Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 03:40 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

And those foreigners who have been granted citizenship that were not born from illegal immigration? How about green card holders of all types? Are European whites exempt from deportation or they have to go too?
As Oldglory stated, there are no exceptions.

Though, this is all irrelevant because none of this is going to happen. The "silent majority" is literally going to have to rise up to reverse some of the atrocities that have been committed against us over the course of the last 50 years. Unlikely, but possible.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:44 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And this was written back in the days of Jim Crow. We both can imagine the kind of cognitive dissonance that was taking place in those days. Considering how America was being looked at as the land of freedom and opportunity, but it wasn't living up to it. Forked tongue is one way to see it.
You're right, Mr. Festinger wrote A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance in 1957. Gotta admit, I missed that connection, he likely had a field day with all the cognitive dissonance going on! What with the burgeoning Civil Rights Movement. It makes sense that he had enough observations to develop the theory & likely had enough observations & experiences & research opportunities to fill a few books!

I read his book while in school, however the quote was from the Wiki piece on the topic of cognitive dissonance. I liked it because it was short, sweet, & to the point.

Another thing I like is it's entirely possible to put the hypothesis to the test either in your personal life & experiences (irl) or even here, in my favorite forum ~ here at good ole City-Data.com!

Here you go if you'd like to play around with the ideas:Hypothesis: Leon Festinger proposed that human beings strive for internal psychological consistency in order to mentally function in the real world.
  • A person who experiences internal inconsistency tends to become psychologically uncomfortable and is motivated to reduce the cognitive dissonance.
  • This is done by changing parts of the cognition to justify the stressful behavior,
    1. by adding new parts to the cognition that causes the psychological dissonance,
    2. or by actively avoiding social situations and contradictory information that are likely to increase the magnitude of the cognitive dissonance.

Observations? Go ...

Old 12-20-2017, 08:02 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I have a bachelor's degree, which means I'm among the top 30 percent most well educated adults in America's population today.
LOL, this guy...

And that's all I have to say...

Old 12-21-2017, 02:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
No, immigrants coming has not helped. It hasn't really hurt much. Even if illegals are deported, there is something you don't understand. It doesn't matter if there is a very low presence of immigrants around or a high presence. Blacks have higher rates of being unemployed than anyone else, even Blacks with college degrees. Look at Mississippi and Alabama. Very high rates of unemployment among Blacks in those states. Not many immigrants want to go to those places.

Deporting illegals might free up some work. However, I've been on threads where a few people have said they would rather hire illegals than hire Blacks, claiming "blacks are too much trouble".
Blacks wouldn't be "too much trouble" if a company could fire or discipline them for good cause without Al Sharpton showing up, TV cameras in tow, to falsely accuse that company of racism and then file a gazillion dollar lawsuit for "racial discrimination," which the company would then have to settle with a generous payout to the "victim" and Sharpton because it couldn't afford to let the case go on for months, creating bad publicity for the company in our race-baiting (((national media))).

If you want blacks to have opportunities, go after Sharpton, demand an end to racial preferences that favor non-whites over whites, and demand that illegals be deported. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-21-2017 at 03:55 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Wow you are honestly really scared. Look I'm white reasonably well off and deal all different races every single day in Colorado there is no conspiracy to take over people are just living there lives. What is happening is it is no longer socially acceptable to be racist which I am ok with.
Your grandchildren will curse you.

Massive non-white immigration + anti-white rhetoric that is calculated to cause non-whites to hate whites and want to take revenge on them + whites becoming a minority (they already are when it comes to births in this country) = not a pretty picture for your white descendants, should you have any.

Other generations tried to make the world a better place for their children and their children's children....

Old 12-21-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
And the KKK is a terrorist organization, so there is not excusing that.
The KKK didn't appreciate white women being raped and murdered and the Northerners who were ruling the South allowing it to go on.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-21-2017 at 03:50 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What are you talking about? The US has immigration laws that must be followed. You are not allowed to selectively pick who gets to come here based on their race or religion. You just can't. Is that what you are advocating for?
Of course we can pick who comes here on the basis of any criteria we choose.

What on earth would make you think otherwise?

Old 12-21-2017, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Diversity is only a "crock" to racists. Thanks for helping us all see who you are.
Racism is just noticing obvious group differences and drawing the logical conclusions therefrom.

It is also the natural inclination to be around people with whom you identify. People who look like you.

There is no reason for anyone to feel guilty for being racist.

And the so-called "anti-racists" today are not anti-racist, they are anti-white.

So go ahead and call me "racist" if you like. I couldn't care less.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Take a look at American history, the Statue of Liberty, and important documents from our Founding Fathers. This country was founded on immigration, has constantly benefitted from the richness of people and cultures, and has normally welcomed it.
Not true.

I've already quoted John Jay in Federalist # 2 to show that it isn't true.

I'll quote him again to save you the trouble of going through this thread:

"Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people -- a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs."

Founding Father John Jay is certainly more authoritative than Emma Goldman and her Statue of Liberty poem welcoming the world's "wretched refuse" (her words, not mine.)

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-21-2017 at 04:04 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 06:31 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
"Things that make you go hmmm...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies