Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:13 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times

Advertisements

So WWII Rangers could climb 100 foot cliffs, under fire, on Omaha beach but modern day spec ops cant get over a 30 foot wall in perfect weather with no bullets flying.

I smell fake news or at least something fishy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 03:14 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Hmm. Does anyone know any Mexican TV producers? Because a Junkyard Wars style reality show with teams competing to scale a 30-ft wall with stuff they have laying around could probably capture quite an audience.

Seriously, is anyone here willing to own up to not being able to get over that with 2x4s, hammer & nails, and a length of rope? Throw in a climbing harness for the deluxe version.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:14 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of tunnel sensors? The 76 miles of good double wall haven't been tunneled under nor has anyone tried to use a tall ladder. I've provided links proving it.

WTH do visa over stayers have to do with border jumpers and how we have to deal with both problems in a different way? Why would you ignore one of those problems? By your own stats you are admitting that at least 50% of illegals coming here are border jumpers.
Wrong - 40-50% and perhaps higher are illegal immigrants who FLY in by plane and overstay their visas. Your wall won't stop that now will it? Can't you read?

Also you never answered as to whether Mexico is paying for the wall as the fat man screeched about and promised us for over two years?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Yawn. Hiring and visa reform is still the far more efficient way to combat this. Just think....relieve this much pressure and it will free up the Border Patrol to better go after the few still trying, if there’s really that much of a problem left.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:18 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
I love how these NeverTrumpers think all you need to climb a 30 foot wall is a 30 foot ladder.
Sounds like something Wile E Coyote might try!

Old 01-19-2018, 03:18 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
This wall is a total waste of money.

MOST drugs come into the US via water or air, NOT land.
MOST illegals here are OVERSTAYS....they come into the US legally by air, sea or land with a limited time visa, but stay beyond its expiration date.

Tell me again how a WALL stops either of these.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:22 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
This wall is a total waste of money.

MOST drugs come into the US via water or air, NOT land.
MOST illegals here are OVERSTAYS....they come into the US legally by air, sea or land with a limited time visa, but stay beyond its expiration date.

Tell me again how a WALL stops either of these.
Oh, I’m sure next we’ll get to hear about birthright citizens and the hordes of criminals and terrorists coming, etc. Never mind they can’t show facts about how many of the latter two there are, or other actual stats. Who needs facts when you can try to drum up fear?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:22 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't believe for a second that our special forces guys can't get over a 30 foot wall. My BS-O-Meter just went off.

https://imgur.com/gallery/e1fqHBx
Exactly, the most highly trained soldiers in the world would have trouble getting over a 30 foot wall. I am a middle aged out of shape cubicle rat and I could do it in less than 5 minutes with a ladder or other basic tools. I especially love the part about how 30ft is such a daunting height. Many immigrants end up working on roofs much taller than that on a daily basis once they get into the US with no problem at all. And they climb ladders to get there while carrying tools and supplies. This story is absolute BS.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:23 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,481,580 times
Some illegal drugs are coming in by the use of catapults. I'd bet an illegal could also be flung over a high wall in this manner.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:24 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did they try a 30 foot ladder? Or dig a tunnel? I find it hard to believe that they tried very hard. I assume that any member of the US military that made it over the wall would have found themselves working in the NK DMZ by the end of week. I have personally witnessed teenagers climb the existing wall in less than a minute.

It seems like they tried everything except something that might have actually worked. Only one person managed to get a hook attached, LMAO. They should have called Batman for help. Do nativists actually believe this crap?
The AP report is hilarious. "Testers also expressed safety concerns about getting down from 30 feet." Mmm-hm. US special forces. 30 feet. Safety concerns.

If you ever had any doubt that this is a project designed to appeal to stupid people, that right there should provide a hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies