Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 04:49 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Nope. I paid mine off and budgeted for it for many many years. They get no sympathy from me.
I got mine free through the VA.

All I had to do for it was spend 20 months in the army and 12 months of that time in Vietnam as a combat medic with the First Infantry Division.

Are the students feeling triggered due to high student debt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 04:57 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Nope. I paid mine off and budgeted for it for many many years. They get no sympathy from me.
Same here!

Old 02-11-2018, 05:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
I love all you people...I paid off mine, so eff 'em. You want to throw out immigrants and keep the millenials stuck in their parent's basements. Just out of curiosity, who do you think is going to buy your house when you want to retire?

Old 02-11-2018, 05:57 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I love all you people...I paid off mine, so eff 'em. You want to throw out immigrants and keep the millenials stuck in their parent's basements. Just out of curiosity, who do you think is going to buy your house when you want to retire?
My, my...someone is bitter. It’s called making good choices! Don’t take out student loans if you can’t pay them back.
People are just so used being bailed out by taxpayers that it has become an expectation, which is pathetic.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
My, my...someone is bitter. It’s called making good choices! Don’t take out student loans if you can’t pay them back.
People are just so used being bailed out by taxpayers that it has become an expectation, which is pathetic.
People take out these loans when they’re kids. Has that ever dawned on you?

This would cost about a third of the dumb wars in the Middle East that none of you complain about. And it would have a far better return on the investment....unlike bombing Afghanistan and Iraq.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
People take out these loans when they’re kids. Has that ever dawned on you?

This would cost about a third of the dumb wars in the Middle East that none of you complain about. And it would have a far better return on the investment....unlike bombing Afghanistan and Iraq.
We aren’t talking about wars; why does that crap always get inserted in every discussion?
If the “kids” would not mess around in high school, partying it up and skipping, they could get grades that would garner scholarships, grants, and possibly a free ride to college.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
We aren’t talking about wars; why does that crap always get inserted in every discussion?
If the “kids” would not mess around in high school, partying it up and skipping, they could get grades that would garner scholarships, grants, and possibly a free ride to college.
Because the wars are undertaken for the benefit of Wall Street.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Because I keep inserting it into the issue, and I’ll KEEP doing it.

You all pay trillions for dumb wars that have ZERO tangible return on investment. You sympathize with that crap, but then you say “screw the kids” who just wanted to get an education. Something about that reeks of nastiness and lack of empathy.

This would be a damn good thing and we should do it. We can afford it because it’ll pay for itself.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

You all pay trillions for dumb wars that have ZERO tangible return on investment. You sympathize with that crap, but then you say “screw the kids” who just wanted to get an education. Something about that reeks of nastiness and lack of empathy.

This would be a damn good thing and we should do it. We can afford it because it’ll pay for itself.
We pay for it with a tax on trades. This way we get some of the bail out back and after the person gets a degree they will likely have money to invest and will then pay into the system themselves.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Where did I say that I support that??? I only asked why you must divert us off to war expenses for every subject discussed.

If you want free college, work for that goal. Or go serve your country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies