Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 06:21 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Seems like the school deputy was just the democrat sheriff's scapegoat.
Israel has only been a Democrat since he ran for office--
He was registered Republican before then if what I read online was accurate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 06:23 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
There is plenty of blame to go around
And the NRA definitely has a big share of it
Please provide evidence of a single NRA member who has killed anyone in cold blooded murder.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
So the news is reporting several Broward County officers decided not to go, even when Coral Springs of arrived on the scene , they still didn’t go in.

I can’t bkame them, I’m sure cops are tired of being outgunned. More reason why the average person should have that much firepower
Then quit your freaking job and let someone who intends to do it take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
And it gets worse. When Coral Springs Police showed up at the scene 3 other Broward County Deputies were waiting outside behind their vehicles with guns drawn but not entering the school. They sent the second responders in?!?!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so...7Kz&ocid=edgsp
The Sheriff should resign in shame, he failed, his department failed, and those so called "deputies" failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So now 4 good guys with guns couldn’t stop a bad guy with a gun. Simply reinforces my opinion of what tough talking gun owners are really made of.
Actually it shows you what LEO's (that the gun banners demand we rely on) are really made of. Depend on 'em and you will DIE. The proof is in the high school (or pudding if you please).

Last edited by jimj; 02-23-2018 at 06:34 PM..

Old 02-23-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Please provide evidence of a single NRA member who has killed anyone in cold blooded murder.
Dodge, diffuse, evade, shadow box
You are good at ignoring responsibility for causes you support and don't want to admit could be flawed

Old 02-23-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Doubt it. The thing was over very quickly. Doubt they got there while the shooter was active. The SRO was but not the others.

There is a fair complaint that their failure put the wounded at risk.
SIX MINUTES is not "quickly". "Quickly" is 30 seconds, maybe a minute but not SIX MINUTES. Face it, the Sheriff should be fired or resign and every freaking deputy who stood outside or thinks that waiting for the shooting to end is okay needs to find work as a mall cop. Some LEO's have actually said "well, I'want to go home to my family at the end of shift" or "SCOTUS has ruled that we have no duty to protect the public".

That football coach didn't wait, it wasn't too quick for that HERO football coach to drive a student to the field house to get him to safety THEN return to the campus and stand between the killer and his students giving his life for them unlike those pu$$ys wearing badges outside.

Sorry, I've got smoke coming out my ears right now. Bad enough one cop is worthless but FOUR.
And now the gun grabbers as well as pizz ant left wing politicians want us to trust our very lives to these people?

No thank you very much.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Israel has only been a Democrat since he ran for office--
He was registered Republican before then if what I read online was accurate
If true that might be why his leadership is so flawed, he can't make up his own mind which ideology he's going to follow.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
SIX MINUTES is not "quickly". "Quickly" is 30 seconds, maybe a minute but not SIX MINUTES. Face it, the Sheriff should be fired or resign and every freaking deputy who stood outside or thinks that waiting for the shooting to end is okay needs to find work as a mall cop. Some LEO's have actually said "well, I'want to go home to my family at the end of shift" or "SCOTUS has ruled that we have no duty to protect the public".

That football coach didn't wait, it wasn't too quick for that HERO football coach to drive a student to the field house to get him to safety THEN return to the campus and stand between the killer and his students giving his life for them unlike those pu$$ys wearing badges outside.

Sorry, I've got smoke coming out my ears right now. Bad enough one cop is worthless but FOUR.
And now the gun grabbers as well as pizz ant left wing politicians want us to trust our very lives to these people?

No thank you very much.
are you sure that the coach who drove that boy who saw Cruz loading the gun away from the school is one of the ones who was killed by him?

I would think that would be a story the MSM would tend to pick up on
We have heard lot about the students who are alive and trying to change gun laws
The stories about the bravery of those who died have not been revisited with the move vocal living advocates...

Old 02-23-2018, 06:38 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Seems like the school deputy was just the democrat sheriff's scapegoat.
FWIW, he was a lifelong republican. He’s been a cop his whole adult life, and is the son of a homicide detective.

He only switched parties in order to run for office.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That might be a little tough since there is no database of NRA members, so to be fair the correct answer is neither you nor I know.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
FWIW, he was a lifelong republican. He’s been a cop his whole adult life, and is the son of a homicide detective.

He only switched parties in order to run for office.
That's interesting to know but it still seems like he might be throwing the school deputy under the bus in this situation. Not all republicans and cops are good guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies