Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 10:25 PM

10,730 posts, read 5,664,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Isn't that what we are all doing? Judging people based off of what they post? Either way, you would be wrong about me. I have no "fear" or ignorance when it comes to guns. My husband and I both own guns. I have ZERO problems with guns used for hunting or protection. An AR-15 is not for either. It is for people who want to show off to friends or take it to the shooting range. It has no practical use in everyday life. None.

The fact is though, people who want to be able to own things like an AR-15, are willing to overlook school shootings to be able to continue to buy/own them. If you own one, you are in that group. If you don't, you are still in that group, since you think people should be able to ride down the street in a panzer with Uzi's and Ak's.

The greater point, is that most normal people, would happily give up their assault rifles if it meant no more school shootings. Most normal people would be perfectly fine with more stringent background checks, and safety courses. If you aren't, then you are fine with children being killed by the weapons you want to keep. And don't try the whole, "Well he could have used a pistol or a hunting rifle!" nonsense either. We both know that they aren't capable of the same things.
Let’s see, ignorance about firearms, combined with “No True Scotsman” fallacies. What a post!

Old 02-16-2018, 10:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
A nuclear weapon is an arm. Can everyone have one?
Why sure, that's a legitimate question.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:34 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Since when should anyone give up their right to self protection? You want to give it up go ahead but how about you quit stomping on others rights?
We fought a revolutionary war over that.
Our founding fathers were all about the people in our country. Here we are in 2018 and it's all about me,me, me now

Old 02-16-2018, 10:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sometimes we need to sacrifice for the good of all....because it's not just us as individuals, it's us as a country.
Who is we?

You don't speak for me.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Since when should anyone give up their right to self protection? You want to give it up go ahead but how about you quit stomping on others rights? We fought a revolutionary war over that.

Getting rid of semi auto rifles robs you of your self protection?

Wow . I was under the impression they still manufactured shotguns and handguns.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Children don't get the concept of restraining their desires for the good of others. That comes later in their emotional development , when they gain the ability to understand how their desires and actions affect others. Some , obviously , never reach this level of maturity. Until then , its all about what they want, and they will throw tantrums if they don't get what they want , and if others are harmed by their childish desires, well children don't care. That's the way children are. Its why my and me and mine is always a part of their response.
Quit treating and talking to your children, like they are children incapable of doing anything. They will mature to have more common sense at 8, to some 30 year olds.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:43 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who is we?

You don't speak for me.
The people who love our country.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our founding fathers were all about the people in our country. Here we are in 2018 and it's all about me,me, me now
The founders intentions revolved around the rights of the individual. Someone saying me, me, me, doesn't stomp on my rights. Someone who wants to take my means of self protection is.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:45 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who is we?

You don't speak for me.

Obviously not. She was suggesting that some people have the capacity to think as mature adults and realize that sometimes their wants and desires are harmful to society in general.

Others don't have this level of maturity, and think only about what they want without worrying how it affects others. In these cases , the rights of children to remain alive vs the wants of the adolescent gun cult to have their toys.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Getting rid of semi auto rifles robs you of your self protection?

Wow . I was under the impression they still manufactured shotguns and handguns.
Getting rid of shotguns and handguns robs you of self protection?

Wow . I was under the impression they still manufactured knives and slingshots.

see what I did there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies