Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 06:12 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We'd better take a look and follow what those great states, North Korea and Cuba have accomplished by abolishing private capital! Such fantastic examples of societies that have done away with exploitation!
Or you could look at countries like Norway, Finland, Germany, Australia, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 06:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Your post shows how little you know about taxation and the tax code lol

You don't "make" money from a tax plan. You do however try to be tax efficient so you can legally keep more of your money. Why do Democrats continue to think the money we earn is the gov't money?
If you want to get technical about it, it is the government's money. Our currency is property of the US government and Federal Reserve Bank. We just "borrow" it.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:13 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The employees at Walmart are free to find employment anywhere they wish. They aren't forced to do anything.
And when all other similar retailers follow suit (as most have)? Then what?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Sure buddy, let's implement a nationwide service workers union like some other countries have then we'll see what's up. Of course the corporate shills don't want that. America is all about screwing over its workers. That's pretty much the crux of the matter.
There is a national service workers union, the SEIU, but WalMart and Target both refuse to negotiate a collective bargaining agreement with them

Old 11-06-2017, 06:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
So you don't stand to gain anything? You know exactly what my question was.
So I have to be a mind reader now? Better yet, just admit you said what you think. The tax code is 72,000 pages. It has to broken down into parts since it's so complicated and effect everyone according to their situation, it effects people differently according to their situation. From what I understand I will benefit some but isn't that what it's all about?

Why do Democrats think the people keeping more of their money is a bad thing? Obviously Democrats don't want us to keep more of our money. That would mean they want us to be gov't slaves.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:17 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,102,331 times
Quote:
So I have to be a mind reader now? Better yet, just admit you said what you think. The tax code is 72,000 pages. It has to broken down into parts since it's so complicated and effect everyone according to their situation. From what I understand I will benefit some but isn't that what it's all about.

Since when is keeping more of our money a bad thing? Obviously Democrats don't want us to keep more of our money. That would mean they want us to be gov't slaves.

Answer my question. You keep deflecting.

(Also, I thought you previously said the tax code was 82,000 pages?)

Old 11-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If you want to get technical about it, it is the government's money. Our currency is property of the US government and Federal Reserve Bank. We just "borrow" it.
It is not the gov't money. Stop trying to spin it to cover up your being wrong and admit you don't know a damn thing about taxes lol

Old 11-06-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Answer my question. You keep deflecting.

(Also, I thought you previously said the tax code was 82,000 pages?)
aaah the good ole Democrat comment when they don't like the answer... deflect. I'm surprised you didn't call me racist, another go to comment when you don't like or agree with someone lol.

73,954 pages
Our source for this data is the Wolters Kluwer CCH Standard Tax Reporter, which has updated their data through the 2013 tax year: We find that for those filing their personal income taxes on 15 April 2014, they must comply with the terms of a tax code that takes 73,954 pages to explain.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
It is not the gov't money. Stop trying to spin it to cover up your being wrong and admit you don't know a damn thing about taxes lol
Really? If not, then you could just print a fat wad of twenties yourself, couldn't you?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:23 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,102,331 times
Quote:
I did answer, you just didn't like the answer.

73,954 pages
Our source for this data is the Wolters Kluwer CCH Standard Tax Reporter, which has updated their data through the 2013 tax year: We find that for those filing their personal income taxes on 15 April 2014, they must comply with the terms of a tax code that takes 73,954 pages to explain.
No, you conveniently failed to quantify how much you'd benefit from the proposed plan.

Quote:
Do you know anything about the 82,000 page tax code or do you just do the 1040EZ form?
Quote:
This is why people need to educate themselves on the tax code. (all 82,000 pages lol).
Quote:
Yes, I've said this several times. But since details are thin, it makes it easy to break it down piece by piece. Keeping the 82,000 page very complicated tax code....
Quote:
The tax code is 82,000 pages, and it changes all the time. Even if part of the tax code doesn't apply you are aware. You learn more specifics as it applies or you consider purchases or changes,.... asking how does doing x effect me or what is the most tax efficient way and who do you go to to ask questions? A professional who's job is to keep up on the 82,000 page convoluted tax code.
[/b]
Quote:
You can't understand in simple 1040 terms. The tax code is 82,000 pages long and it's very complicated.
Quote:
People need to understand the 82,000 page tax code and why deductions are included before buying the divisive class warfare rhetoric. Actually it's hard and that's why the rich hire experts. As it stands with 82,000 pages....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies