Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 01:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I would have been very happy to get a warning that someone had a gun in a playground with children - particularly given what it said on his shirt.

I know you gun worshippers think it's perfectly fine but there are many reasonable people who do not and would prefer to avoid someone who felt the need to bring a gun to such an inappropriate place for one and would be quite happy to get the warning and know to stay away from him.
again just because the gun grabbers wet their panties every time they see a gun because they are scared of them, doesnt mean everyone has to be sacred of guns. i dont fear them, and i have had one pointed at me in anger in a robbery. i have been around people openly carrying guns for 58 years, and as i have noted before, many were real bikers. its not the gun, and its not the people who carry them safely that are the problem.

once again the guy in the story was not doing anything but carrying the gun in its holster. he wasnt playing with it, he wasnt letting anyone else play with it, he wasnt pointing at anyone, or anything else like that. all he was doing was minding his own business and playing with his kids. and to you wet panty gun grabbers, that is somehow suspicious by its very nature.

little miss nosy nancy should have just minded her own business since the guy was doing nothing wrong.

now had he been brandishing his gun, pulling it out of the holster, and putting it back, then she would have had good reason to call the cops, and i would have applauded her for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 01:52 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
*emphasis mine
Good to know

Never ****ing fails
And you don't understand that
Quote:
However, that doesn't influence my judgement of them nearly as much as things like dress, attitude, and demeanor. If you walk in wearing your pants hanging down around your knees with a bunch of bling in your mouth, I classify you as an idiot
is a judgement of behavior? Am I calling someone out for wearing pants? No. I'm calling them out for the way they wear their pants, in other words their behavior in public. Same with people who have a mouth full of gold. Either of the above is a mark of behavior, while wearing a shirt with a saying on it is not.

Quote:
oh dear, I think that burn is going to leave a mark.
There is no burn, other than for those who can't figure out the difference between wardrobe and behavior.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Since you're all about making this a racial issue. Suppose it had been a black man who was lawfully carrying a gun wearing a Black Lives Matter t-shirt that she called the police on? I guess you'd be applauding her actions too?

I'll tell you what I'm gonna' do. The next time I see a black man wearing a t-shirt that I deem to be threatening I'm gonna' call the cops whether he's armed or not. Or how about all of those scary looking individuals that cover their bodies with tattoos. Fair enough?

Not too long ago one of those individuals entered our local supermarket, his face and head was tattooed to look like a skull with blood dripping from the corner of it's mouth, his arms had tattoos of daggers with blood dripping from them too. Shaved head, neck tattoos, the works. He was the center of attention that's for sure. People kept their distance from him, he scared the living' sh*t outta' my wife. Something was definitely not right upstairs. I'd never seen anything like it in my life. However he wasn't bothering anyone other than by his appearance and yet no one called the cops.
I already said it doesn’t matter what race the person is, if she thought this guy was a threat, she is within her right to call the police.

What’s been pointed out multiple times is if this was a black man, this wouldn’t be a thread and none of you would care.

READ next time.

I don’t care what you do, to be honest. Call the cops on whomever you want. *shrugs*

See how that works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post

is a judgement of behavior? Am I calling someone out for wearing pants? No. I'm calling them out for the way they wear their pants, in other words their behavior in public. Same with people who have a mouth full of gold. Either of the above is a mark of behavior, while wearing a shirt with a saying on it is not.

There is no burn, other than for those who can't figure out the difference between wardrobe and behavior.
Lol. What a sad attempt at backpedaling.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:58 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I already said it doesn’t matter what race the person is, if she thought this guy was a threat, she is within her right to call the police.

What’s been pointed out multiple times is if this was a black man, this wouldn’t be a thread and none of you would care.

READ next time.

I don’t care what you do, to be honest. Call the cops on whomever you want. *shrugs*

See how that works?

Coming from someone who doesn't understand how a comma works when tying two statements together and believes that the shirt was stating a threat...

Old 04-20-2018, 02:00 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again just because the gun grabbers wet their panties every time they see a gun because they are scared of them, doesnt mean everyone has to be sacred of guns. i dont fear them, and i have had one pointed at me in anger in a robbery. i have been around people openly carrying guns for 58 years, and as i have noted before, many were real bikers. its not the gun, and its not the people who carry them safely that are the problem.

once again the guy in the story was not doing anything but carrying the gun in its holster. he wasnt playing with it, he wasnt letting anyone else play with it, he wasnt pointing at anyone, or anything else like that. all he was doing was minding his own business and playing with his kids. and to you wet panty gun grabbers, that is somehow suspicious by its very nature.

little miss nosy nancy should have just minded her own business since the guy was doing nothing wrong.

now had he been brandishing his gun, pulling it out of the holster, and putting it back, then she would have had good reason to call the cops, and i would have applauded her for it.
The only panty wetters I see are the gun worshippers who can't stand the fact that not everyone else loves guns and don't want them forced into their faces every where they go. Get over it, far more people don't own guns than do.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:03 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:

Going to the park with a T-shirt is wardrobe.
Walking in with pants is a behavior

If you fool yourself with that bull****, so be it.
You don't fool any reasonable person.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Coming from someone who doesn't understand how a comma works when tying two statements together and believes that the shirt was stating a threat...
Lol. What does your perceived usages of my punctuation ( ) have to do with you getting called out, followed by your sad attempt at backpedaling? Lol.

Please point out where I said this guy’s shirt was “stating a threat”. Direct quote, please.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:20 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
The only panty wetters I see are the gun worshippers who can't stand the fact that not everyone else loves guns and don't want them forced into their faces every where they go. Get over it, far more people don't own guns than do.
Based on the article, the guy was minding his own business and not forcing the woman to do anything. If she didn't feel comfortable around a guy with a gun then she could leave.

As someone who carries concealed all of the time, I keep an eye out for others who carry. If I'm out with my wife, I'll ask her if she can find the guy with the gun. After she jokingly points to me, rarely can she find him even when the guy is open carrying. I've seen open carry in department stores, grocery stores and even waiting in line during "black Friday" sales. A bunch of us just waited in line and talked. No one either noticed (kind of hard since he was within inches of others) or they didn't care.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:42 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

READ next time.

See how that works?

The whole point of my post went way over your head.

READ next time.

See how that works?

Old 04-20-2018, 04:34 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,215,097 times
Quote:
I would have been very happy to get a warning that someone had a gun in a playground with children - particularly given what it said on his shirt.

I know you gun worshippers think it's perfectly fine but there are many reasonable people who do not and would prefer to avoid someone who felt the need to bring a gun to such an inappropriate place for one and would be quite happy to get the warning and know to stay away from him.
Quote:

How do you react when you see a police officer? Do you react the same way? They have no business being in a park with their kids, or at the grocery store buying groceries, on in line at the bank to deposit a check?

If the answer to any of these questions is NO you have no issue with the police officer, like almost every single person in this country does not have a problem with the police officer, then you have a problem with a person who is not in a uniform having a weapon; the civilian gun owner.

The only difference between the civilian gun owner, and the police officer is the uniform, and the degree of training. Now weather this story is true and actually happened, or was made up, it still raises the very question that everyone is complaining about one way or the other.

Open caring of a firearm is legal in over 40 states, like it or not it is legal. If you don't like the open carry laws, have your legislature change the laws to only allow concealed carry. At that point you would never know if someone is caring gun or not.

You see a civilian gun owner open caring as a threat to you, and feel as if that person some how is violating your rights. The civilian gun own, who is legally opening caring, feels they are not violating the law, and just want to be left alone.

The actions while caring a firearm that will get someone landed in jail, brandishing the firearm taking it out of it's holster and waving it around, negligent discharge of a firearm, shooting it by mistake along with a multitude of other infractions are cause for alarm. And any of those real causes for alarm most defiantly should have the police called.

Last edited by rigby06; 04-20-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies