Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Good for you.

I will keep paying $6K for my season tickets, $500 for my parking spot, and about $1,000 more a year on merchandise and stadium crap.

I know guys who spend that much every year on golf clubs and country club memberships, so I don't see any difference. I hate golf, but I love football.
But you're just watching not playing like the golfers are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 07:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I haven't watched a game this season. I have missed nothing. I'm not even curious about scores. College level football is far more entertaining. Those kids play like they love the sport and their team.
LMAO. "Those kids" play like they are applying for a position in the NFL, because that is exactly what they are doing. In today's world, every player on an elite college team is groomed from an early age, with the sole purpose of "making the bigs". Of course many of them love the sport, but you are very naive if you think their primary goal is anything other than getting into the NFL. (I'm sure exceptions apply, but by far, it's the norm.)

Watch the games or don't. But coming out and making proclamations about it makes you as bad as you think they are. You're just making a political statement, just like them....

Old 12-04-2017, 07:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Good for you.

I will keep paying $6K for my season tickets, $500 for my parking spot, and about $1,000 more a year on merchandise and stadium crap.

I know guys who spend that much every year on golf clubs and country club memberships, so I don't see any difference. I hate golf, but I love football.
It’s entertainment and varies from person to person.

I enjoy watching football, but for me, now it’s only college.

Once the Texans took a knee, I stopped watching and buying.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever go back.

I was so excited for this season. We finally had a quarterback. Then, they kneeled.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
LMAO. "Those kids" play like they are applying for a position in the NFL, because that is exactly what they are doing. In today's world, every player on an elite college team is groomed from an early age, with the sole purpose of "making the bigs". Of course many of them love the sport, but you are very naive if you think their primary goal is anything other than getting into the NFL. (I'm sure exceptions apply, but by far, it's the norm.)

Watch the games or don't. But coming out and making proclamations about it makes you as bad as you think they are. You're just making a political statement, just like them....
The majority of college players know they aren’t going pro.

You sound like you’re grooming a son in hopes of a lottery win.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
This should go over good. NFL cutting Breast Cancer and Military Charity Funds in order to pay for their social justice foolishness.
NFL to Cut Breast Cancer, Military Charity Funds to Pay for Proposed Social Justice Activism
Are you ok with the Department of Defense paying the NFL to have their Patriotic displays before every game so you so called patriots can stand and push your chest out and proclaim "I am Patriotic and if you kneel you are not"?

Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I can't believe anyone actually wastes time and money on sports.
"Bread and circuses" What else are we gonna spend our money and time on?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:01 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Giving even the time day to these NFL thugs will sink the industry. The owners need to wake up before they lose everything.
Thoughts?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Would you want someone to come into your place of business, and blatantly disrespect YOUR CUSTOMERS who are your sole source of revenue? People don't want politics mixed with their entertainment. It is meant to be relaxing, not disrespectful, and antagonizing. They are actively being disrespectful to the flag, anthem, and many Americans.

Why don't you ignore the Confederate statues instead of pushing to have them removed like a little snowflake because they offend you? They are just passive monuments, not active antagonism.
How can you disrespect a song?
How can you disrespect a flag?
Quietly exercising your first amendment right is not disrespectful. Disrespectful is telling people that quietly take a knee that they are not American-enough. The difference with the confederate statues is that my tax dollars pay for their upkeep. And they are celebrating people that fought against the U.S. to keep slavery going. Confederate anything is literally un-American. If people want them on private property, fine. You don't seem to understand a lot of basic American things like rights and public vs private property. Have a good day.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:03 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Giving even the time day to these NFL thugs will sink the industry. The owners need to wake up before they lose everything.
Thoughts?
The NFL will be just fine. They are still making a profit. Also, calling the players in the NFL thugs is very derogatory.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:12 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I can't believe anyone actually wastes time and money on sports.
Sports is entertainment pure and simple. Nothing wrong with it. No better or worse than 20 other hobbies / entertainment that is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies