Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's not ID's they are checking!!!!

*grabs pepper spray*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
How do you determine this? Stop people and check "under the hood"? ID checks? Some type of body scanner outside the bathroom door?
There is so much more to distinguishing men from women than what's under the skirt - obviously. I think it's particularly silly that men think they can wear make up, put on a dress and heels and pass for a woman.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 PM

783 posts, read 695,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because your logic is ignoring the fact that an all-gender bathroom is for EVERYONE, not just for transgendered people.
You still don't get the logic. This is simply the ridiculous. All-gender bathrooms are the SAME THING as unisex bathrooms. There is no difference between the two. No one was debating the validity of unisex bathrooms before or even now. If anything, people were saying that transgender people should use the unisex bathrooms. So simply changing the name only gives tacit approval to the people who were opposing transgender bathrooms.

For people who don't have common sense let me break down the bathroom types.

1. Unisex/all-gender/all-people/whatever you want to call it. It's a single stalled bathroom that anyone can use. People use one at a time.

2. Single-stalled specific sex bathroom. These are a single stalled bathroom with a sign on the door for a specific sex. One person at a time, but presumably male or female only.

3. Multiple occupancy specific sex bathrooms. The large bathrooms with lots of people in them. Specific sex, male or female only.

Clearly if people can't understand this, the entire debate was surrounding the multiple occupancy bathrooms. CLEARLY. If you don't get that I don't know what to tell you. All of the arguments for or against are obviously only relevant if others are in the bathroom at the same time. So when people make these ridiculous arguments about people being able to use a single stalled bathroom, the point is moot. We can call bathrooms at peoples house, the port-a-potty at a public park or anything that doesn't denote sex a unisex/all-gender bathroom.

Even the single-stalled specific sex bathroom wouldn't be the same. At worst you could simply call it a nuisance to some people for the idea that there would have been someone of the same sex walking in it. Maybe a man would pee on the toilet seat in the women's room or something like that. But the main issues of privacy and protection are not even relevant.

I was thinking that people were referring to a fourth type of bathroom.

4. Multiple occupancy/unisex/all-gender bathroom.

Instead people delivered more of the first type. That's why I think all-gender bathrooms are a joke. They are not in any way qualitatively different from the types of bathrooms we already had.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
There is so much more to distinguishing men from women than what's under the skirt - obviously. I think it's particularly silly that men think they can wear make up, put on a dress and heels and pass for a woman.

You obviously have never been to Thailand.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 PM

Whatever you want to call them: there can be one room with multiple stalls that all genders can use at the same time, together

Old 02-20-2018, 11:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Whatever you want to call them: there can be one room with multiple stalls that all genders can use at the same time, together
There is not a single woman I know that would use a bathroom where a man can go to a stall next to her.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:46 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
^^^Depends on how bad I have to go! But I'm married not single.

Sounds like fear more than antyhing else.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:53 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
You obviously have never been to Thailand.
Are you suggesting that people in Thailand have to look under the skirts of their neighbors to discern whether they are male or female, that people in Thailand are androgynous, that foreigners have difficulty identifying gender of Asians, that all public toilets in Thailand are unisex?

Old 02-21-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There is not a single woman I know that would use a bathroom where a man can go to a stall next to her.

Yes, a few here on this thread have said so. Seriously - why care?

Old 02-21-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Are you suggesting that people in Thailand have to look under the skirts of their neighbors to discern whether they are male or female, that people in Thailand are androgynous, that foreigners have difficulty identifying gender of Asians, that all public toilets in Thailand are unisex?

I am stating that Thai boys make beautiful Thai women. You cannot tell from them just walking around.

Heck, I'm a petite feminine woman, and they would make ME look masculine. /lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies