Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 AM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
DACA recipients care about others. Not a concept familiar to the alt-right alt-white trumpers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Where did that poster bring up race? He didn't.

You did.
She did bring up race. See the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 01:59 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
IN about 90% of the cases where they show a Dreamer on TV, it is someone who is clearly more Mexican than American. Most of them are NOT culturally American and speak with clear Mexican accents. Im the son of LEGAL immigrants who is assimilated and adopted American culture and speak English without any accent except Southern. These Dreamers are much more at home in their native country linguistically, culturally and ethnically (most of them are filled with "brown pride" Mexican pride, and the belief in Aztlan and La Raza).
Same thing in over 90% of cases when I see them in person on the street and at the market.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:06 AM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
That's your premise. Here's mine and the majority of Americans:
Children should not BE PUNISHED for their parents law breaking.
So...every single day Americans who committed crimes go to jail and sometimes their kids end up in foster care. If a child has parents who are bank robbers or drug dealers, the kids of those criminals don't get to keep the ill-gotten gains.

Surely you've heard the old saying (which I'll paraphrase here) The sins of the parents fall on the child. It means that none of us had any control over what our parents did or didn't to or for us when we were growing up. So, given that, do you think that the government should give everyone who grew up poor a fat check? After all, it wasn't the kids' fault that they grew up poor.

Life isn't always fair. Deal with it.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:28 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, you posted that link, why posting it if you don't believe it then? Sheesh

That's not what I meant.

I meant that my belief in it was due directly to the evidence presented. You made it sound as if I just believe it because I want to.

Sheesh.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:29 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

How many DACAs have you taken into your own home and are paying for their immigration lawyers?
Enough with this nonsense.

Its like asking pro-lifers how many babies they've taken into their home.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:33 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

That's not what I meant.

I meant that my belief in it was due directly to the evidence presented. You made it sound as if I just believe it because I want to.

Sheesh.
Well, That is not what i meant. You read too much into what I posted.

sheesh back at ya.

I said, " I am not going to dispute it because you obviously believed it."

Not good enough for you?

duh!

Old 01-30-2018, 04:33 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
"Here’s everything you need to know about Democrats, they call Americans deplorables and illegal immigrants dreamers."

Don Bongino

Old 01-30-2018, 06:32 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
DACA ya, right, just here for a better life

http://www.****.com/two-daca-recipie...n-trafficking/

Old 01-30-2018, 06:33 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,797,563 times
I thought they were people who came here illegally as children and want to stay without going through the normal citizenship process.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:47 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So you think its right for American citizens to sacrifice their jobs, livelihoods, and the safety of their neighborhoods so we can help these foreign nationals who snuck into our nation? Every job an illegal works is a job that an American doesn't have. Every illegal in a college means an American is NOT in college. Are you going to put our country firsst, or are you going to put foreign nationals first?

I think the answer is obvious with him. He talks about us not caring about other human beings yet he doesn't give a crap about all of the above that you posted. What a hypocrite! You can't care about a law breaker while caring about the victim at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies