Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 01:48 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You're right, I haven't read through 20 pages of posts here.
So you probably shouldn't quote me as if you had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 01:58 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So you probably shouldn't quote me as if you had.
Feel free to ignore me and my responses. I quoted your statement, and you are doing all you can to ignore that you said it and detract from that statement.

Not all of us sit around all day reading page after page, here.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Feel free to ignore me and my responses. I quoted your statement, and you are doing all you can to ignore that you said it and detract from that statement.

Not all of us sit around all day reading page after page, here.
Even if I grant you that yes, you totally missed the context -- I still want to know what goes through someone's head when they read:

"It is unethical to exploit people"

and somehow they translate that into

"We need to eradicate all forms of capitalism"

Like I suppose you'd have to have a really ridiculous interpretation of the word 'exploit'

Old 11-06-2017, 04:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The ultra-rich don't produce anything of value, they simply live off the fruits of others' labor. They feel entitled to your tax dollars, which subsidize their corporations and pay for their wars to get access to markets/resources. When they mess up and their corporations fail, the feel entitled to your tax dollars to pay for their bailouts.

It's time to stop these lazy free loaders from getting rich at our expense. Agree?
So why does the left support welfare deadbeats who feel entitled to the fruits of people who work? You still don't realize that Democrats are the party of the uber rich and the poor only they use the poor to gain your sympathy so you'll support them as they pull on your heat strings to funnel more money to the rich?

Obama was a classic example of this.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So why does the left support welfare deadbeats who feel entitled to the fruits of people who work? You still don't realize that Democrats are the party of the uber rich and the poor only they use the poor to gain your sympathy so you'll support them as they pull on your heat strings to funnel more money to the rich?

Sanders is next in line.

Sorry, Hillary is next in line.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,983 times
Quote:

How much money do you stand to make form this tax plan?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:03 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
It's a complicated question.

I suppose they may be entitled to live off the fruits of people who work directly for them. But that's not the same thing as creating endless tax breaks and windfalls for them.

I love the way that the bailout situations are described: The corporations are capitalist when it comes to accumulating their profits, but communist when it comes to forcing others to join in for their losses.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It's a complicated question.

I suppose they may be entitled to live off the fruits of people who work directly for them. But that's not the same thing as creating endless tax breaks and windfalls for them.

I love the way that the bailout situations are described: The corporations are capitalist when it comes to accumulating their profits, but communist when it comes to forcing others to join in for their losses.
Seriously. "But think of all those poor, needy, wealthy people!! They don't want to do any work because they have to pay taxes!" I'm sorry, but these people aren't going to get a shred of my sympathy when they have enough money to live comfortably without ever working.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
How much money do you stand to make form this tax plan?
Your post shows how little you know about taxation and the tax code lol

You don't "make" money from a tax plan duh! You do however try to be tax efficient so you can legally keep more of your money. Why do Democrats continue to think the money we earn is the gov't money?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Shows how much you know about taxes lol

You don't "make" money from a tax plan. You do however try to be tax efficient so you can legally keep more of your money. Why do Democrats think the money we work to earn is the gov't money?
So you don't stand to gain anything? You know exactly what my question was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies