Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 11:42 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How does that make any sense?

The trained police apparently didn't realize that he wasn't threatening and had a toy gun

If the "moron" who made the call obviously didn't realize that the man wasn't threatening and had a toy gun, so if said "moron" had had a gun how would they have been more likely to recognize that the man wasn't threatening and had a toy gun?

The one that MADE THE CALL lied and reported a man with a gun was pointing it at customers and children. THAT is what made the police assume that it was indeed real, and that the unarmed man was a threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 11:53 AM

957 posts, read 758,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Let me explain the difference between loaded and unloaded carry.
I remember as children how we carried our cap pistols around playing like we're Hop along Cassidy, but most people outgrow it. When the Mulford Act was passed, it was assumed it was dealing with adults and they wouldn't be parading thru town with an unloaded sidearm.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:54 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The one that MADE THE CALL lied
Citation requested

Quote:
and reported a man with a gun was pointing it at customers and children. THAT is what made the police assume that it was indeed real, and that the unarmed man was a threat.
Again, if the original caller believed that the man had a real gun and was a threat, why do you believe they wouldn't have shot him if armed.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:57 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I actually read the article and I would be alarmed by this man. And that was exactly his intention. "Johnston said he was openly carrying his handgun in a holster on his hip, and was also sporting a Warrior 12 shirt emblazoned with the words, “I’LL CONTROL MY GUNS, YOU CONTROL YOUR KIDS” across the back." Geezus.
in other words you too would have jumped to conclusions after wetting you pants. was he doing anything suspicious? was he doing anything that might have suggested that he would suddenly become a rampage killer? the fact is the answer to both of those questions is NO he wasnt. the gun was in his holster, and it never came out. he wasnt playing with it, he wasnt brandishing it, in fact he wasnt breaking any laws. and just because he was carrying, and wore a t shirt that said what it said, and that you would call the cops for him MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS says more about YOU than about him.

as i have noted before, i have been around bikers, real ones, not some guy that rides a honda goldwing on the weekend, but guys that belonged to clubs like the hells angels and other biker clubs, who carried guns openly, and wore jackets that had live free or die embroidered on them, and i never once got nervous about being around them. they minded their business, i minded mine, and we got along just fine.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:58 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in other words you too would have jumped to conclusions after wetting you pants. was he doing anything suspicious? was he doing anything that might have suggested that he would suddenly become a rampage killer? the fact is the answer to both of those questions is NO he wasnt. the gun was in his holster, and it never came out. he wasnt playing with it, he wasnt brandishing it, in fact he wasnt breaking any laws. and just because he was carrying, and wore a t shirt that said what it said, and that you would call the cops for him MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS says more about YOU than about him.
This, almost certainly, never took place.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:02 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I remember as children how we carried our cap pistols around playing like we're Hop along Cassidy, but most people outgrow it. When the Mulford Act was passed, it was assumed it was dealing with adults and they wouldn't be parading thru town with an unloaded sidearm.
I don't ever remember seeing a parade of guns. But then I don't look for them as I don't live in fear like that.
Besides, it's still legal to have a handgun in a biometric case on your person, in your car, etc. Stupid laws. The gun you need to worry about is the one you don't see.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:05 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Have you ever heard of rose-colored-glasses? I believe you have race-colored-glasses.

You forgot Persians:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/youtube...-live-updates/

Arabs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_S...nardino_attack

Oh, you thought you were safe with including Black:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.C._sniper_attacks

And White Women:
https://timeline.com/school-shooter-...er-bf98e8bf106

Lets throw it all out there then you can do the math for percentage of population:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

In conclusion: You only want to see the evil deeds of the white male. Maybe it's you that should stop now.
I see this is very difficult for you to understand. Shame, but not shocking.

If the cops had been called on a minority maie with a weapon, this thread wouldn’t exist or certainly would not be this long. And I wouldn’t care, if said person was carrying a weapon in a public space like this.

For the slow people in class, this woman has every right to call the police for what she thought was a threat. A white male with a weapon in a public space, given what other mass shootings in public spaces by white men over the last ~6 months (Parkland, Sutherland Springs, Vegas), is a legitimate reason to call the cops, maybe in her estimation. And who are you to tell her otherwise, anyways?

And for those links provided, which of those involved murdering children in public spaces? Oops. That was the sound of the point going over your head.

Yeah, it would’ve just been easier for you to not respond.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:07 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

If the cops had been called on a minority maie with a weapon, this thread wouldn’t exist or certainly would not be this long. And I wouldn’t care, if said person was carrying a weapon in a public space like this.

For the slow people in class, this woman has every right to call the police for what she thought was a threat. A white male with a weapon in a public space, given what other mass shootings in public spaces by white men over the last ~6 months (Parkland, Sutherland Springs, Vegas), is a legitimate reason to call the cops, maybe in her estimation. And who are you to tell her otherwise, anyways?

And for those links provided, which of those involved murdering children in public spaces? Oops. That was the sound of the point going over your head.

Oh wow. Most gun owners are white males and logically sound since most of the US is white. If it wasn't a white male, percentage wise, we'd have a much bigger problem huh.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:07 PM

1,081 posts, read 549,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Way to dodge... apparently you can't read either, or your glasses prevent you from it.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
This, almost certainly, never took place.
and you know this how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies