Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 01:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the militia in this country was made up of individuals who had reached the age of majority, and were under the age of 45 iirc. these days the militia is still legal, and still citizens, but usually they are seen as oddballs and extremists, and in some case i dont disagree.

Let ATF and the FBI get wind, a bunch of guys are running around training hard and heavy in tactical domestic warfare.

That never turns out well for "the militia"
Militia's are illegal as the police state has suppressed the free state. Don't be fooled by what is written in the Bill of Rights. That was surrendered upon ratification of the 16th Amendment.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They happen more often than you think. It just isn't a random deal everyone gets shot. one or two individuals get targeted.
I'm not talking disputes between people who know each other. I mean mass shootings.

Every mass shooting is in a rich school, not a poor school.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:07 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times
Guns have always been around...... before a decade ago.. nobody ever gave a 2nd thought to school shootings as there weren't any..

What changed in the last decade.....? Answer that question and fix the problem.

Guns and their availability were around before school shootings were prevalent and it was even easier to get a gun as compared to now......

What changed...... fix THAT... not the gun.. its not the problem

Old 02-16-2018, 01:12 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your emotions are effecting your rationality.

I have the right to own a nuke. Now, do I have what it takes and the desire to make it, or buy it already made. That is my only restrictions if I want it bad enough.
You are unsurprisingly wrong. You have no RIGHT to own any nuclear material.

42 U.S. Code § 2073 - Domestic distribution of special nuclear material

These laws are persuant to the Atomic Energy Act of 1954. This section of US Federal law effectively bans the possession of nuclear weapons by civilians. Even though the law as it’s written does not mention nuclear weapons/warheads specifically. The nuclear materials used in nuclear weapons would fall under this law as controlled nuclear materials.

Also all weapons grade nuclear materials are owned by Department of Energy in the US, so even if possible to own the bomb itself, you couldn't own the fuel necessary to arm it.

Before you condescendingly talk down to another poster at least have an inclination about what you are talking about.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:15 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Whose life? Those of the Parkland kids? They died for the 2nd amendment. Not voluntarily of course. Also the people in Orlando died for the 2nd amendment. As did those in Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Sutherland Springs.

A lot of people died for the 2nd amendment. In a different kind of setting, kids in Chicago and Baltimore die for it every night.

Let's not kid ourselves. A handful of people here, no more, have ever sacrificed even a finger nail for the constitution or any amendment to it.

But many are perfectly willing to let others keep sacrificing for them. Especially their 2nd amendment rights.
30 million Jews died for the lack of a Second Amendment.

3 million Cambodians died for lack of a Second Amendment.

As many as 50 million people died under Stalin for lack of a 2nd Amendment.

Millions and millions more have and continue to be killed in China, North Korea, various Latin American and African countries because they have no Second Amendment.

And don't tell me it can't happen here. Remember the big to do about "The Memo"? Right now our government has a functioning Secret Court and it has been revealed that our Government has been using it for nefarious ends. Name an "alphabet soup" federal agency that hasn't been guilty of a scandal or three in the past 40 years. The price is high but the price of not having a Second Amendment is far higher.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:15 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So are you claiming that those who own assault rifles are part of a "well regulated militia"??? And if you think you should have the right to own tanks and missiles, you are one of the people with mental issues that shouldn't be allowed to have guns.....

No, the problem isn't the gun. It is people like you, who want to buy an AR-15 so you can go out into the woods and swing your **** around in front of your friends while shooting cans, and to keep that ability, you are willing to let children die in their schools.
I'd suggest that you read Federalist Paper #46, Madison spells it out pretty clear on the right of citizens to bear arms. It's in paragraph 9

Old 02-16-2018, 01:17 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Show me a law that does not infringe on everyones individual right, that will prevent the next mass shooting?

The Law of Self-Preservation, if a mass shooter were to show up at a location I happen to be at, I have every right to use my gun and kill him, thus preventing a mass shooting.
yep

Old 02-16-2018, 01:20 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Talk about emotion-based. Where does the constitution say you have a right to an AR 15?
Thanks for an excellent example of emotion superseding fact.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:21 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
People didn't get shot like this when you could buy a Tommy Gun at the hardware store.
Something has changed and it ain't guns.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:23 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
No, the problem isn't the gun. It is people like you, who want to buy an AR-15 so you can go out into the woods and swing your **** around in front of your friends while shooting cans
Have you all noticed that when a liberal loses the argument against one of his cherished delusions, he starts examining the sexual organs of his opponents?

It's been going on for years, as they lose debate after debate.

Sick people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies