Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most of the countries problems begin there. Most of the hypocrisy lies there.

Go ahead, explain to me why we allow Wall Street use the money people have saved for nothing but it's wrong to see that someone gets an education and not be in debt for years?
I blame Wall Street for the problems of Wall Street, because Wall Street caused Wall Streets problems, and if it wasn't for Wall Street, then Wall Street would never exist and then we would never have had to worry about Wall Street causing all of the problems that Wall Street caused, then Wall Street wouldn't have ruined the country because they were Wall Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I blame Wall Street for the problems of Wall Street, because Wall Street caused Wall Streets problems, and if it wasn't for Wall Street, then Wall Street would never exist and then we would never have had to worry about Wall Street causing all of the problems that Wall Street caused, then Wall Street wouldn't have ruined the country because they were Wall Street.
Oh and also, Wall Street...because....

Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
It's really pretty much that simple. Again, you do not counter any of my arguments or address any of the questions associated with them.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Oh and also, Wall Street...because....
Wall Street

Old 02-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
It's really pretty much that simple. Again, you do not counter any of my arguments or address any of the questions associated with them.
Because when Chicken Little ran through the streets screaming the sky was falling, there really wasn't anything to do other than look at chicken little like a crack pot who had no real arguments. When every problem looks like it needs a hammer to fix it, and one is presented with a screw, that person looks like a maniac trying to hammer a screw.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Because when Chicken Little ran through the streets screaming the sky was falling, there really wasn't anything to do other than look at chicken little like a crack pot who had no real arguments. When every problem looks like it needs a hammer to fix it, and one is presented with a screw, that person looks like a maniac trying to hammer a screw.
How is it not a problem that people who saved their entire life is getting nothing on their savings so that Wall Street can use that money to prop themselves up from their incompetence?

Why should GM get billions forgiven but it's wrong to forgive the debt of a college student?

Old 02-11-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
How is it not a problem that people who saved their entire life is getting nothing on their savings so that Wall Street can use that money to prop themselves up from their incompetence?

Why should GM get billions forgiven but it's wrong to forgive the debt of a college student?
**** GM for making cars that last 3 years,and the people who bought them because...'Merica.... and **** college students for majoring in basket weaving. Every god damn person in this country needs to realize they are on their own and start acting like it. My tax dollars are not to support your cushy life. Work, work hard, save, save like your life depends on it...because it does.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:00 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Why not be honest? He was brought up because the arguments of those who argued that you should live up to the debt's you agree to.

Is that argument no longer valid?
Oh it's very valid but to compare one person in business who failed on a business venture to every lied to immature high school grad who was told college was the only way to achieve the American dream is a joke.The only time I ever stepped foot on a college campus was to build fancy overpriced dorms and I barley graduated high school.I made a fortune on that job and still killing it at 66.Heck I can hardly spell and pull 80 a year with my talented hands and skill. got a problem with working and creating things get a 200,000 degree and let the Parfleche's and Mexicans do the work.Jokes on them not me.

o

Quote:
**** GM for making cars that last 3 years,and the people who bought them because...'Merica.... and **** college students for majoring in basket weaving. Every god damn person in this country needs to realize they are on their own and start acting like it. My tax dollars are not to support your cushy life. Work, work hard, save, save like your life depends on it...because it does.
Irrelevant. Also, nothing more than a rant that doesn't change anything. People are still getting next to nothing on their savings.

Where are the people demanding that GM pay us back? Where are the people demanding that Trump live up to and pay his debts?

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:

we should NOT have bailed out the failed companies of GM and Chrysler ...

no more bailouts ... no more picking and choosing certain companies over others

no more bailout...no to failed insurance companies, not to failed financial companies, not to failed auto companies, not to cant even start up solar companies... and especially not to quazi-governmental companies like fannie/Freddie

and no, we should not forgive people who took out loans, and don't want to pay back the loan they contracted on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies