Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 10:17 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have a Chinese-American friend who bought a liquor store in a black neighborhood. He complains about the black customers on daily basis, but he also said that business is so profitable. He cannot afford to close it down.

As a business owner, I understand that you need to do everything you can to protect your business. But we are living in a reality world here, I have no empathy toward idiots and the Chinese manager in op is an idiot.
How is that Chinese manager an idiot? Just for stereotyping young black people based on his own experiences running that restaurant?

He has had problems with young BLACK skipping out after eating at his restaurant. He is tired of his staff trying to catch them to pay for their meal, so his simple solution is to make large groups of young black customers pay upfront for their meal. And I am thinking that couples and groups of four, or families with young kids aren't a problem, just a large number of fit young blacks that think that they can outrun the staff and scatter, since whoever is caught will only have to pay for themselves, not the whole group's bill. Again, I think that skipping out on the check is some perverse game with these young blacks.

And it's also a cultural thing. In traditional Chinese culture, part of why their people behave and do the right thing like not making baby mommas, is that it's very important NOT to do anything that might bring shame or embarrassment to ones family or people. But apparently the black community doesn't share this concept. So it's really too bad that this complaining college student doesn't go to social media to ask their fellow young blacks to stop trying to skip out on their dinner checks at this restaurant and to stop making other blacks look bad.

AND... the Chinese restaurant owner, in not making everyone pay upfront, is only guilty of not realizing that his actions weren't being politically correct. He's not an idiot for trying to prevent future thefts. So he should make all his customers pay up front and have a sign in the window and by his register letting his customers know the new policy and that it's because of some people in the past skipping out on their bill.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:20 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What IS your point? Did they make some college students pay ahead of time or all of them? You're comparing apples with oranges.
My point is that everyone discriminates against different groups for different reasons, and nearly everyone goes along with that.

I'm going to change a few words in the following, and you'll see what I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm confused...are you insinuating that the customer who was asked to pay up front should not be offended because people that have the same skin color as her behaved poorly in the past? Please correct me and tell me I've got it terribly wrong.

According to you, because previous black customers have stolen in the past, all future black customers should pay in advance? Do I have that right?
Change it to the following, and you'll get the point:

I'm confused...are you insinuating that the person who was asked to pay reparations should not be offended because people that have the same skin color as they behaved poorly in the past? Please correct me and tell me I've got it terribly wrong.

According to you, because previous white persons owned slaves in the past, all white persons should pay reparations? Do I have that right?

Old 03-05-2018, 10:30 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How is that Chinese manager an idiot? Just for stereotyping young black people based on his own experiences running that restaurant?
l.
Yes, because "free market" does not exist in today's world. In an Ideal world, he certainly should do what his heart desires, but he is living in a realistic world here.

Entrepreneurs face typical business risks but can reduce these risks and their personal liability through focusing on specific risk-reduction measures. For example, "everybody pays up" would be an easy solution.

Now, He is labeled as a racist. Is it really good for his business? Therefore, I said what I said, " I have no empathy toward idiots"

Old 03-05-2018, 10:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:

He has had problems with young BLACK skipping out after eating at his restaurant. He is tired of his staff trying to catch them to pay for their meal, so his simple solution is to make large groups of young black customers pay upfront for their meal. And I am thinking that couples and groups of four, or families with young kids aren't a problem, just a large number of fit young blacks that think that they can outrun the staff and scatter, since whoever is caught will only have to pay for themselves, not the whole group's bill. Again, I think that skipping out on the check is some perverse game with these young blacks.

And it's also a cultural thing. In traditional Chinese culture, part of why their people behave and do the right thing like not making baby mommas, is that it's very important NOT to do anything that might bring shame or embarrassment to ones family or people. But apparently the black community doesn't share this concept. So it's really too bad that this complaining college student doesn't go to social media to ask their fellow young blacks to stop trying to skip out on their dinner checks at this restaurant and to stop making other blacks look bad.

AND... the Chinese restaurant owner, in not making everyone pay upfront, is only guilty of not realizing that his actions weren't being politically correct. He's not an idiot for trying to prevent future thefts. So he should make all his customers pay up front and have a sign in the window and by his register letting his customers know the new policy and that it's because of some people in the past skipping out on their bill.
Yes, that is exactly what he should do.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
So he should make all his customers pay up front and have a sign in the window and by his register letting his customers know the new policy and that it's because of some people in the past skipping out on their bill.
Correct

In America, this is how you do business.

The local buffet restaurant (chinese owned) has a policy, if you left too much food in the plate, you need to pay for that plate. I don't think people have a problem with that. One rule for all, or no rule at all. Not that hard.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
I've paid up front at many a Chinese buffet and the place was packed so don't see how this manager t hinks telling people to pay up front is an issue.

Will note, I agree he is an idiot and a racist idiot at that and if that had happened to me or my kids who went out to eat, then I would sue the crap out of them.

Those of you who have not problem with this, something is wrong with you.

Interestingly, but I was just reading a post this morning about a couple who was white who went into a department store and the security cameras and personnel caught them stealing a sh*tload of stuff from the store at the mall (very interesting is the fact that they were caught and let go without the police being called). The man even put on some shoes and tried to walk out/steal them. Where I live white people steal the crap out of everything, yet you never hear about how "white people steal" (and in my experience, white people steal more than anyone else) and all white people being tagged as thieves.

It is interesting how it is so easy for folks to place a criminal label on black people versus whites in regards to stealing when more often than not, white folks steal just as much or more than black people especially in regards to shop lifting.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I've paid up front at many a Chinese buffet and the place was packed so don't see how this manager t hinks telling people to pay up front is an issue.

Will note, I agree he is an idiot and a racist idiot at that and if that had happened to me or my kids who went out to eat, then I would sue the crap out of them.

Those of you who have not problem with this, something is wrong with you.

Interestingly, but I was just reading a post this morning about a couple who was white who went into a department store and the security cameras and personnel caught them stealing a sh*tload of stuff from the store at the mall (very interesting is the fact that they were caught and let go without the police being called). The man even put on some shoes and tried to walk out/steal them. Where I live white people steal the crap out of everything, yet you never hear about how "white people steal" (and in my experience, white people steal more than anyone else) and all white people being tagged as thieves.

It is interesting how it is so easy for folks to place a criminal label on black people versus whites in regards to stealing when more often than not, white folks steal just as much or more than black people especially in regards to shop lifting.
No decaf available this morning? Wow.

Some folks don't promote slavery like you do. We've been over this.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:04 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Where I live white people steal the crap out of everything, yet you never hear about how "white people steal" (and in my experience, white people steal more than anyone else) and all white people being tagged as thieves.
In your experience? Can you explain how much experience you have with white people stealing stuff?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
These people don't like blacks but they always open their businesses in black neighborhoods. Why do that if you are going to assume that every black person that comes in is going to steal? Blacks, stop supporting people who don't like you. You're making these people rich and they wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst. SMDH

Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
They do the same thing here in Canada to Native Aborigina people. It was in the news that long ago. Asian hands down are the most racist of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies