Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 05:33 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
I think that Al Franken is a victim of his own party’s extreme political correctness. It obvious that he is joking around but is this any way for a senator to act? Look up Ted Kennedy and waitress sandwich!
Franken was not a senator at the time.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:33 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Stuart Smalley is a groper??

Say it isn't so.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
But she says that during rehearsal he stuck his tongue in her mouth. Is that acceptable? Is it acceptable to even "pretend" to grab someone's breasts while they are sleeping?
I just heard "I'm not defending Al Franken - BUT ..... he did apologize". This is history, let's move on.

IF picture evidence is "let's move on" .... why is 30-40 year old (never before released and hunted down by Leftist media" .... A GIANT story?

One man is running for a National Office with a 30+ year old story from a dubious source - the other man has a photo & testimony of a celebrity media figure when he isn't running for any office at all.

What to believe? This is just sooooo complicated. That is - it's "complicated" by partisan politics.
THAT is just not good enough - this is the sort of thing that can destroy people's lives.

It's can't be "OK" for the Democrat and "Hang 'em High" for the Republican ....... just because of Party.
How about we keep in mind that this sort of thing can happen to ANY ONE OF US ...... just because.

They don't need "proof" and clearly a photo is not enough - NOTHING is "Proof" to prove your innocence when somebody comes after you. I know a person whose life was destroyed because he gave a "sub performance" review to a female employee. He refused to "settle" - it cost him his company and his family over a Million dollars - but he "won", because their was never a shred of proof.

My son has female employees - he NEVER has any conversation with any of them, never has a lone person in his office without his recorder on. He saves all recordings. You just never know when you make be "attacked" 30-40 years down the road. Put that in your memory box.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Makes me sad to hear the Franken allegations, but let the chips fall where they may. We all have to be consistent
Totally agree.

I have always liked Franken, but...

It's way past time that we all stopped seeing casual groping as either funny or sorta OK because "boys will be boys".

I'm glad that more women are speaking up, and if it means that someone I otherwise like has to take his lumps - well, that's just life.

Last edited by jacqueg; 11-16-2017 at 05:49 PM..

Old 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The kiss is acceptable if they were rehearsing a kiss.

She consented to be kissed. I doubt they discussed the particulars of kissing beforehand.

And, no... it was a juvenile prank and he should be embarrassed of himself, but she was wearing a flak jacket and that photo does not appear to show him actually touching her at all.

I have condemned people from a wide variety of political and social leanings, but this one is really not the drama that people are making it out to be.

Good grief. We've seen and heard far worse from so many other politicians.

Including President Two Scoops.
She did not consent to being kissed during the rehearsal. Look up her interview.
I am disgusted how you are making light of both situations.

You call it a juvenile prank. He was 51 years old when he did this!!!!

Old 11-16-2017, 05:56 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Totally agree.

I have always liked Franken, but...

It's way past time that we all stopped seeing casual groping as either funny or sorta OK because "boys will be boys".

I'm glad that more women are speaking up, and if it means that someone I otherwise like has to take his lumps - well, that's just life.
Exactly

Old 11-16-2017, 05:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The woman was asked if Franken should lose his job. She said -- no people make mistakes....Asked whether she believes Franken should step down, Tweeden said that "people make mistakes."

"I'm not calling on him to step down," she said. "That's not my place."
Worth noting and repeating........

Old 11-16-2017, 05:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
She did not consent to being kissed during the rehearsal. Look up her interview.

If true, that is a bit sick.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Franken's fate now rests with the senate ethics committee.

If no other accusers come forward, he might survive with a censure.

On the other hand, if he's been pulling these stunts with other women and they decide to make it public, then he'll likely be forced out.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post

She's making light of it 'people make mistakes'

She wasn't exactly traumatized by the way she was speaking

Not appropriate to force a kiss and pretend to grope -- of course -- he apologized -- she accepted.

Makes you wonder why she just didn't send a little note asking for a private apology and if then he ddidn't acknowledge it maybe go public then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies