Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 09:27 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
"dreamers"

whatever....

Lets get down to business. Trump and the rest of us are prepared to grant legal status to these people who were brought here illegally when they were minors.

What we want in return is 18 billion to secure the southern boarder. and end to chain migration and lottery migration.

lets get this done!
Honestly while I think the wall is a stupid idea, I'd concede the wall on this issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 09:30 AM

13,657 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Imagine how much luckier his own country would be to have him.
Yes, and please help me to imagine: how exactly would such expulsions benefit the United States? An American community loses a well-educated and highly-motivated teacher. Who benefits? The schoolchildren? The taxpayers? OK, maybe this guy's fellow teachers would benefit - you know, those creatures of the teachers' unions, who reliably vote Democratic - right?

Old 01-23-2018, 10:02 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most of these dreamers aren't kids and were responsible for their own status once they reached 18 1/2.
Irrelevant. Who cares that they turned 18? What does that have to do with anything? If they didn't apply to become citizens once they turned 18 they're subject to deportation? Even you know you're not being reasonable.

Quote:
Legalizing them would make it even harder to protect our border because other parents would be bringing their kids here illegally expecting them to be legalized to. Kids shouldn't benefit from their parent's law breaking.
No it wouldn't. They already have enough motivation to want to get here and provide a better life for their children. It's not like oh well this is extra motivation for them to want to move here. And on the contrary, children shouldn't be punished for their parents lawbreaking.

You're essentially proposing let's punish the children of illegal immigrants to teach their parents a lesson.

This has nothing to do with security, it's just your selfish worldview of the world as a zero-sum game where someone else benefiting must mean you're losing. The more I think about it, the more I actually feel sorry for you that you don't have confidence in the world's abundance.

Quote:
You have to be some kind of prick not to want our immigration laws enforced and not to care about the ramifications of illegal immigration to our own citizens.
Yes yes, I'm sure this is all coming from the goodness of your heart, and concern for your fellow citizens. Please.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:16 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Yes, and please help me to imagine: how exactly would such expulsions benefit the United States? An American community loses a well-educated and highly-motivated teacher. Who benefits? The schoolchildren? The taxpayers? OK, maybe this guy's fellow teachers would benefit - you know, those creatures of the teachers' unions, who reliably vote Democratic - right?
Talk about cherry picking. The US is losing MS-13 gang members, murderers and pedophiles as well.

How would this benefit the US? It would not only get rid of lawbreakers, but would send a message to anyone THINKING about breaking the law.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:25 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hey, conservos!

Y'all got both houses of congress, the WH and the supreme court.

I won't mention the large majority of governorships and statehouses.

Dems are powerless and irrelevant. You keeping saying so.

You've got the whole thing wrapped up with a bow on it.

So, my question to ya'll is:

How come yer all so PO'd?

Do you know this history, Gringo??
Schumer is a hypocrite who talks out of both sides of his mouth.
It is becoming quite clear that Schumer and Dems libs just want to argue with President Trump point blank, and it doesn't matter the issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...d87_story.html

"In a 2013 ABC News interview, Schumer said, "You know we could do the same thing on immigration . . . We could say, 'We're shutting down the government. We're not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform.' It would be governmental chaos."

"I think the longer it goes on, the more the American people see the hypocrisy on the Democratic side," said Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a veteran of several shutdown dramas."

at the 3 minute mark

https://youtu.be/yuCuuYUQFXM

Last edited by Atalanta; 01-23-2018 at 10:34 AM..

Old 01-23-2018, 10:30 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Honestly while I think the wall is a stupid idea, I'd concede the wall on this issue
The wall wouldn't be necessary if we could trust the government, especially including future administrations, to actually enforce immigration laws.

But policies are easily reversed by the stroke of a pen.....or just ignored altogether.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What about those born citizens here through no fault of their own ? What reward do they get ?

Surely there must be something in it for them.
You mean like those Russian birth tourists in Florida?

They get U.S. citizenship.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking Yeah, sure, right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
It is becoming quite clear that Schumer and Dems libs just want to argue with President Trump point blank, and it doesn't matter the issue.

"In a 2013 ABC News interview, Schumer said, "You know we could do the same thing on immigration . . . We could say, 'We're shutting down the government. We're not going to raise the debt ceiling until you pass immigration reform.' It would be governmental chaos."

"I think the longer it goes on, the more the American people see the hypocrisy on the Democratic side," said Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), a veteran of several shutdown dramas."

at the 3 minute mark

Amusing that you'd refer to 2013.

Dems bad, tRump good. I hear it all the time.

But it kinda looks like 2018 will be very "interesting."

Old 01-23-2018, 12:06 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Trumps Gambit is working. Humiliated (and they don't even know it) Dems are walking lock step with their leadership into the hands of the GOP.

IF there is a positive vote to allow in some form DACA to stay and/or be interviewed and vetted, AND the wall is funded, it will look like Christmas...brought to you by none other than the POTUS.

Even Jim Acosta was struggling to get words out as the rug was being pulled out from underneath him
Trump is a semi-literate a$$wipe. He changes his idiotic tune from one day to the next. His WH is in chaos. Dems are not "humiliated." They are trying to govern, which is something for which the GOP and their criminally stupid POTUS have no concern. In other words, the Dems have honor, while the GOP is simply toilet paper used to wipe the behinds of the super-rich.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:01 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Hey, conservos!

Y'all got both houses of congress, the WH and the supreme court.

I won't mention the large majority of governorships and statehouses.

Dems are powerless and irrelevant. You keeping saying so.

You've got the whole thing wrapped up with a bow on it.

So, my question to ya'll is:

How come yer all so PO'd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post

at the 3 minute mark

Quote:

You asked a question and I answered it, then you come back all smart alic.

Thank you Gringo for being a prime example of being a sucker to your liberal party.
And a lib who will biatch and point fingers no matter what

Last edited by Atalanta; 01-23-2018 at 02:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies