much PR has to pay in cancellation fees.

The island is a mess (cannot use stronger language here) and I really wish it would get independence from USA or become a full fledged state so that it can be governed like the other 50 and not a territory with stupid people governing and bankrupting it.

Last edited by kamban; 10-30-2017 at 12:44 PM..

Old 10-30-2017, 12:37 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
They voted overwhelmingly for statehood

It's their island, if they don't want independence than who are we to argue
They are not a state, they are a territory. Big difference in how taxes are collected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies