Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:38 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
The only reason they aren't "Americans" is because of a piece of paper.
And they have had how many years to correct this

If the liberals accept any deal for the " Dreamers " it must
also include Community Service until they are a citizen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:38 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Posts like the two above show just how insensitive some humans can be toward other humans. When some of us say we love our dogs and cats more than people, this is one of the reasons.

Odd lot we humans are, we only value lives that we choose to value, otherwise, those other humans are just a statistic and disposable.
Insensitive huh?

https://www.conservativereview.com/a...ime-nightmare/
Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial
https://cis.org/Mortensen/DACA-Grant...-Their-Victims

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I just heard a news story that some DACA recipients will not support Trumps plan because of the "Wall". Boy, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. How stupid or privileged do some of these people think they are?
The reason is that they don't want the border secured, AND I think the biggest issue they have is even Trump's much too generous plan doesn't allow chain migration for parents and siblings, only children and spouses. The plan to colonize our country, making it into a 3rd world dump, is jeopardized by the plan.

Quote:
I just heard on the news today that a lot of us don't support the wall because it is an idiotic, ineffectual waste of money. Does that make us privileged, or intelligent ?
Only because they don't understand the importance of securing the border. A savings of both lives, many Americans have died at the hands of illegal aliens and also $117 billion a year in taxpayer dollars, and with amnesty, that would be in trillions of dollars. So many people are unable to actually understand that terrorism and illegal immigration 2 of the big issues in the last election can be addressed by securing the border.

Again, for probably the 100th time, keeping our borders secure is something the federal government is supposed to do, and this is not a new idea or Trump's idea. Secure Fence Act of 2006: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

Ignorance is a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
DACA recipients care about others. Not a concept familiar to the alt-right alt-white trumpers.
Sure they do! https://www.conservativereview.com/a...ime-nightmare/ and they care about chain migration so all of their kind can cheat our system while honest, law-abiding people are cheated out of their turn, and those who wait to come in legally have children that haven't received a taxpayer paid education along with other benefits.

Quote:
Yes, they care about bringing in a few more million illegals any way possible. No surprise there. I was in support of Trumps plan but now I'm having second thoughts. Now I feel like these ungrateful leaches should be deported.
I knew this was a "foot in the door" with DACA. They all have their "panties in a wad" when it comes to securing the border and not allowing chain migration. They want it all. Getting greedy and demanding is now turning many against their plight. They say that with what Schumer pulled really hurt the "cause" too. And then, of course, they turned on Schumer and others. Send the thugs home.

Quote:
So, let me get this straight. Just because they are not citizens yet, they are not entitled to an opinion , is that right ? No one said they "had a say in it" just that they voiced their OPINIONS on it.

Maybe we should remove their ability to think and speak, who do they think they are, having opinions and all !!
They are entitled to an opinion, but it has no value here. They need to take it "home" with them. Their violent and demanding behavior goes beyond opinion.

Nope, not remove anything other then their illegal selves.

Quote:
The wall is not the solution and even trumpers know that. It's just a political promise they got conned into. Now neither they nor their Leader can back down from it, no matter how stupid an idea it is.
Secure Fence Act of 2006: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006 I have posted that numerous times.

10 Reasons The US Needs Better Border Security: https://www.listland.com/10-reasons-...rder-security/

Securing the border is just the first step in moving the illegals out. It will be followed by continued strict enforcement. There are SO many additional steps we can take to weed them out and strongly encourage them to go "home".

Remaining ignorant about this issue is a choice that many sympathizers and exploiters use to remain in the dark. Ignorance is choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
They can dream in their Country and can do one of two things: fight and improve the quality of life where they live, or get in line and wait until a decision is made whether they are worthy of being an American.
Simple.
Just like our ancestors did, although our ancestors came here sleeves rolled up ready to build a country, not dropping anchor babies for others to support.

I doubt these illegals probably did very well in their own countries as their own countries wouldn't tolerate the horse poop they shovel with all their demands that we meet their needs and desires.

Quote:
I live in Central Mexico and have owned a home here since 2008.

There is an estimated quarter of a million illegal US expats in Mexico. Came in on tourist visas and never left.

I know many in our little village....and so do the locals.

But they are not hunted down by the MXN authorities. Now, if they were to do something illegal, yes, they are subject to expulsion. But overall it's alive and let live situation. Most of the illegal US expats I know are elderly, have no family in the US and have not been to the US in 20+ years. Instead of being cast as criminals by MXNs, they are pitied and allowed to stay.
Of course not. Americans in Mexico is a benefit to Mexico. Do you have any stats about how much Americans cost Mexico? Quarter of a million, is that how many Mexicans you think are illegally in the USA? I wonder if $26 billion in Mexican currency was sent to the US like US dollars were sent by Mexicans to Mexico.

Quote:
As I said, only simpletons seek a simple solution to complex problems.
Like giving in to a bunch of illegal aliens demanding their needs and desires be met by American citizens, yes, I would agree that only simpletons seek that simple solution for the complex horror that illegal aliens are to our country.

Quote:
I live in Mexico fulltime and have owned a home here since 2008 (lived here fulltime 2008 till 2012, returned to US to care for elderly failing FIL) returned here bought another home last year.

Before that, I lived within 8 miles of the US-MX border in Arizona; owned a home there for 10 years.

I have seen the US MX border from both sides, up close and personal.

Most of the ignorant posters here who favor a wall have NO understanding of the reality of the border and US MX relations. If they did, they would not be in favor of a wall.
I lived in southern AZ. I know the plague that illegal aliens are, especially along the border. I favor securing the border, as we know, well those who choose not to be ignorant, the border wall is actually a system of wall, fencing, electronic surveillance, natural borders and increased border patrol agents: https://azbigmedia.com/cbp-border-wa...ural-barriers/

It is necessary to save American lives, thousands have lost their lives by the presence of an illegal, someone that should not have been here in the first place.

Ignorance is a choice.

Quote:
For the bajillionth time...they have NO way to apply "the right way." DACA provides for that.
Yes, they do. They can return to their country of origin, get in line with the others legally waiting to come in. DACA, illegal aliens, brought here as children should not be allowed to step in front of those that have been waiting legally in their country of origin. Children of parents who break laws suffer the consequences of their parents every day in the US, and we are talking children of American citizens who break our laws, yet no one wants to make demands that this stop.

Quote:
Their HOME is America!!!

If you would take two minutes and research who qualifies as a Dreamer, you'd see that's true. These people GREW UP here in America. The only reason they aren't "Americans" is because of a piece of paper.
No, it is not their home as they are not Americans. If you had a clue, you would realize that growing up here having been brought in illegally does not make one a US citizen. No, many of them have a piece of paper, it is called a fraudulent ID, and that makes them a felon when they are finally caught.

Seriously, you need to look up what it takes to be a US citizen.

Also, over 2,000 DACA have fallen off eligibility because they committed crimes and were caught. I am sure more fall off each day. The children of people who disrespect laws generally disrespect them also.

They are "squatters" not Americans.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:49 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Just for the record, there are "dreamers" who came here as teenagers on their own. Not all of them were brought here by force by their parents. Some of these "teenagers" had no identification so no one really knows how old they are or their true identities. So for some Dreamers, yes it was their decision to come here illegally and no one else's.
Yes, there are dreamers who fit your description. The vast majority do not.

DACA is quite clear on who would be eligible and I agree with the parameters set forth.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
And they have had how many years to correct this

If the liberals accept any deal for the " Dreamers " it must
also include Community Service until they are a citizen
Wow.

PLEASE do your research. They do not have any path to citizenship because they were brought here illegally. The only way they could have done so is by going back to their country of birth and applying. Yes, that sounds logical but THINK. Many of these people know nothing about the countries of origin so it makes sense they wouldn't have gone back after being in the US for 10, 15, 20 years. The only home they've known is America.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:52 AM

17,348 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
I live in Mexico fulltime and have owned a home here since 2008 (lived here fulltime 2008 till 2012, returned to US to care for elderly failing FIL) returned here bought another home last year.

Before that, I lived within 8 miles of the US-MX border in Arizona; owned a home there for 10 years.

I have seen the US MX border from both sides, up close and personal.

Most of the ignorant posters here who favor a wall have NO understanding of the reality of the border and US MX relations. If they did, they would not be in favor of a wall.
No wonder then you have little to no concern nor sympathy for other people who have spent a lot of time and money coming here legally as well as millions who want to come here from Asia and Africa. It's all about Mexico and Mexicans to the detriment of everyone else. Now you want to talk about racists?

Old 01-28-2018, 07:53 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Yes, that sounds logical but THINK. Many of these people know nothing about the countries of origin so it makes sense they wouldn't have gone back after being in the US for 10, 15, 20 years. The only home they've known is America.
So? They have committed a crime agains their "home" you would think they would want to make it right.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
No wonder then you have little to no concern nor sympathy for other people who have spent a lot of time and money coming here legally as well as millions who want to come here from Asia and Africa. It's all about Mexico and Mexicans to the detriment of everyone else. Now you want to talk about racists?
Where did that poster bring up race? He didn't.

You did.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
So? They have committed a crime agains their "home" you would think they would want to make it right.
If you choose to believe a child is responsible for the actions of his or her parents, then we have no common ground on which to speak.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:56 AM

17,348 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Where did that poster bring up race? He didn't.

You did.
He/she did in a previous post. I'm just answering it.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:57 AM

62,997 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
For the bajillionth time...they have NO way to apply "the right way." DACA provides for that.

Yes, they do! They can return to their homelands and apply to come back legally and wait their turn in line. It's not fair to legal immigrants who did it the right way by applying to come here legally from their homelands. That's the way the process works! You don't start the process by being in our country illegally first and being allowed to remain here and then start the process on our soil!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies