Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 10:52 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times

Advertisements

Burning the place to the ground, is appropriate imo .... as long as the building is stand alone, and empty.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:02 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,576,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia2432 View Post
This is a non issue for me, because I heavily believe in boycotting establishments that don't respect customers.

On another note, do you believe that Virginia Tech should have a special medal detector for all Asian students, since, an Asian male (Seung-Hui Cho) killed over 30 students with his assault riffle? Why not judge all Asians who attend VA tech, by the actions of Seung-Hui Cho. Based on your logic, this seems like the fair thing to do.
You know if you're going to argue a point, at least get your facts straight. The va tech shooter used all handguns, no assault style weapons.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:21 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We had a thread going a few days ago about a black restaurant owner charging white people more for the same meal than other people. So, just why would this be any different? Actually, it's far less offensive, no one is actually punished as a result of their race-the owner is just taking steps to protect his/her livelihood.
While I did not comment on that thread, I did read the article. Did you?

Old 03-04-2018, 11:22 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re trying to make this complicated...it ain’t.

Bears aside, if you don’t pay upfront, then I ain’t paying upfront. But if you DO pay upfront, then I will too. All these parables and hypotheticals using carnivorous ursidae doesn’t interest me in the least.
Answer the question.. its pretty freakin simple ....

Don't avoid the question...

You know the answer....

</lesson over>

Old 03-04-2018, 11:34 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t like the policy but I’ll eat there anyway. Intentionally. I’d put it at the top of my list.

I’ll even pay upfront...as long as you have to do the same. I wish this place was near me. I’d get the clique together and invade the place. We’d eat like savages.
Why should I have to? They know I’ll pay.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My best friend is 6'3" and 200lb (very lean and mean guy). He can eat a lot of beef and the Chinese buffet restaurant owner was never happy when my best friend was there. My friend is white.

In my opinion, if your policy is "all you can eat", then that is "all you can eat".

Yep. And for every person who eats plateful after plateful, there is probably at least one who, like me, only ever choose buffets for the variety, rather than the quantity. A few bites of this, a few bites, of that, and a few bites of something else probably adds up to LESS food than I would get at a "regular" restaurant, because there is no taking home of leftovers at a buffet.

Generally speaking, I rarely eat at buffets for that reason, and Chinese buffets in particular, as Chinese food and steam tables are not really a very good combination. There is little in life that's worse than overcooked, limp stir-fry. I would much rather go to a nice place with a friend or two, and get a variety of dishes to share.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think discrimination based on behavior and conduct is a good thing. It puts pressure on the group to change its ways.
To hold every single member of any group responsible for the actions of every other member of that group (or any other member, for that matter) is ridiculous. People are responsible for their own actions, and those of their minor children, and that is all.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
To hold every single member of any group responsible for the actions of every other member of that group (or any other member, for that matter) is ridiculous. People are responsible for their own actions, and those of their minor children, and that is all.
Liberals only have that standard when it comes to profiling. On top of that liberals want to hold every single member of the other group(s) responsible for the actions of members of another group.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:50 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Well my point was directed to those in this thread and the black college students who are upset that some blacks are asked to pay for the buffet upfront, when they should be more upset at the blacks that skipped out on paying and caused the restaurant to fix that problem by asking high risk customers to pay before eating.

Why get mad at the Chinese restaurant that has lost money from blacks who ran out of the restaurant and not paying their bill? They are the real victim in this situation, not those black college students. And just maybe, if they are ever in a situation seeing other blacks thinking about skipping out on paying what they owe, they could speak up and tell them to do the right thing instead. Just tell the others that it's not cool or entertaining to steal from others.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:56 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,717,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well my point was directed to those in this thread and the black college students who are upset that some blacks are asked to pay for the buffet upfront, when they should be more upset at the blacks that skipped out on paying and caused the restaurant to fix that problem by asking high risk customers to pay before eating.

Why get mad at the Chinese restaurant that has lost money from blacks who ran out of the restaurant and not paying their bill? They are the real victim in this situation, not those black college students. And just maybe, if they are ever in a situation seeing other blacks thinking about skipping out on paying what they owe, they could speak up and tell them to do the right thing instead. Just tell the others that it's not cool or entertaining to steal from others.
I think they can refuse service to blacks if they don't feel comfortable.

But telling them that "you people steal" is definitely rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies