Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 10:28 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, it exposes a lof of ignorance.
Unfortunately, there will always be those who have no clue. Welcome to CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 10:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Unfortunately, there will always be those who have no clue. Welcome to CD.
It wouldn't be so bad if it was confined to here.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:34 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,714,694 times
On another note, why do people bring their young children to places like this? They aren't old enough to understand or appreciate the joy of Disney World.

I'm baffled when I see 8mo old babies at museums here in Chicago.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:42 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Those Victorian women weren't walking around in a crowded public area. Those photos were taken in private.
But women did do that in public. That is the way women breastfed. A poster suggested that wasn't the way it was done. Perhaps they meant publicly as if women fed differently at home then when out and about.
And if social media existed then I bet those images would be all over it.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:44 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You certainly did.

...I am sorry this thread devolved into a bash-fest about this woman's appearance. That wasn't my purpose for creating the thread. Stupid decision on my part...
If its one thing people do best, its judging other people

I knew immediately, and I'm sure almost everyone here knew, comments on her body/breast was coming.

I mean look at the pic! it looks like she got both breasts out in the open like a fountain drink machine at your local corner store.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:48 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
On another note, why do people bring their young children to places like this? They aren't old enough to understand or appreciate the joy of Disney World.

Are parents of young children supposed to just sit at home? When my son was a baby, I put him in his stroller and took him to the zoo, to museums, to the mall - places where I could walk around and see and do things and he could people watch at the very least.

I believe the family in this story lives nearby to Disneyland and has annual passes, so it's not like they are spending a fortune on a trip. I think they also have other kids, maybe? So those kids are enjoying and appreciating the visit even if the baby is too young to do so.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Some call it just natural.

So I can whip it out and pee where and when I want since it’s natural.
Now You Can Legally Defecate and Urinate on Denver Sidewalks (Thanks, Liberals!)

Old 11-29-2017, 10:57 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post

Why bring your children to Disney World?
People have families. People like to go places.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:11 AM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
If this chick was super hot the comments in this thread would be very different.

Yes, looks mean a lot, and will dominate an individuals perception of someone else. She put herself out there. She opened herself up to this type of criticism. Anyone who does this so openly and then slaps it up on social media cares not one bit what people think of them.

Like most people, I have no issue with public breastfeeding if it is done discreetly. That is not the case here. She was attention seeking. And this is why people are shaming her.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:11 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Same old story....people looking for shock and attention because they can in this day and age. I haven't read this thread because it was all talked about in the other breast feeding thread recently.

The "breast feeding is natural" group will not understand that not everyone wants to look at some woman's boob plopped out in public or listen to a child making feeding noises. I love children, I love women and I believe in breast feeding, just not in so obvious manner for the sake of others. I used a prefolded diaper that I laid over my shoulder and lightly draped over the baby, even if I were sitting in my car feeding my child. We happily gazed at each other and cooed up a storm. My child wasn't smothered or damaged in any way.

The "do your own thing, anyone else be damned" will never, ever understand good manners and a sense of decorum about natural but private things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies